• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

SC4Devotion LEX Updates - Now on HTTPS

Started by CasperVg, January 15, 2013, 02:45:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CasperVg

Quote from: APSMS on September 01, 2013, 04:03:42 PM
I'm using Firefox, and I noticed that whenever I use Power Search and click on a file in the search, that when I go back the power search resets, so that I have to reselect my parameters before it will show me the lots again. With the old PS it was ok, because if it happened (usually intermittently) the files were paged, so I could go back to the page that I was on, but with the fancy infinite scrolling update, I imagine this will be really troublesome if it isn't fixed (or if I don't find a way to fix it).

I believe (at least for me - and I'm using Firefox too) that just using the Back button in your browser brings you back to the search results, exactly in the spot you were before you pressed the More Info button.

QuoteAlso, whenever I did a search before, the results page would always tell me if I had downloaded a file/BAT/LOT, but now I have to click on the file before it will tell me the download status of the file. I'd really like it if you could restore that functionality, as it was handy to see at a glance.

Heh, I didn't even realize that feature was available before. I'll restore it ASAP.

Finally, while the frame is nice, it takes up a lot of screen real estate, and since I do not have a very hi-res screen (1366x768), it'd be nice to have the option to minimize the frames (like in the main forum) when I need to so that I can not have to scroll so much. If that's possible.
There shouldn't be any frames anymore. If you are still seeing the black left and top frames - please clear your browser cache and do a clean login.
Follow my SimCity 4 Let's play on YouTube

APSMS

Quote from: CasperVg on September 01, 2013, 10:35:46 PM
I believe (at least for me - and I'm using Firefox too) that just using the Back button in your browser brings you back to the search results, exactly in the spot you were before you pressed the More Info button.
Well, it's still a little hit or miss for me, but I noticed that it happens less often (I've cleared my browser cache--it was at 350MB!) if I actually use the back button instead of the hotkey on my mouse or keyboard. It worked often enough for me stop complaining about it. Hope no one else has this issue.

There shouldn't be any frames anymore. If you are still seeing the black left and top frames - please clear your browser cache and do a clean login.

And so they are [gone!]. Hadn't realized it was on my end. Looks incredibly clean. I think I actually like these design changes (unlike how Google switched up my Gmail inbox ;))

EDIT: I see what I was doing. I was bypassing login (or rather, avoiding logging in every time) by going directly to the URL of the main LEX page pre-update (...cslex/fr_main) but it's changed now to cslex/LEX_main.htm instead. I'll have to remember that.
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

My Mayor Diary San Diego: A Reinterpretation

CasperVg

Quote from: CasperVg on September 01, 2013, 10:35:46 PM
QuoteAlso, whenever I did a search before, the results page would always tell me if I had downloaded a file/BAT/LOT, but now I have to click on the file before it will tell me the download status of the file. I'd really like it if you could restore that functionality, as it was handy to see at a glance.

Heh, I didn't even realize that feature was available before. I'll restore it ASAP.

And it's back!

Also changed the old main page to display an alert asking people to update their bookmarks/saved links to get rid of the frames.

xannepan

Just tried to upload files to the prilex for scutineering. I get an error message

"
Please fix the following problems before we can proceed with the upload:
C:\fakepath\JENXAIRPORTRentalCar.zip contains invalid characters. Please limit it to alphanumeric
C:\fakepath\JENXAIRPORTRentalCar.jpg contains invalid characters. Please limit it to alphanumeric
"

What's wrong?

JoeST

could be special characters in 'fakepath', try from a different path?

.... wait, never mind, that should totally not effect it >< could be the file name is too long? I doubt it tho .... sorry
Copperminds and Cuddleswarms

CasperVg

Clear your cache and try again. It appears some browsers return the entire path when I request the file name (which causes problems in the alphanumeric checker) while others only return the actual filename (which works fine). I've made it less strict now.

BarbyW

I am finding a problem with filtering "My Files" from the sidebar. I am getting vortext's files shown first. In fact I am getting all the latest uploads ::)
Inside every old person is a young person wondering what happened. TP

Barbypedia: More alive than the original

vester

You are still in the old interface ?

Having a problem with the edit interface. The sidebar is showing up first, then under it, the rest comes.
(the same if the window is maximized).

So what happens if someone is doing a mega prop pack ?
Would you then luck the files that goes into and place a referring numbers to the new package file ?

CasperVg

@Vester: Navbar should be working in the Edit window now. The rest of it's layout looks horrible now, but it's next on my list to be updated to the new markup.
If you upload a Mega Prop Pack, you should lock the packs it replaces and place a the new lotID in the "Superceded by" section of the Edit window of the old packs. All lots that had the old packs as a dependency will then be automatically updated to point to the new mega prop pack.

@BarbyW: Seems to work for me. Are you accessing it from here?

BarbyW

Cleared my cache and logged in again and everything is now fine.

xannepan

Yep... but I already have a new problem. I tried to edit my file for a second time, which produced errors. First time edit (this morning) worked fine.

[XTemplate]•[] (templates/lex_edit_lot.html) does not exist

•parse: blockname [main.catsel] does not exist

•parse: blockname [main.typesel] does not exist

•parse: blockname [main.admintools.maxissel] does not exist

•parse: blockname [main] does not exist

CasperVg

Should be working now. I had a typo in the filename of the HTML page

vester

Update the files just to see if that worked.

