• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

[REL] TMIP Volume2 - UPDATE: RELEASED!

Started by fafalone, October 09, 2012, 10:25:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fafalone

Official Releases
Taxiway Marking Improvement Pack Volume 2

TMIP Volume 2 MMLs
-----------------------------------------------
So I'm working on an new pack for TMIP, with the goal of creating more detailed airports. What I've done first is lot some of the things from the AC pre-fab airports into modular addons for custom airports:

Those are available for the green tways, as well as light, dark, and apron.

And the props:

Also, I'm trying to expand the gate labels. My first ideas:

The things on the right is a definite go. But I'm having trouble with the gate numbering. What you see above is all one tile, so would obviously require a very large number of lots. The only modular way that doesn't seem too spaced out would need a 2 tile lead in:

Is that an acceptable trade off? Or would the larger number of lots be better (assuming an MML with the initial release)? Is there a better way to do it?

I'd like feedback from the community on that.

Also, I'd love to hear suggestions from the community as to what else should be included. (only caveat, I'm not going to try to replace the runways, I'll leave that to RMIP3).

Features (Updated 01/13/13)

-ARP Roads with the dark ramp base (ARIP may or may not be ready, might hold off till v3)
-Gate numbers on individual tiles on light and dark ramps (1-20)
-Terminal letters on individual tiles on light and dark ramps (A-H)
-Arrows on light and dark ramps (N,S,E,W,NW,SW,NE,SE)
-Common airport props on individual lots on light and dark ramps (baggage trolleys and vehicles on roads, some on ramps)
--Also a couple equipment yards
-Taxiway stop and hold points (as seen on the RMIP pre-fab runway entrances), for light, dark, green, and apron taxiways
-Diagonal vehicle boundary lines
-Diagonal AC Team terminal pieces on the dark ramp texture
-MMLs for each category since this is obviously going be a huge number of lots, even more than TMIP Vol 1

========================
4/26/2014 - Update
Hopefully one day I'll have the time to finish everything but in the mean time I've released a public alpha for those interested in using the parts that are near-done. This includes terminal letters, gate numbers, arrows, and lotted props on both light and dark base textures. Also, PLT's ARP Roads and ShadeSlayer's ARIP Roads done on the dark texture-- including the jetway over road piece on dark texture, and a version centered across 2 tiles for certain lots it doesn't line up with, on both light and dark base texture. Some of the terminal pieces (from the AC white/blue terminal set) on the dark pavement are included (see pic in later post), the ones that have substantial visible areas like the diagonals, round corners, and ends.
I'm also posting MMLs: Light Gates, Letters, and Arrows; and Dark Gates, Letters, and Arrows. These were also near-done so just needed a couple bug fixes and are now working; but none of the other MML sets have even been started. If I have time to work on them, the roads will be next.
Comments, questions, or bugs are welcomed in this thread.
FAF_TMIP_Vol2_Core_Rev1.dat needs to be installed for everything; FAF_TMIP2_Roads_Core.dat needs to be present if you're using either ARP or ARIP. Other than that, everything can be copied to your plugins folder as needed.
Note on dependencies: The original stuff these are based on needs to be installed. PLT/ARP, ARIP, RMIP. But you should have those already if you're into airport modding so much you're using TMIP. :) TMIP Volume 1 isn't explicitly required, but things like lead-outs aren't duplicated here.
For the props, install all the AC Mega Props, then SCAG prop packages:
SCAG Mega Dependency 1
SCAG Mega Dependency 2
Those cover almost everything. The rest is covered by the following:
BriPizza's ground handling props: Set A and Set B
The fire truck came with SNM Airport Crash Station, the prop pack is BSCBATProps RT SNM Vol01
I believe that covers everything. If not let me know.

Update Jan 2 2017
Went back and finished a number of lots that were close to done.

-New stuff:
Additional prop lots; a new small vehicle group, and 1x1's for a bunch of the tugs
Taxiway stop points, 2 types, each on apron, green, light, and dark textures
Vehicle boundary line extensions for the red/white dark texture lines adding some diagonal support, and for the white lines on the light tway to add diagonal support for both the centered and offset versions. The sets aren't complete, but there should be enough to create some new options.

