• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Tyberius (Heretic Projects) Lotting and Modding Experiments

Started by Tyberius06, August 09, 2016, 06:25:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dyoungyn

I don't know, if you think about it, yes sea cranes are bright so that helicopters and planes can see them.  However, due to most docks being in industrial areas, the cranes may loose their brightness due to pollution.  I do like the Japanese version better as the is color variation and I can even see better details with the metal frames.

art128

Those cranes were created specifically for Kelis by one of his friend, if I recall.

Tag_one's cranes are better than PEG's IMO.
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

Tyberius06

EDIT - 27.04.2019: Since the original image links are gone, I repurpose all the Heretic Seaport Project and its Expansion related WIP develomental posts, because they lost their purpose by now and I can not restore the original images. Therefore this first post will show all the different pieces what the Heretic SeaPort Project v1.5 contains and the later WIP posts will refer to this post back with a link.

Thank both of You for the kind words. They are nice cranes indeed, but I've never seen them before, it would be nice, if someone can recognize them and direct us to right way to find them. I probably found the "seawalls" under them, they are Uki's creations, but I haven't found the actuall lots with the Cranes. I discovered some interesting cranes among somy's creations too. 

@art128: Thanks for the information about those cranes. Yepp, Tag_One's crane nicer, and I'm thinking about to change the Cranes on my creations or on some of them.

I may need some help. I made a bunch of filler pieces which have actually own groups, but in the game menu they appears here-and-there, well actually they appear on those locations as the original PEG docks (I think the hex number of the item order is 0x0....5), but after this point for example "filler-A-01" appears the begining of the list, "filler-A-02" a little bit more down, but there are some other pieces between them etc.
I would like to organize the each pieces of each groups under each other.
For example I have these "groups" under the fillers "section":

DTR-STR (8 pieces)
STR Only (4 pieces)
and the rest which doesn't have actual tags but I have
2 additional parking lots (3x5,4x6)
2 Warehouse Outer Corner Dock Ending
4 additional pieces for the PEG set (2x5 Break-Bulk, 2x5 Container Dock, 4x5 kind of mixture)
3 additional pieces for the PEG RCI set (two 2x5 transition piece between the 5 tiles set and the 3 tiles deep RCI dock lot, and a 2x3 RCI lot with containers)
1 additional pieces for the 6 tile deep lots, it's 3x6 mixed stuff
and then the 10 big lots (well actually they are more or less on the same place after each other, but 2 of them - 2 with the CAL canal pieces - are nearly the begining of the list, but the rest is the end of the first pack - I mean, the first pack is the original PEG 1x5 docks (item order 0x0...5), the second pack I think the original PEG warehouses (item order 0x0...14), the third pack Freight Port - FP - lots, the fourth pack Tamorr's Rail port, and NBVC's Modular Container port pieces are nearly the end of the whole menu).
But these bigger lots are mixed too.

So how can I make some order (more efficient way than the item order) among these lots.
I show one part of the lot names in my folder:

Oh, I almost forgot, the building examplar names in all cases follow this structure: SP Dock 0x0 given lot name (original creator)
(creators: original PEG, Tamorr, NBVC, Heretic - yes, that's my author name)
All the "given" name of the fillers of mine start with "Filler Piece", like SP Dock 2x6 Filler Piece DTR-STR Mixed Goods (Heretic).

Oh and two more little filler pieces, I realized I missed them earlier...

- Tyberius
You may find updates about my ongoing projects into my development thread here at SimCity 4 Devotion: Tyberius Lotting Experiments
or over there on Simtropolis into the Tyberius (Heretic Projects) Lotting and Modding Experiments.
I'm also member of the STEX Custodian and working on different restoration projects on behalf of non-anymore-active custom content creators.
Current projects: WMP Restoration and SimCity Polska Restoration.
Member of the NAM Team and RTMT Team.

