• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

I need Information Regarding a few of SimGoober's Combined & Updated Lot Packs

Started by CahosRahneVeloza, January 23, 2014, 09:42:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CahosRahneVeloza

Namely these:

http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=1102
http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=1124
http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=1092
http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=1096

I need to know if these do not need the CAM. I do not use the CAM & would like to steer clear of downloads that require the mod. I have actually resorted to downloading all of SG's stuff from the STEX which by the way are mostly outdated by now instead of getting the more updated ones on the LEX because I was avoiding the ones that needed the CAM. My biggest reason is because a huge chunk of his Commercial & Industrial lots were made into CAMeLots and the worse part is the lots are all bundled up into a few DAT files instead of being packaged as individual lots, meaning I could never remove the CAMeLots even if I wanted to.

On the download page for the last item, which is the Entertainment pack, it says the lots are CAMPatible but not all CAMeLots. So does that mean out of the eleven lots in the pack, only a few are CAMeLots?

How about the other three downloads? How many of the lots there are CAMeLots?

mrbisonm

I have no idea whether these are CAM or not, since I do NOT use CAM at all, but I use all the models though. You could do this also, just take the model datfile and make new props out of them with PIM, then create your own lots with the LE.
That's what I did. ;)

Fred

....Uploading the MFP 1.... (.........Finishing the MFP1)

CahosRahneVeloza

@mrbisonm: I only play the game, download & use creations by Custom Content makers as I have no knowledge of Modding stuff and using modding tools.

mrbisonm

Quote from: CahosRahneVeloza on January 23, 2014, 12:07:50 PM
@mrbisonm: I only play the game, download & use creations by Custom Content makers as I have no knowledge of Modding stuff and using modding tools.
Sorry. Making lots with the LE is quite easy though......read about it (tutorials)

Ok, I had a look at the lots of Simgoober you mentioned and most, I think even all, are not CAM lots. The reason why I say this is simply that I have them all and I do not use Cam in my play, and I did not modify them neither, so I guess they are most/all usable without CAM.

Hope this helps. ;)

Fred

CahosRahneVeloza

@mrbisonm: Thanks  :thumbsup:

Yes that helped a lot.

By the way, I use & love your "Nexis Mega Generator". And I usually pair it with " RalphaelNinja's" "Ionic Fusor".

Rayden

The only lots not compatible with the vanilla game (without CAM) are those growables that have a growing stage higher than 8, as SimCity only recognizes stages up until 8 (residentials and commercials) and up until 4 or 5 (can't remember now) for industrials. As long those lots remain within those levels, they don't need the CAM to work.

CahosRahneVeloza

Quote from: Rayden on January 24, 2014, 06:42:59 AM
The only lots not compatible with the vanilla game (without CAM) are those growables that have a growing stage higher than 8, as SimCity only recognizes stages up until 8 (residentials and commercials) and up until 4 or 5 (can't remember now) for industrials. As long those lots remain within those levels, they don't need the CAM to work.

Yeah I know, but there's no indication of which stage each lot is if there's no .sc4lot file to look at. The thing is each of the lots in these sets were packed into several .dat files and unless I use a tool to view each lot individually I can never find out which lots are CAM or not. Also as I said earlier, there's not even a way for me to remove the CAM lots I do not want because they were lumped into a single .dat file.

And as I also said, I just play the game and use people's creations. I do not wish to use nor install modding tools just so I can remove maybe one or two things from a bundled .dat file.

Also, IND, whether Agri, Dirty, Manufacturing or High tech only go up to stage 3 in a non CAM game.

jaredh

PIM-X will CAM/un-CAM a file (and stuff in a DAT) fairly easily....you don't even have to mess with the LE, you just pull up the lot and change the growth stage and save.

Unfortunately, you pretty much are going to have to install tools to "play" the game if you are going to DL lots from the LEX and don't want CAM...entirely for the things you note (not being able to know the growth stages)    I'd suggest sticking with stuff on the STEX if you don't want any tools....very few BATs over there are CAMelots.

mrbisonm

If you ever stumble on a CAM lot/model you would like to have without installing CAM itself, let me know by PM (Private Message) and I'll either send you mine or make one for you. ;)

Fred