• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Kelis | Kelis B.A.T Design |

Started by kelis, April 15, 2010, 03:31:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

io_bg

Visit my MD, The region of Pirgos!
Last updated: 28 November

Sciurus

Just wonderful Kelis!! &apls &apls

Guillaume :thumbsup:
L'atelier d'architecture
* * * * * Longwy * * * * *

Gilikov1994

I see your work everywhere :D &apls

- Giel :thumbsup:
Check out my LOT thread, and also the EBLTeam!

==> http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=10509.msg318190#new <==

FrankU

Explanation on The Neue Wache from the Berlin City website:

The Neue Wache or New Guardhouse is a memorial to the victims of war and tyranny. Kathe Köllwitz famous Pietà sculpture - Mother and her Dead Son - can be admired here.

It is located between the Deutsches Historisches Museum (German History Museum) or former Armoury and the Humboldt University. This was Karl Friedrich Schinkel's first important building commission in Berlin part of his classical architectural legacy to Berlin. Erected in 1818 as a monument to the victims of the anti-Napoleonic wars it has been the reunited Federal Republic of Germany's main monument for the commemoration of the victims of war and tyranny since 1993.

It served as a monument in three distinctive phases of German history. Until 1918 it was a memorial to the Wars of Liberation. From 1931, under Reichspresident Paul von Hindenburg, Heinrich Tessenow converted the monument into a memorial for the victims of the First World War by covering up an inner courtyard which only let through a slither of light. The task of transforming the monument fell into the hands of architect Heinrich Tessenow who produced a black granite block structure with a gold and silver Eichenlaubkranz. In the period following the end of the Second World War and the memorial's destruction the GDR leadership turned it into the monument for the victims of Fascism and militarism. An eternal flame was placed in a cube above the ashes of an unknown concentration camp prisoner and an unknown fallen soldier.

German reunification found a suitable symbol for the memorial in Käthe Kollwitz wrenching sculpture also known as her Pietà – Mother and her Dead Son – to express the perpetual tragedy of the loss of life caused by war and tyranny. Today the underground room includes the remains of an unknown soldier, a resistance fighter and soil from battlefields and concentration camps.

The classical elements include the cubic form reminiscent of a roman Castrum with a sandstone vestibule. The columns are decorated with metal Victorias in place of the classical triglyph and metope frieze.

And your BAT is great!

SimFox

the modeling I see here is pretty good, however I same problem with lighting keep re-appearing in each new BAT... Surprisingly like in the story of Empreror's/King's new dress nobody seem to "notice" them. What is it? Such an understanding of etiquette? Or do people really not notice it?

Well, I'll dare to be a bad boy and point them out:

Apart from light going "through" things it's hue is also too intense And too yellow imho.

May I ask what are you making it in?

There are some noticeable distortions of the key proportions that do alter look and harmony of the building. Chiefly the spacing of the columns of the main facade portico. This rhythm is a very important, key expressive element of the building yet in the model it is basically broken and gone.

Orange_o_

Kelis I am in the opinion of Simfox. I had already indicated you this problem on your previous building.  ;)

°   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °  

vester

These light leaks that SimFox pointed out, seems to come from when two volumes goes through each other.

iamgoingtoeatyou

Hi Kelis, I love your bats and your Berlin journal! I know you have some other bats earlier in this thread that are finished, will you be uploading those too?  :P

kelis

Hello to all  :)

manchou Thanks my friend !

io_bg Thanks  ;)

Sciurus Thanks !

wallasey Thanks !

Gilikov1994 Thanks my friend ! watch out for rain  $%Grinno$%

FrankU Great information, Thanks friend !

SimFox Thanks simfox, I see the problem with light, ¿ how I can fix it ? Thank !

Orange_o_ Thanks my friend ! and yes, will try to work on it !

vester Thank vester !

iamgoingtoeatyou Thanks my friend ! i like your CJ " World " Paris and Hong Kong are amazing !  :) and yes my buildings will be available.

Thanks to all !  ;)
.                                                                                                                      

|| Benelux Team || Windows on the World || My Photos on Flickr || Kelis BNL Projects ||

art128

I also get that very same light problem as Kelis, so please Simfox, come over here !  :D
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

SimFox

the easiest and surest way to fix it to make sure that all your geometry is two sided. This way you don't need to set your material to be two-sided, since this option may be violated by the BAT export script in GMAX.
So use boxes for everything rather than planes. This should block the light. Planes are single sided geometry. So if your roof is a plane (i suspect it is) if you plance camera inside the building and point it up you'll see NO roof at all. And neither does light see anything there, that's why it continue to shine like there is nothing in its way, cause there isn't really...

I would also suggest to use some sort of decay on your lights... Physically correct inverted Square probably wouldn't work well without gamma correction, but you can try simple Inverted. Or try to set it yourself manually by demarking near (not too necessary) and outer (really necessary) attenuation.
Although in GMAX there is no way to create realistic bounced light you may fake it by using several lights instead of one spot or omni.

kelis

Thanks Simfox !

Okei a new Berlin building !

" Haus des Lehrers " in Alexanderplazt

;)
.                                                                                                                      

|| Benelux Team || Windows on the World || My Photos on Flickr || Kelis BNL Projects ||

FrankU

Hey, beautiful again. Very useful also.
But, didn't you forget the low buildig on the right side in the image? I thought that's part of the building.

But please go on!

Gilikov1994

Check out my LOT thread, and also the EBLTeam!

==> http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=10509.msg318190#new <==

Sciurus

L'atelier d'architecture
* * * * * Longwy * * * * *

manchou

Very good begining  :thumbsup: Look at the building's windows, there're got "shutter", and several are closed, others not totaly, ... you understand ? $%Grinno$%
My BATs or here but it is in french ;)

alj

Kelis, good start. I especially like what you have done with the wall mosaic.

One question though: why does your model have one floor more than the original building? Are you testing the pixel counters in the forums?  %wrd

Girafe

Kelis, you made fabulous additions for the city of Berlin  ;)
The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    * 

kelis

Thanks to all for the coments my friends  :)

I present the Berlin Bat Team site http://kelisdesign.kk5.org

coming soon all models

Neue Wache.
Sankt-Hedwigs-Kathedrale.
Internationales Handelszentrum.
Haus des Lehrers.
DB Turm.
Berlin Bauakademie - Available Now

:)
.