• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

daily download quota

Started by Tilarium, October 03, 2013, 11:57:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tilarium

While I'm sure there was a very good reason for implementing a daily download limit, just want to go on record as saying I'm not a fan of it.  The hard drive with most of my files crashed and died and I have to re-download everything.  Now I'm stuck waiting until tomorrow to continue :( Granted I'm around 1/3 to 1/2 done

BarbyW

The quota has been implemented to stop people downloading files over and over again - not once or twice but 100s of times.

Sorry you had the HD problem. I have had that happen too but made sure I had a back up copy of all my files on an external drive and DVD.
Inside every old person is a young person wondering what happened. TP

Barbypedia: More alive than the original

threestooges

I'm going through the process of restoring my HD at the moment as well. It can be a pain, but having seen the abuse the system had taken before, this was the best way to address it.

On the plus side though, it's allowed/forced me to take it slow at first, so any conflicts/missing plugins are easier to address.
-Matt

noahclem

Matt makes a very good point. Building a plugins folder isn't really fun or glamorous but doing it right saves a lot of headaches later and is really worth the time. It is too bad that people abusing the LEX forced us to go this route but I imagine you'd be surprised at just how much bandwidth a small amount of users burned through before current limits. Anyway, good luck and have fun  :thumbsup: