• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

NAM 32 Pre-Release -- Discussion, Support, and Bug Report Thread

Started by The NAM Team, December 18, 2013, 06:18:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tarkus

Quote from: titanicbuff on December 20, 2013, 03:45:39 PM
quick change ramps appear to not work for me-

See the Quick Fixes thread.  There's an interim fix for the Parclo Inner Loop one there.

-Alex

Kuewr665

A few more...

added as issue #180 ~ memo

The bottom tile of the Avenue height transitions are missing paths. Also the center tile of the L0-L2 transition is missing paths too. However it is fine for L1-L2.

added as issue #182 ~ memo

No OWR height transitions (L0 -> L1, L1 -> L2, L0 -> L2) work.

added as issue #181 ~ memo

The RHW-2 L0 bus only lot does not have paths at all. This should only affect automata.

A Nonny Moose

Quote from: z on December 20, 2013, 12:53:05 PM
Quote from: A Nonny Moose on December 20, 2013, 09:57:26 AM
Compiler for the network controller failed even though Java is installed on both Program Files and Program Files (x86) directories in my wine prefix.  Suspect something else is missing, and will investigate and report further.  Meanwhile, wine users should not be surprised.

You mentioned elsewhere that batch files need to have their executable bit set for Wine; this didn't get done before the release.  Is your executable bit set on that file?

<snip>

Quote from: A Nonny Moose on December 20, 2013, 11:54:42 AM
In the first beta I miss the option to select the alternate traffic display.  Please direct me, or tell me that it is missing for some reason.

It's now under "Real Highway Options".

<snip>

Thanks for the quick reply.

Setting execute bit didn't do it.  Must be something else.

I am not talking about the Region display.  The one that is missing is the second set up for the traffic congestion display that is supposed to be a more fine grained traffic flow display.  Turned on the one you mentioned.  Is the alternate traffic flow display dependent on it?

My Canada includes Quebec

Kuewr665

Quote from: Swordmaster on December 20, 2013, 10:02:04 AM
The ramps are very unrealistic pieces. They're only accidentally converted because they use the same textures as the straight pieces. I didn't deactivate them, but may do so in the future for the same reason the Y-stack has been deactivated (in the "wide radius curves" tab ring). But only after viaduct rail is properly supported (currently it's mostly placeholder).

I do agree the ramps are very unrealistic. However, will they be replaced by longer ramps? Or do we have to build earthen ramps and use on-slope pieces instead?

z

Quote from: A Nonny Moose on December 20, 2013, 04:53:39 PM
Quote from: z on December 20, 2013, 12:53:05 PM
Quote from: A Nonny Moose on December 20, 2013, 11:54:42 AM
In the first beta I miss the option to select the alternate traffic display.  Please direct me, or tell me that it is missing for some reason.

It's now under "Real Highway Options".

<snip>
I am not talking about the Region display.  The one that is missing is the second set up for the traffic congestion display that is supposed to be a more fine grained traffic flow display.  Turned on the one you mentioned.  Is the alternate traffic flow display dependent on it?

Nothing is dependent on the Region display; I misunderstood what you were referring to.  But I don't know what you mean by "the second set up for the traffic congestion display", as there is only one traffic congestion display, and always has been.  There's the NAM traffic volume display, which has been around for years, and looks somewhat similar; is that what you're referring to?  It's always on; there's no option for it.

Geometry123

Another bug.

The SPUI QuickChange piece is 'wasak na wasak'. D:

You will never know when will the next NAM be released. Only time teasing will tell. :P

"We're making SimCity, not some dopey casual game"
                                                 -Ocean Quigley

Kuewr665

Geometry123

Ah well, I'm still used to building FlexSPUIs, old skool style! :D

A couple more:

I am not allowed to make OWR intersections with the El-Rail over Avenue/RD-4 networks. It says 'Unsuitable area to build network'.

And this is not a really bug, but it would be nice if we are able to intersection NWM networks with the El-Rail over Avenue/RD-4 other than the RD-6 and RD-4 networks in the final release of NAM 32. ;D

You will never know when will the next NAM be released. Only time teasing will tell. :P

"We're making SimCity, not some dopey casual game"
                                                 -Ocean Quigley

Wiimeiser

I ran a few quick tests with the MIS instability on the two-level Flex Transition, and AFAIK it seems to happen due to the game reading the original pre-P57 RULs, likely due to the FlexFly, although I cannot determine if it's affected by other pieces as well. It also only seems to affect the variation where the traffic ascends in LHD.
Pink horse, pink horse, she rides across the nation...