FrankU

Hi Tyberius06,
The Item order is the way to go. You should make a list for yourself where you can write down which hex numbers you are going to use. You can also write down the item order numbers of other people's lots, so that you can put yours in between.
There is no central location where we can synchronize the item orders like with Texture IID's etc. Just do whatever you like. The menu is going to be a mess anyway.  :D
One thing I use very often: the items with the same Item order number appear in order of plop cost: the cheapest is the uppermost one.
Most of the time I use one Item order number for a whole set, which makes it almost certain that they appear next to each other in the list.. And either I don't care what happens with lots having the samer price, or I make the one in want lowest one or two simoleons more expensive.
I think that of lots with the same price the game put them in order of IID number, but I am not sure.

Tyberius06

Thank You, You answered my question with this plop cost thingy. I didn't know from what the menu order depend on after the item order number. Well, this way I can play with the numbers for the different sets, and can organize them well enough. :)
You may find updates about my ongoing projects into my development thread here at SimCity 4 Devotion: Tyberius Lotting Experiments
or over there on Simtropolis into the Tyberius (Heretic Projects) Lotting and Modding Experiments.
I'm also member of the STEX Custodian and working on different restoration projects on behalf of non-anymore-active custom content creators.

Tyberius06

Hello!

EDIT - 27.04.2019: Since the original image links are gone, I repurpose all the Heretic Seaport Project and its Expansion related WIP develomental posts, because they lost their purpose by now and I can not restore the original images. Therefore this first post will show all the different pieces what the Heretic SeaPort Project v1.5 contains and the later WIP posts will refer to this post back with a link.

Well this is my last update before I release the pack. I still have some work, with modding and writing a nice "read me" documentation with the tons of dependency. I made a couple of new lot in the past few days.
I actually need some advice. A few comments above there was mentioned that tag_one's container crane looks nicer than the PEG's one so I made it a try and put tag_one's cranes onto my lots.
How do you feel about it? Which crane would be the winner?

1. Container Ports with the tag_one's crane. (the exeption is the NBVC transition 01, because in that set there are used both type of crane.)
2. It could be a bigger filler, but I call it Industrial Rail Yard 03 - STR Only. I thought it could be a nice addition to some of my bigger lot, which ends with a STR track or starts with that, and I also made some seaport fillers with only STR tracks.
3. Well most of the last couple of lots, what I made, contain both DTR and STR tracks. Here is the inner corner and the Industrial Rail Yard 05 - Warehouses 02
4. The "same" warehouse yard and the outer corner.
5. The new monster: Industrial Rail Yard 04 - Warehouses. 23x20 tiles big, I actually reached the maximum item limit on this lot, so I had to hold myself back.

I would be happy any for any comment, advice, critic, oppinion etc...

- Tyberius

Ernestmaxis

Simmer2

Outstanding work, Tibi  &apls &apls

Please re-download nsb v4, remove the temp texture packs I made, from the plugin and check to see that all configs are showing on your lots.
If everything pans out then.... "Release the Kraken"  :D

Nick
________________________________________________________________________________

dyoungyn

Absolutely amazing.  I always wanted to build those type of cranes on land and not water.  Great job and love the warehouse variations.

Seaman

nicely done. It's a hard call regarding the cranes. I like the design of the PEG's cranes more and they add some color to the otherwise grey industrial area. On the other hand tag_one's simply fit better in the overall ambient. So, I would say you should go with tag_one, but it's a tough call.

a question on how to install: are they supposed go along with the old lots like CDK3 or do they replace anything? Is it just throwing in another bunch of files and you are good to go (with dependencys, of course)?

MushyMushy

Nice work!

I would say you should use the tag_one cranes simply because the color scheme blends better. PEG's design has a more modern feel, but the textures he used on the models have always been much too garish for my taste.

Tyberius06

Thanks all of you the kind words.
Well, It looks like the winner is tag_one's crane. :)

@Nick: thank you very much everything. I already downloaded and replaced the pack file and it looks OK. Thank you for your work on the overlays and all the additional overlays what you made for this project! :)

@Ernestmaxis: Thanky You! :)

@dyoungyn: Thank You! About the cranes. NBVC's modular container port contains both type of cranes on a 2x3 lot each, but now I'm not sure that they can be built on only land. I actually retextured that set aswell (about a year ago, that was I guess the first), and now I will take an another look on them, so I make those modular pieces (or additional ones), that the user can use them both as a seaport piece or a land container port piece.

