• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Something thats blocks all res low-density lots larger then 1x1...

Started by Kitsune, August 26, 2011, 02:49:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kitsune

Is this even possible? I'm zoning a ton of residental and lining it up to be 1x1 to maximize population, but darn 2x2 and 2x1 lots come along and ruin my plans, so something to block those 2x1 and 2x2's would be really nice... and yes I use the CAM.
~ NAM Team Member

Lowkee33

The size of the lot really shouldn't matter, as stage is determined by density.  A 1x1 lot should have roughly half the people living on it than a 1x2.  However, we know this is not the case.  Also to note that if you are doing 1x1 lots, then you are at a pretty low stage; the difference between 6 people and 16 people is going to mean less and less.

There isn't a mod, that I know of, that could block every 1x2 known.

But if you want to do it yourself, you can. :)

I think the best way would be to make yourself an override.  Datpacking, at least for the process, will save you much time.  Then you can use reader's exemplar analyzer to find, what is it, LotConfigPropertySize (?) (Tutorial).  Select all of the 1x2 and 2x1 lots, right click, and then "Add to patch".  Patch manager is there, so create your dat and save as a "z" folder (it must load after the originals).

Then, open this new file, use the analyzer again to find "Min Slope" (my prefered way to block) and set them all to 255 (or 100000 or whatever never happens).

Now you have blocked your 1x2 and 2x1 lots in a way that didn't touch the originals.  You will be able to remove the blocker at anytime as you choose.

Kitsune

you would think it would have... but after running an experiment, it seems a lot (prolly all of them) of the houses that grow on a 2x1 have the exact same occupancy as its 1x1 cousin... and that occupancy is often still maxed out. It seems a quick way of getting high-population suburbs... until those bloody 2x1 and 2x2 start popping up. And.. yes I'm quite ok with the reader, thanks to some interesting things I've had to do with this region... (ie set the min ariguculture demand to 45K.... thats +45K  $%Grinno$%)
~ NAM Team Member