• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

SC4Devotion LEX Updates - Now on HTTPS

Started by CasperVg, January 15, 2013, 02:45:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NCGAIO

How it works fine for me (Version 29.0.1547.66 m) I suggest that if you are using scroll wheel to then reach exactly the end of the page.

If not exactly the end then it really does not carry more results.

jaredh

The page I am using as a reference is the newly updated, which will scroll all the way back to 2007 if you have the patience.

catty

Quote from: evarburg on September 04, 2013, 06:06:36 PM
... Are (horror) THREE different usernames/passwords necessary ? I'll have to get them tattoed on my hands, then...

Hello again

I'm not sure what the situation is if you already have set up your separate accounts on the forums and the LEX (you only need to set up an account on the Wiki if you are planning on being an Editor on it), we do recommend to new users that they use the same usernames and passwords on each account as it makes it easier to remember them if they are all the same

... so here you are evarburg did you use the same username on the LEX or is it something else there?

-catty
I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?" DEATH thought about it. "CATS," he said eventually, "CATS ARE NICE.

themaroonday

Seems interesting, the recent LEX update was helpful and made navigation easy. I hope these updates do the same.
--Themaroonday

CasperVg

@evarburg: there are currently three (LEX, wiki, forums) login systems, that is correct. However, you'll probably only need 2 (forums, LEX) and nothing prevents you from using the same credentials - so that you only need to remember one. It's a long term goal to integrate the login/accounts of the LEX and these forums - so that only one account will be required in the future. However there is a lot of technicalities to figure out before we can achieve that.

@jaredh: that's really strange - I've tested it myself in Chrome and everything worked well - and NCGAIO didn't have any problems either. Are you sure you have nothing that blocks Javascript execution on Chrome?

@themaroonday: thanks! Making the LEX more intuitive to use is one of the main goals of the update process :)
Follow my SimCity 4 Let's play on YouTube

jaredh

Casper I figured it out.

Adblock thinks your script that adds new items is an ad.  Disabling Adblock makes it work.

I repeated it on 3 computers....so its definitely the way Adblock interacts with the site.  I don't know if there is anything you can do about it beyond letting people know to disable it on the LEX.

jh

Kitsune

I have an interesting problem - I have to login into the lex each time I visit. It appears the cookie is being set to expire at the same moment I login to the lex.
~ NAM Team Member

vester

CasperVg

Working on something small - will be applied to all the description boxes (upload, edit) once I figure out some small issues and have made sure that it's secure.

WYSIWYG (what you see is what you get) editing. While it doesn't really implement any new functionality per se (everything could be achieved by manually using HTML markup in the description), it does make laying out your descriptions a lot easier.

Girafe

A bug from the "my files menu".

If I check all my files, EDF tower doesn't appear, if I don't a more precise research with my LOTs & BATs, it appears  &Thk/(

So it means that the button All my files doesn't show everything  &sly
The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    * 

CasperVg

QuoteSo it means that the button All my files doesn't show everything  &sly

So, yes. You're right - something's not working. But, really, is such a "annoyed" smiley needed? Do I need to remind you that I'm doing this all in spare time, for no pay at all and am working really hard at fixing up the LEX, updating the LEX and improving the LEX - all at the same time? I can't possibly fix everything at once. Not to mention that the "My Files" page is a really minor feature that is easily overcome by using the Power Search..   ::)

Anyhow - I believe it's fixed now. You might need to clear cache and reload the page for it to work though.

Girafe

There was nothing bad in my words and in the smiley. I just use it because I was not sure about the fact: why it doesn't work and even more if this problem was not coming from my side so it only shows this and nothing else... 

I know you are doing this on your free time and everybody here thank you for this.
The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    * 

APSMS

I believe the old LEX had a button that allowed you to add files to your download list if you had perchance downloaded them off of another website (like the STEX or TSC) and wanted the LEX to keep track for you. I can't find that button in the new version. Could we have it back please? I have some files from mattb325 and SimGoober that are available at both places, but I found and downloaded them from the STEX first and would like to avoid having to fake download them (click the DL button and then cancel the dialog) in order to get them to show on my account.

Thanks; I like the new layout. Some of the changes take getting used to, but I think these are actually valuable changes (unlike some recent Google updates with a similar feel). A WYSIWYG editor (even if just for the LEX) should make things easier; I might be trying that LEX upload policy out sometime soon, too, so thanks for giving us all a chance to submit our best stuff [easily].
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

My Mayor Diary San Diego: A Reinterpretation

Pat

:thumbsup: &apls &apls    &apls :thumbsup:
First off Casper wonderful job here on the new LEX!!!

OK now I have noticed I am having some issues though with browser support, FireFox doesn't like to display LEX at all, Opera can DL but nothing happens, then get error to many DL's, Chrome same issue as Opera... I to have noticed that I have to log in each time in visiting the LEX or switching browsers...

But what I dont get is that when I do log on FF it validates my creditanels no problem... then I get that screen....

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

CasperVg

Made some small changes today:

- Visiting the splash screen (sc4devotion.com/csxlex/ sc4devotion.com/csxlex/index.htm or sc4devotion.com/csxlex/Default.htm) will automatically redirect you to the index page (3 latest lots, etc.) if it detects that you're already logged in
- Changed some other login-related stuff to make the above possible.
- Being logged in is no longer necessary to view the index page

NOTE: Enabling Javascript and Cookies is necessary for the LEX to function. If you run into problems, check that both Cookies and Javascript are enabled in your browser! If that is the case, clear your cache files and do a clean login from this page: http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/

Girafe

changements work fine for me  ;)

Could you change the title of a file which is locked, because when an upload is locked it's written LEX certified, ty

The Floraler

xannepan

Goodmorning.
Just found an issue with the BSClex.When I click on my latest uploads I get an error message.

Warning: mysql_fetch_object(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /home/jeronij/public_html/bsclex/lex_filedesc.php on line 461

Warning: mysql_fetch_object(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /home/jeronij/public_html/bsclex/lex_filedesc.php on line 465

Warning: mysql_fetch_object(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /home/jeronij/public_html/bsclex/lex_filedesc.php on line 469

Warning: mysql_fetch_object(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /home/jeronij/public_html/bsclex/lex_filedesc.php on line 640

Warning: mysql_num_rows(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /home/jeronij/public_html/bsclex/lex_filedesc.php on line 662

tdc

Nice work on the LEX redesign. Just a heads up, the site isn't sharing cookies with subdomains, which means when you login with www.sc4devotion.com and then follow a link to sc4devotion.com (no www), or the other way around, the browser doesn't carry the cookies across and the site makes you log in again. Basically the host of the cookies should be changed to ".sc4devotion.com".

Girafe

Could you add vnaoned to author / creator approved list. ;)

Thanks in advance
The Floraler

BarbyW

Inside every old person is a young person wondering what happened. TP

Barbypedia: More alive than the original