• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Quick question

Started by tkirch, June 29, 2007, 03:33:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tkirch

I don't know if this is the place to go ... I have been looking and I know there were topics on this in Simtropolis but can't find it after an hour.

Anyone know what a large, medium, and small city in SC4 is equivalent to in miles.

I heard someone say 2.5 x 2.5 on a large, but if that were true there is no way a large city of millions could grow in there. 

Also how many squares(grid tiles) are there in a large city.

Just trying to get some numbers straight as I move forward with my new city journal.

Todd

Masochist

Ahh...I want to say that a small city tile is 1 sq. km, a medium city tile is 2km by 2 km (or 4 sq. km), and a large tile is 4 km by 4 km (or 16 sq. km).  I could be absolutely wrong, however...and I really wouldn't be surprised if I was.  The thing about the millions of Sims in a city is that people can build all high-density res in large cities and can fit large amounts of people in small spaces (like in Hong Kong).  Also, people can modify buildings to hold thousands and thousands of Sims.  That helps, too.

I'm not sure exactly grid squares are in each.  Heh heh...I'm sorry, I don't think I'm helping too much.  Tell you what, I'll research it right now, and if no one's answered with certainty by the time I'm done, I'll edit my post with all the right answers.

<EDIT>
Got it!

Each grid tile is 16 metres by 16 metres, and according to thy451:

A) Small: 64 by 64 tiles = 1024 metres / 1Km
B) Medium: 128 by 128 tiles = 2048 metres / 2Km
C) Large: 256 by 256 tiles = 4096 metres / 4km
(Under Construction)

Gaston

I believe this is correct.   However the person to ask for sure is Dedgren (Three Rivers Region & an Admin here)   He has done a ton of research regarding this.

---Gaston
白龍

They say that the memory is the second thing that goes....
...dang , I wish I could remember the first.
WooHoo made Councilman - 05 FEB 07 Yipee made Mayor - 13 MAR 07 Hip Hip Hooray made Governor - 04 AUG 07 Rock On made Senator - 15 MAR 09