Not yet done:
-Need to create new lots for all types of vehicle bounds
-Need to create MMLs for the other lots (the MML for the gates/letters/arrows will still work, as those lots were already done)
-May or may not create icons for some of the prop lots... the auto-generated ones were reasonably ok since they clearly show what's being added

Update Jan 8 2017
New stuff:
-Added missing vehicle boundaries for single white line on light taxiway (offset to diagonal left-to-left and right-to-right)
-All updates and bugfixes recently uploaded

To do:
-Possible other permutations of double-line taxiways on dark taxiway?
-Other MMLs? Please provide feedback if I should make other MMLs and what should be covered in one

Update Jan 14 2017
This should be the last test version before a major release, as all principle features are complete.

-New dark ramp vehicle bounds- offset red/white to diagonal left-to-left and right-to-right.
-Bug fixes

RELEASE - Jan 28, 2017

No problems were reported with RC1, so I've gone ahead and officially released TMIP2 and the MML Set, complete with installers and readmes.

Taxiway Marking Improvement Pack Volume 2

TMIP Volume 2 MMLs

krbe

Good to see some expansion of the markings. I don't think there should be a lead-in on the tile number -- they're already available at the same one-tile depth, and some airports omit them (see e.g. Copenhagen or Prague airports.

fafalone

So, work on this project is ongoing. I have not disappeared again.

Here's a new teaser pic.

This shows quite a few of the features that are very near completion:

-Dark roads: both ARP and ARIP, which integrate with the red/white vehicle boundaries and dark taxiways
-The jetway bridge over road, including a version that's centered between 2 tiles since the original doesn't always line up properly
-Terminal letters
-Arrows
(the letters and arrows are separate, so can be used with the numbers too)
-Gate numbering
-Various airport props lotted, the picture shows several styles of baggage carts and a catering truck, but there will be several others too

M4346

This would make a great addition to realistic in-game custom airports :thumbsup:
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

figui

wow, i missed this thread before. looks very promising, looking forward for its release :thumbsup:
in the meantime, i´ll follow your work on this addon for TMIP and try to share some feedback
first forums inhabitant from Uruguay..   first forums citizen from Uruguay..  first forums councilman from Uruguay..   first forums mayor from Uruguay..  first forums governor from Uruguay..
...i'm still the only one from Uruguay!

________

fafalone

Thinking about including these in the release...

(Diagonal terminal pieces changed to the dark texture to blend in with the gates)

And always remember MMLs will definitely come with it at the initial release!

fafalone

Well I always hate when nobody gives updates... so well I still can't promise a timetable I will show you guys this:

I had to make this to keep track of it all myself, so thought I'd share since it shows where I'm at and the final decisions on what's being included. Got quite a bit done in the past week. But the upcoming things are the slowest. Most of those vehicle boundaries require all new textures, and MMLs are a real pain but really needed.

I split off a couple things; a dark conversion of ARIP and attaching RMIP2 taxiways to RMIP1 concrete wide runways will wait until after this is complete. Although I will include the terminal to airbridge over road piece on a dark road (not listed, just remembered, it's nearly done tho).

figui

now that´s a long list  :o

completion of both this and the rmip3 projects will force us to redo all of our airports.. that´s great  :thumbsup:
first forums inhabitant from Uruguay..   first forums citizen from Uruguay..  first forums councilman from Uruguay..   first forums mayor from Uruguay..  first forums governor from Uruguay..
...i'm still the only one from Uruguay!

________

[Delta ²k5]

&apls simply fantastic...

Do you also plan adjusted jetway connection pieces / adjusted LOT's for the A380 gates? (I made some by myself but I like when a pack just fits together)
Nevermind. Found my answer already:
QuoteThe jetway bridge over road, including a version that's centered between 2 tiles since the original doesn't always line up properly

Well... what we now really need are the larger runways :D

dossenaandrea

fafalone

Well, I do want to finish this some day. In the mean time, I'll post a few things.

These are a few of the things that are at least somewhat close to release quality.

PLT's ARP on Dark Textures - These are basically release quality. New icons.
ShadeSlayer's ARIP on Dark Textures - Don't have new icons, but I did change the descriptions so you know before plopping, and the TGI info so it doesn't conflict with the original.
Terminal Letters / Gate Numbers / Arrows - Near production quality. But no MML and it's quite a large set. They're not packed together though, so you can choose what you need.
Misc Props - Same as last

Unfortunately I haven't really made much progress on anything else, including the other projects like the variable height terminal pieces.

