• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Sewage System

Started by thornyjohny, November 09, 2011, 05:52:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

thornyjohny

I'm not sure if this is the right place post to post this, but I noticed this in the description of SimGoober's Water Control Board:
QuoteAs it turns out, many of the properties Maxis assigned to the Water Processing Plant were either redundant, or completely useless. It appears that there was origonally going to be a sewage system in the game, but it was never implemented. So the processing plant is, in essence, nothing more than a building that removes water pollution within a defined area.
Could this unimplemented sewage system be developed, like the RHW was developed from the similarly unimplemented (unless I'm mistaken) dirt roads?

jdenm8

The problem with a sewer system is that if Maxis ever did begin to implement one, they only began to define the LOT properties. There's literally no accessible code for the network lying around (Like RULs) and it'd have to have very special properties, akin to the Power and Water networks which wouldn't have been implemented by release. Let alone that we don't know if those properties have hooks in the code to attach to and whether those hooks actually contain any usable code.
It may have been going to be finished for another expansion pack (Or maybe cut after concerns about complexity), but it isn't in Rush Hour.

Probably the biggest difference is that the files for the RHW (The RULs) are there and there are ranges in the Maxis IID tables for the RHW to go into (Which is where we're moving it to as part of Project 0E, the 0Exxxxxx IID range), whereas this Sewer System has nothing.

"We're making SimCity, not some dopey casual game." -Ocean Quigley

thornyjohny

OK, so there isn't any coding for the Sewer System?
I was thinking of making something like "The RSW: The RealSewerworks" ;D

mike3775

oh man I could just imagine my idiot sims I place in my cities to yell at me because their sewage system is backing up, when they already yell at me because they are to dumb to walk 2 tiles to a RTMT bus/subway stop to get to work, or to stupid to know how to get out of a one way loop road to hit the avenue to get to work