• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

MMPs with effects?

Started by xannepan, November 24, 2013, 10:36:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

xannepan

Has anyone ever been able to, or know it is (im)possible to create an MMP with an effect (property) instead of a RKT model?

xannepan

Anyone? What I am trying to figure out is if it is possible to have an flora or prop exemplar point to another exemplar instead of to the model RKT. I could then have effect based MMPs which would open up new mods, such a terrain paint, geysers, streams and waterfalls, sparkles etc etc without having to plop a lot.

vortext

Well, flora already points to other flora exemplars via the Cluster Type property, which simply uses the exemplar ID. So you could try to point it to a effects exemplar instead, maybe it'd become somesort of two-staged plop: first a blank flora item and then click through to acces the effect. . ? %confuso
time flies like a bird
fruit flies like a banana

xannepan

Unfortunately the cluster type can only point to an exemplar of type "flora".... not "prop"  :(

NCGAIO

"$Deal"$  - http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=15218.0

... Had also seen something elsewhere but I will have to look at old archives to remember where it was.

The problem is time for this !

luoruidong

eh.... I have an idea......Maybe you can link effects to S3D file's REGP part , and simplely use a RKT ()what()
But...I do not know, I have not tried...

xannepan

Now that's a great suggestion. It's a part of modding i have never touched upon before, but i will certainly try!
Thanks!

Alex

gn_leugim

I tried once with both animations and effects (the destructive ones from gizmo) but did not work. but I only changed the RKT to match the one I would found in LE for instance.

xannepan

Okay. I created a quick script to edit the s3d file and I have added a custom effect to it. It unfortunately doesn't show up.

At least not yet.... I am still trying to figure out if the FX_00 prefix to the effect is defined perhaps somewhere else...

On the other hand if I let an existing MMP RKT point to an existing ingame s3d model with an effect also here the effect doesn't show up... so I am not really hopelful :(

-Alex