Understand this is an Alpha Release. Even the things that are near production quality have not been thoroughly tested. Everything is provided as-is, do not expect a complete LEX-quality package. There might be some bugs; for that or any other issue you can e-mail me through the link in my profile, I don't know when I'll check back in here.

FAF_TMIP_Vol2_Alpha1_Rev1.zip
link deleted, new version out, see updated first post

FAF_TMIP_Vol2_Core_Rev1.dat needs to be installed for everything; FAF_TMIP2_Roads_Core.dat needs to be present if you're using either ARP or ARIP. Other than that, everything can be copied to your plugins folder as needed.
See first post for discussion on dependencies.

omer584

Quote from: fafalone on April 25, 2014, 02:47:14 PM
Well, I do want to finish this some day. In the mean time, I'll post a few things.

These are a few of the things that are at least somewhat close to release quality.

ShadeSlayer's ARIP on Dark Textures - Don't have new icons, but I did change the descriptions so you know before plopping, and the TGI info so it doesn't conflict with the original.
Terminal Letters / Gate Numbers / Arrows - Near production quality. But no MML and it's quite a large set. They're not packed together though, so you can choose what you need.
Misc Props - Same as last

Unfortunately I haven't really made much progress on anything else, including the other projects like the variable height terminal pieces.

Understand this is an Alpha Release. Even the things that are near production quality have not been thoroughly tested. Everything is provided as-is, do not expect a complete LEX-quality package. There might be some bugs; for that or any other issue you can e-mail me through the link in my profile, I don't know when I'll check back in here.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/d693r7gmld45ntw/FAF_TMIP_Vol2_Alpha1.zip

FAF_TMIP_Vol2_Core.dat needs to be installed for everything; FAF_TMIP2_Roads_Core.dat needs to be present if you're using either ARP or ARIP. Other than that, everything can be copied to your plugins folder as needed.
Note on dependencies: The original stuff these are based on needs to be installed. PLT/ARP, ARIP, RMIP. But you should have those already if you're into airport modding so much you're using TMIP. :)

Thank you so much I was waiting a charitable person to make this. I just tested them and I saw only 2 problems;

1. Vehicles on roads (stair truck, baggage car, yellow firetruck and hose truck) are not visible. The reason of this problem might be dependencities so this is not a big or important problem.
2. On the other hand I found a bug that crashes game. When I go down on Airport menu and when I come Dark Gate Arrows and Dark Gate Numbers; game crashes. After that I removed Dark Gate Arrows and Dark Gate Numbers from plugins and tested again, it worked perfectly. With light texture ones does not have any problem. They look great and very useful.

fafalone

Those props come from another package. Try SCAG prop packages and http://www.bripizza.net/sc4/2011B747-400LCF/GroundHandling.html

As far as the crashing... replace the core file with this one. It solves some of the crashing. There's still a mystery lot that's messing up the icons and crashing on plop. I'll try to track that down later. But at least most of the lots can be plopped and the it doesn't crash just from scrolling over them. What happened was that somehow the lots pointed to the wrong query file, fixing that seemed to help. But hey, that's why this was never released. Not done.

But hey, at least I feel better since to even go see what you were talking about I had to restore the SC4 exe from the CD since the latest NAM release did something to the EXE that made SC4 entirely unloadable (crashed instantly after click the icon).

Edit: I really don't understand how it could have happened. I test plopped all the lots, and sometime between then and them being put into the 'done' folder, a bunch of stuff got messed up. TGI numbers changed, LTEXT files became flat out corrupted (showing UNKNOWN instead of LTEXT). That's what's causing the crashes. I'm fixing it now, I'll put it back up later tonight.
The alpha release posted above has been fixed. Please re-download.
A few files, randomly it seems, had TGI changes, LTEXT files get corrupt, and PNG files get corrupt. How, I'll never know. But a number of corrupt files have been fixed and I test plopped again everything in dark gates and arrows, and they're working now as far as I can tell. Please report any other bugs or issues.
(link deleted, new version out, see updated first post)
See the first post in this thread for info and links on dependencies.

omer584

Again thank you soo much I tested them and looks like there is no problem or glitch at Darp Arrow and Numbers.

