• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

CSX Lumber Processing Not Appearing InGame

Started by SCAaron, September 29, 2011, 08:42:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SCAaron

hey, this is my first post, and its mainly looking for help.
ive been trying to follow up on the CSX mansions reward chain, and to get the lumber mansion, i need two CSX lumber lots, one of which would be the sawmill and the other would be the Lumber Processing. i downloaded the installer for this lot twice and followed the instructions both times. i have all relevant dependancies installed and and followed the readmes. the lot still hasnt appeared in my game menu. i cant find it at all, yet the sawmill is in the rewards folder, waiting for the lumber processor to be plopped for it to become available. i know the lot is quite old now, but i would like to resolve this. i would post a picture, but theres little point.
thanks

ScottFTL

The lot is a reward.  It will appear when you have met the requirements.

You need a Mayor Rating > 10 and 50 timber fields.  These fields are found in the BSC and CSX farms.

SCAaron

see, thats what i was thinking, im waiting for stuff to grow and whatnot so that ive met the requirements, but i thought it would appear as the grey icon in the rewards menu, and it would tell me the conditions, so far ive not had any way to determine whether its installed into the game or not.

ScottFTL

There are visible and hidden rewards.  Some will appear as a grey icon until they are unlocked, and some don't appear in the menu at all until you've met the conditions.  It depends how they are modded.

You can use the "youdon'tdeserveit" cheat to unlock all rewards.  This will at least let you confirm that it is installed properly.

SCAaron

oh right, thanks very much for clearing that up, i try the cheat code, just to see whether its actually installed. thanks again

A_1P

Hi everyone, I know this post is rather old, but i hope someone is still going to read this.

I have the exact same problem as SCAaron and this is indeed my very fost post here as well...

I have installed the CSX Forestry - Nexis Sawmill and the CSX Lumber Processing. The nexis sawmill is a grey building in the rewards section that claims to require 60 Timber fields to be built.

The Lumber Processing plant is not showing up anywhere (even with the above mentioned cheat to check).

Does anybody know a solution for that? Also, what is a Timber Field?

Thanks everyone!

Tyberius06

@A_1P: it's a tricky building.
It's a conditional reward building, which will be appearing in your menu when you reach the necessary requirements and the city advisor will be offering you this building. Until that point you simply won't find it in your menu, because it's hidden.
Alternatively you can use the show all building cheat. Hit ingame the CTRL+X buttons and type the following line: "You don't deserve it" (without the "" and with spaces. Just copy as I've written there.). Close and reopen the building menus - don't quit the game!!! -, all the locked and hidden buildings will be available and you will find this building either in the Rail Transportation menu around the maxis freight rail station or towards the end of the Park menu.

The Timber Field(s) are special Occupant Groups, I assume. I'm not sure, though. I'm going through recently on the full LEX/BSC/CSX etc... collection and there are a bunch of special OGs for reward chains. I never used them, because I don't play the regular gameplay, I'm rather designing cities, when I have time to play. So if I need a building, I'll just use the "You don't deserve it" cheat and get it.

I guess some of the BSC/CSX Timber/Lumber/Foresty lots have this OG, which would trigger the reward. But don't ask which one.
Best guess would be these:

https://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=1740
https://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=1755

I hope it helps!

- Tyberius
You may find updates about my ongoing projects into my development thread here at SimCity 4 Devotion: Tyberius Lotting Experiments
or over there on Simtropolis into the Tyberius (Heretic Projects) Lotting and Modding Experiments.
I'm also member of the STEX Custodian and working on different restoration projects on behalf of non-anymore-active custom content creators.
Current projects: WMP Restoration and SimCity Polska Restoration.
Member of the NAM Team and RTMT Team.

A_1P

Hi Tyberius06,

thanks for the reply and providing those links.

I found out that with the mods you mentioned (BSC Farm Fields - CSX Forestry (v1.0) and CSX Forestry Farms SF Vol01 (v1.0)) some low density industry areas can randomly turn into forrest farms . These are specifically pointing out the Lumber Fields.

You can later place actual trees on them, so it looks pretty all right. (see screenshot)

The Nexis Sawmill however does not seem to track these fields. Also the Game.rewart_instance_count line seems off  to me. (please see screenshot)

I did find the building with the cheat code in the parks and in the railway section, thanks!

Tyberius06

@A_1P

Ok, I looked a bit further into the stuffs and these reward chains. For timber related farm fields, you need this to be installed. There is a Pine Tree fields in it, which has the necessary timber field OG for the reward chain.

BSC Farm Fields - BLS Vol01

So far I couldn't locate the same OG anywhere else, but I haven't yet checked everything either.

There should be foresty fields in the BSC Farm Fields - BLS vol. 04, although those doesn't have "proper" OG at all. All 3 of them are running under the 0x00000000 OG, which is rather suspicious. But rural gameplay is an other field, that I'm not really familiar with.

Try the link what I shared above. That should cover the timber fields, although it's only one type (pine trees).

- Tyberius
You may find updates about my ongoing projects into my development thread here at SimCity 4 Devotion: Tyberius Lotting Experiments
or over there on Simtropolis into the Tyberius (Heretic Projects) Lotting and Modding Experiments.
I'm also member of the STEX Custodian and working on different restoration projects on behalf of non-anymore-active custom content creators.

A_1P

Awesome, it worked! Thank you so much!

This community is a real pleasure.

Tyberius06

Hi A_1P!

I found more timber fields. You need to install this:

BSC Farm Fields - CSX Vol01

- it gives you additinal timber fields with the following trees:
CSX Farm Field - Maple         0x0efc6f42    B5C00c07   Timber
CSX Farm Field - Oak            0x2efc6ebd    B5C00c07   Timber
CSX Farm Field - Noble Fir         0x8efc6e3e    B5C00c07   Timber

And here you will find some ploppable timber fields:

CSX Nature Fields Ploppable

I don't know if I will find more. As part of a bigger organizing project I'm going through most of the LEX collection. If I find something which relates to this topic I will add later.
But I think with these recent links you have a good start with those rewards.

- Tyberius