• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Seraf's NYBT BATs

Started by seraf, July 21, 2014, 11:47:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

compdude787

Check out my MD, United States of Simerica!
Last updated: March 5, 2017

My YouTube Channel

kbieniu7

Gorgeous... I think, you should really think about some polish landmarks  ;D
Thank you for visiting Kolbrów, and for being for last ten years!

Swordmaster

Wow! Excellent building choice, its demolition was a tragedy. Not too easy to BAT, though, I think. Looking forward to the progress.

Cheers
Willy

reddonquixote

Beautiful! It's off to an amazing start.  :thumbsup:

Its demolition is saddening  ()sad()
Pay heed to the tales of old wives. It may well be that they alone keep in memory what it was once needful for the wise to know.

seraf

deora - Yes, it's original Penn Station :) Glad you like it :)

art128 - Thank you :)

romualdillo - ;D

Simcoug - You're not the only one... Thank you for comment! :)

belfastsocrates - Thank you! :)

compdude787 - Thank you :)

kbieniu7 - Thank you :) Which ones? :P

Swordmaster - Thank you :) And yes, the concourse roof is actually a lot of work. But I hope it'll be worth it :)

reddonquixote - Thank you :) Yes, even more so when you see what they build in it's place...

Guys, I'm so sorry for being so quiet. The truth is I have a lot of going on in my life and I don't have so much time to BAT anymore. But I still try to do some work at least once a week.

For now, apart from some modeling work, I started work with textures on Penn Station: (don't mind the wall in inner court)

Girafe

The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    * 

belfastsocrates

That looks superb, the stone work is excellent!
A unique nation fusing technological prowess and unparalleled grandeur

"Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination" - Oscar Wilde

Swordmaster

Fantastic! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: Already looks like a definite for my region, so absolutely worth it ;D

What size would this be? Also, how would you want to go about making it a functional station? Would you consider BATing something like this or this to cover the entrance?

Cheers
Willy

Unconstantean

People like you keep SC4 alive after 16 years from its initial release. Outstanding. The amount of detail and work and dedication resulted in a gallery of buildings, high quality buildings that surpass any other creation in city buildings simulations released in the las years.

C-grats!  &apls &apls &apls

------------------------
i'm sorry for my english mistakes , it's not my first language

mgb204

This is fantastic model, always happy to have some more stations to work with, especially one with such grandeur as this.

Quote from: Swordmaster on February 08, 2016, 03:24:38 AM
Also, how would you want to go about making it a functional station?

One thing you could do is mod it to work with URail, that way you wouldn't need rail lines going in either side.

Themistokles

That looks simply stunning! &apls

I'm sure it'll be fabulous whichever way you decide to connect it to the rail network, but I can't help thinking, that one advantage of making it for the underground rail puzzle pieces like mgb suggested is that it'll then be possible to use also as a standalone building ;)
Come join me on a hike to St Edmea!

Latest update: 7

"In the end, our society will be defined not only by what we create, but by what we refuse to destroy." - John Sawhill

Simcoug

The details already look amazing - I can't wait to see more of your beautiful texturing!   :thumbsup:

MushyMushy

Gorgeous BAT! This'll be a very grand station.
It could also always be modded as a subway station, yes? If a piece like the one Swordmaster posted an image of was made (which could be transit enabled to convert passenger rail traffic to subway traffic), it would still look like a train station.

noahclem

Penn Station looks fantastic already! About time this architectural marvel (and martyr) makes its way into the SC4 world  :thumbsup:

JP Schriefer

matias93

Another option is to lot it raised to L1 (7.5 meters) and overhanging one tile all around, so it basically 'sits' on a sized trench that contains the tracks. This could allow to use maxis tunnels to connect the station, and even making connections forward the station, overpassing its terminus condition (just as the Empire Connection will do, linking Penn and Grand Central).

"Lets be scientists and as such, remember always that the purpose of politics is not freedom, nor authority, nor is any principle of abstract character,
but it is to meet the social needs of man and the development of the society"

— Valentín Letelier, 1895

c.p.

This will be worth waiting for :thumbsup:

seraf

Ok, so first things first. Thank you all for those comments and I'm sorry that it took me over a year to answer them :(

Swordmaster - If I remember correctly Penn Station will be 9x16. As for making it functional... I'm not really sure how to do that (isn't there a right button in PIM?). In real building the tracks were underground so I don't know if I need to bat anything besides station... I would like to just put the station building like any other standard building in the game and then to have all rails underground...I hope I explained this right...  ???

Modeling work on this little gem was finished a long time ago (apart from some minor details) and I decided it's time to finish it, I will post more renders soon.

JP Schriefer

mattb325