In the dep. tracker I get this
Warning: mysql_fetch_object(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /home/jeronij/public_html/csxlex/lex_deptracker.php on line 226

Lot with ID does not exist! This is probably a mistake made by the author. Please report this to the administration.

The old dependency is shown as with a link to the file:
BSC Texture Pack VDK Vol 01 [S]

The status is still showing a green icon, should it be red or some other color than green, yellow and red. Orange maybe ?

Click on that link you get this:
Warning: mysql_fetch_object(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /home/jeronij/public_html/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php on line 396
One or more errors occurred while processing your request..

Unknown column '638$' in 'where clause'
File has been moved, or removed. Please visit the main site ...

CasperVg

For the VDK San Andreas dependencies, you added an additional "$" at the end. You used "1180$", but it has to be "1180". Think of the dollar signs as commas (but without whitespace).
For the VDK Lindevang Station dependencies, you added an additional "$" at the end and used spaces in between. You used "475$ 746$ 90$ 334$" but it has to be "475$746$90$334"

For the BSC Texture Pack VDK Vol 01 superceded by, you added an additional "$" at the end. In this case, no dollar signs are needed, since a file can only be superceded by one other file.

JoeST

Casper, could you get away with using a regex to match the ID's? (\d+)(:?.+?(\d+))* would match one or more groups of digits (ID's) separated by anything.
Copperminds and Cuddleswarms

vester

Quote from: CasperVg on September 03, 2013, 10:18:24 AM
..., you added an additional "$" at the end. In this case, no dollar signs are needed, since a file can only be superceded by one other file.

ahhh, now I get it. The $-sign is a separator. Hadn't got that part.
Sorry forgot state which file it was, but that got you to check other files too.

Okay playing around with the File Type and Category.
Got two files both Realistic and Mods - Transport

One shows this one:

(Train Mods Vol 06)

The other shows this one:

(Train Mods Vol 7)

When editing the files the LEX Exclusive keeps been set to No, even there are Yes before hand.
The San Andreas and the Swan Mill Tramdepot I can't change it to LEX Exclusive, even the edit text says Yes, it turns out not to be it.

Seems like one file is missing from exchange.
The file is missing from the list My files. Its still on the exchange: GLR Train Mods Vol 2.

CasperVg

Quote from: vester on September 03, 2013, 10:59:54 AM
Okay playing around with the File Type and Category.
Got two files both Realistic and Mods - Transport

One shows this one:

(Train Mods Vol 06)

The other shows this one:

(Train Mods Vol 7)

Yes, that is normal. The LEX uses a seperate category system for the banners, that can only be set (and edited) by administrators. This is why new uploads always have the "empty" banner at first - basically it needs an admin to assign that category manually. I'm not entirely sure why it was designed that way. Perhaps Barby can shed some light on the reason?

QuoteWhen editing the files the LEX Exclusive keeps been set to No, even there are Yes before hand.
The San Andreas and the Swan Mill Tramdepot I can't change it to LEX Exclusive, even the edit text says Yes, it turns out not to be it.
I'll check that out. Sounds like a small mistake on my part.

Seems like one file is missing from exchange.
The file is missing from the list My files. Its still on the exchange: GLR Train Mods Vol 2.
Weird, it's showing up when I do an Advanced Search on your username, and that page uses the exact same search logic as the My Files button. It's all the way to the bottom though (since it was the first file you uploaded to the LEX).

BarbyW

Quote from: CasperVg on September 04, 2013, 04:32:27 AM

Yes, that is normal. The LEX uses a seperate category system for the banners, that can only be set (and edited) by administrators. This is why new uploads always have the "empty" banner at first - basically it needs an admin to assign that category manually. I'm not entirely sure why it was designed that way. Perhaps Barby can shed some light on the reason?

I wish I could explain why but that is something that Colyn and Werner did right at the start. I have no idea why they did that but i may be as well to keep it so that Admins have to check new uploads.

evarburg

just timidly inching in, guys : the new page asks my username & password, which of course I have long since forgotten and lost in many computer shuffles; I asked to reinitialize and was told an e-mail would be sent ; that was this morning -- a decade as far as theinternet is concerned. But no e-mail. Catty (who gave me this link) tells me there are three separate domains here ; apparently I can still go on the Exchange (which is mostly what I want/need: moar stuff at my disposal !!!!) but I would like to be able to go everywhere. Are (horror) THREE different usernames/passwords necessary ? I'll have to get them tattoed on my hands, then...

And while I'm at it : a feature I found immensely useful in the ancient get-up was the power search with the names of all the batlotters. Will that still be there after The Update ?

ANyway thanks for your dedication and work !

jaredh

I'm experiencing a problem with the new LEX while using Google Chrome.  I do not experience it with the latest Firefox (at work) or IE (on the computer with Chrome)

When I choose any category and scroll down to the end of the first set of items, in Firefox it automatically loads more.  In Chrome it doesn't do squat.   I can't see anything that would stop this from working on my end.  I disabled adblock for the LEX and that didn't fix it.  It simply doesn't activate the scripting to load more items in Chrome.

Just an FYI.