Apple Delight

This El-Rail looks like it should connect to the el-rail over ave/rd-4, but it isn't. Is this functionality ready or planned for the future?

jdenm8

Quote from: Geometry123 on December 20, 2013, 07:28:18 PM
I am not allowed to make OWR intersections with the El-Rail over Avenue/RD-4 networks. It says 'Unsuitable area to build network'.

OWR intersections could not be natively supported. There are instructions on how to do it by overriding a Road intersection, but I don't have the time to find them at the moment.

Quote from: Geometry123 on December 20, 2013, 07:28:18 PM
And this is not a really bug, but it would be nice if we are able to intersection NWM networks with the El-Rail over Avenue/RD-4 other than the RD-6 and RD-4 networks in the final release of NAM 32. ;D

That functionality will probably come eventually, but is currently unsupported and therefore not a bug.

"We're making SimCity, not some dopey casual game." -Ocean Quigley

titanicbuff

I have struck an iceberg and Sank
Titanicbuff
Visit my website at: http://simcitybuffs.icyboards.net/
RTMT Team Member
NAM Associate

z

Quote from: titanicbuff on December 20, 2013, 10:44:07 PM
why are things getting installed I didn't select?

Could you be more specific, please?  Did you use the custom installation?  Did you use the standard complete installation at some point?  And what things were installed that you didn't select?

Kuewr665

I am still getting Euro textures for certain RHW pieces, like RHW-2 A1 ramp.

memo

Quote from: cmdp123789 on December 20, 2013, 01:30:55 PM

and

Quote from: Kuewr665 on December 20, 2013, 04:20:13 PM
This is most likely to be related to Moonlinght's elevated rail reskin mod. The Tram 3-way intersections are showing unusual textures in El over AVE-4/RD-4 intersections meeting El over Road.

This is also visible in the preview model for the earlier El over Road intersection pieces, but are fixed when plopped.

El-Rail-Avenue in conjunction with Moonlingth's El-Rail mod is not a supported combination for now; and it is not likely this will change in the near future. If you want to use it nevertheless, you are bound to orthogonal sections and 90 curves, but nothing else than what currently works can be provided.

Quote from: Apple Delight on December 20, 2013, 07:48:05 PM
This El-Rail looks like it should connect to the el-rail over ave/rd-4, but it isn't. Is this functionality ready or planned for the future?

This setup is nowhere near being supported, and it is not currently planned for the future.

Quote from: Tarkus on December 21, 2013, 01:46:26 AM
Quote from: Kuewr665 on December 20, 2013, 04:50:31 PM

No OWR height transitions (L0 -> L1, L1 -> L2, L0 -> L2) work.

I just tested that one and ran into no issue.

I observed the same issue. It occurs in combination with the OWR-arrow reduction plugin, as detailed in issue 182.

Swordmaster

Quote from: le_harv on December 20, 2013, 02:52:58 PM

That's correct. The curves have been adapted and can be plopped in much tighter spaces now. The downside is that auto-place no longer works. Draggable variants of these pieces are slated for next release.

Quote from: Kuewr665 on December 20, 2013, 04:20:13 PM
The FARR stub pieces seem missing from the RealRailway pieces as well. Is it in the FARR menu?

There are no such pieces. They are part of the draggable FARR feature that will be in NAM 33.

Quote from: Kuewr665 on December 20, 2013, 05:16:19 PM
I do agree the ramps are very unrealistic. However, will they be replaced by longer ramps? Or do we have to build earthen ramps and use on-slope pieces instead?

Earthen ramps should be preferred, though I will most likely try to construct a L0-L1 transition piece in case there are space restrictions.

Cheers
Willy

vortext

If I'm not mistaken this hasn't been reported yet?

added as issue #183 ~ memo

Other than that I'm loving the new controller compilation, current installation is just 60.4 mb (streets only  ;D).   &apls
time flies like a bird
fruit flies like a banana

Kuewr665

The draggable road viaducts have pylons every other tile and the draggable OWR viaducts have pylons every tile. Draggable avenue viaducts have pylons every tile, but on only one side of the viaduct. Is this supposed to happen?

Quote from: Swordmaster on December 21, 2013, 05:41:30 AM
There are no such pieces. They are part of the draggable FARR feature that will be in NAM 33.

Sounds interesting.