NOW THEN. I can start construction of my newest airport which has 4 runways and which will have 2 passenger and 1 cargo terminals. Ohh and also there will be a city around it.

omer584

fafalone

So it's been a long time. I quit playing SC4 for a long time after being extremely disappointed in the leaders of this community. It really just killed my love of the game to be told that if somebody publicly released for free something then disappeared and the site expired, that not only was it illegal (doubtful), but so wrong that even asking who might have these abandoned works was grounds for being banned from here. It really upset me as a creator that the leaders of one of the few sites left would enforce such an immoral distribution ban by preventing members from sharing unmodified, fully attributed backups on their own (i.e. not talking about publishing on the LEX).
Edit: I've been informed the policy regarding abandoned works has since evolved to be more accomodating of preservation. It was very pleasing to hear of that development, and the above comment reflects my feelings about the situation that existed when I left years ago, and not the current one.

But anyway, I've been playing a bit recently and wanted to post some more of this project. A good number of the lots were very close to completion, just needing some modding in reader. So what was close to done I finished up.

In this release:
-All the content from the first release:
Terminal Gates, Terminal Letters, and Arrows, for both light and dark taxiways
ShadeSlayer's ARIP on Dark Textures
Terminal buildings on dark textures
Prop lots for airport equipment

-New stuff:
Additional prop lots; a new small vehicle group, and 1x1's for a bunch of the tugs
Taxiway stop points, 2 types, each on apron, green, light, and dark textures
Vehicle boundary line extensions for the red/white dark texture lines adding some diagonal support, and for the white lines on the light tway to add diagonal support for both the centered and offset versions. The sets aren't complete, but there should be enough to create some new options.

Not yet done:
-Need to create new lots for all types of vehicle bounds
-Need to create MMLs for the other lots (the MML for the gates/letters/arrows will still work, as those lots were already done)
-May or may not create icons for some of the prop lots... the auto-generated ones were reasonably ok since they clearly show what's being added

Edit: Link to old version deleted, see first post for the current version of this project.

Seaman

omg, that's a delayed christmas present, that's what it is!  :bnn:

I've stumbled across the TIMP2 alpha just a couple of months ago and since then it has been extremly useful!
And since most of the aircraft related content creators seem to be inactive for quite a while now, this update hits me quite unexpected :)

Can't wait to look into it.

I just have to take the oportunity: fafalone, maybe you can look into this and add your ideas. Any help would be appreciated. Your addition of diagonal vehicle boundary lines encourages me even more...

fafalone

Replied to that thread and sent you a PM Seaman.

--------------------------------------

I forgot to include the ARIP dark version in the release; updated now.
It looks like I forgot to include it the first alpha revision too, but in the very original alpha it was there so I think it's game-ready.

FAF_TMIP_Vol2_Alpha3b.zip

woodb3kmaster

It's a real pleasure to see this project alive and kicking again! With so many airport-related content creators MIA, breathing some life into TMIP2 is exactly what the community needs. I look forward to seeing more progress.

Speaking of revived projects, I wonder whether you've ever thought about making a wide runway set. With Voltaire and the other AC Team members gone, nobody really made any headway on that until almost a year ago, when this project got started, only to be left behind. I tried my hand at a similar project inspired by that one, but ran into some technical issues that I still haven't been able to resolve. If you'd be interested in collaborating to make wide runways an SC4 reality, I'd love to know.

Feel brand new. Be inspired.
NYHAVEN - VIEWS FROM WITHIN
Nuclear City - 5/8

fafalone

Is this the one you were working on?

The set I have doesn't have its own side edge pieces, note where the double-line is? Those are sidings from one of the RMIPs and seem to work perfectly though. The pic in your linked thread looks even more complete than that with the diagonal connectors.

What's the problem? That minor center line issue? It's barely even noticable. But I'd certainly help resolve it... why start from scratch?
Also, while I definitely like yours better even with the center line flaw, the RMIP diagonal exits work too; I checked and they work the same as the sidings, the half-center line is 100% invisible and the texture matches perfect:

I'd use those, but would love it if you sent me yours even if their current state.

I'd really like to see one with the light concrete texture though. I had initially tried to update the textures on the existing wide runways in light concrete to match the RMIP style, but couldn't get things to fit right.
But this is exactly why I do things like release preview versions that aren't complete. Gwail's RMIP-3 was totally usable, but is now likely gone forever. Even things that aren't publicly usable... things from me and my group I send to anyone who wants what they see in a teaser pic, because I've never met someone that wouldn't want a buggy, incomplete lot instead of an abandoned project that nobody can pick up on.