@MushyMushy: Thank You! :)

@Seaman: Thank You! :) At this moment I'm still not sure about the folder structure. A few post above I explained a little bit, how I imagine the file name and examplar name structure. Apart from the three PEG-CDK3-SP Seaport (Container, Pier One, Break-Bulk) lots, which case I think the retextured lots override and replace the old ones, the rest can go along with the new lots, however I remade every single piece of the original set, with the same stats, just different menu location and of course with different base/overlay texture design. The new ones won't automaticly override the old ones, if that kind of thing is even possible. But the basic installation would be to put the unzipped folder with its subfolders into your plugin folder. They will be organized tematically (like Original PEG Docks, Warehouses, Seaports  - in this case I follow the same structure as the original one and make a folder with the same ZZZ_PEG_Seaports name, Tamorr's Rail Port, Heretic - that's me- SP Docks).
I probably won't put the lot files into dat files, because this way the user can choose lots what he/she wants to use. For example I probably won't use ever the original 1x5 parking lot and busstop lots, and I'm not sure about those inner corners with the rail crossing, these (for me useless) pieces triggered the whole project.

About dependencies:
As I mentioned earlier, this project contains several different people's PEG-CDK3-SP related creations (PEGPROD, Tamorr, NBVC). So the basic dependencies are the same, like for those original projects and the each of the most important dependency of course the SM2 RRW No Sleepers and Ballasts Textures (NSB) v4, I think Nick updated the pack yesterday on STEX.
Well, I made 42+2 (the plus 2 are the curved inner corner lots for the original sets) lots which are using the most common industrial dependency packs like some of jes megapacks, BSC MegaProps Misc vol 2, SG Megaprops, Simmer 2 Prop Pack vol. 1 (those barriers :) ), Super SHK textures, Girafe's Car props, and some others because of the prop families like trucks and containers. And then some of the exotic ones: SG-CAL Canals and Canal Wharves props, MGB RRW Tunel model, Cogeo Logisctic Park dependency pack etc.

- Tyberius

Tyberius06

Hello!

Finally I could upload the Heretic SeaPort Project into the STEX (and the LEX aswell). You can download it from here:

Heretic SeaPort Project

Enjoy and have fun!

eggman121

I must applaud you for your effort in making these sets Tyberius06  :thumbsup:

One suggestion however, A cleanitol file would make wonders in removing conflicting files since there is a bit of replacement of stuff that needs to be done, especially for alternative BSC sets. Both PEG and BSC sets are incompatible with each other and I am sure people more knowledgeable in this field will be able to help. As far as I know for the licensing agreements the two sets cannot be combined by making a single set so it has to be made clear that only one set type can be used as stated in your readme. This is for people who may be using the BSC set so they know that they will have to remove the BSC set to use your creations.

This is the only suggestion for you work. I have started using it in one of my regions and I am astounded by the amount of work you have done.

For that, +1 for you  ;)

Keep up the good work. I hope to see more of this and appreciate the time you have taken to make this set.

-eggman121

Seaman

Vizoria

Very, very impressive! You have integrated seaport, canal and canal-to-sea lots. Furthermore you added in a lot more variety and lot variation.

Someone +1 this guy!

Simmer2

Well done Tibi!
I would heed eggman121's suggestion regarding making a cleanitol file. With that many lots there may be conflicts with some overpopulated plugins...

Nick

________________________________________________________________________________

Tyberius06

@ Vizoria, Seaman, Nick, eggman121: thank all of you the kind words.

Quote from: eggman121 on September 19, 2016, 08:46:59 PM

One suggestion however, A cleanitol file would make wonders in removing conflicting files since there is a bit of replacement of stuff that needs to be done, especially for alternative BSC sets.

Quote from: Simmer2 on September 20, 2016, 09:46:47 AM
Well done Tibi!
I would heed eggman121's suggestion regarding making a cleanitol file. With that many lots there may be conflicts with some overpopulated plugins...

Nick

About the cleanitol file: well, I know about the conflict between the BSC and other seaports and PEG Seaports, but I don't know which files should be put into the cleanitol text. I've never used any other seaport set. As I know only three file could be problematic, the three seaport file, but I don't know how they work actually as a standalone lot without the Master Seaport Controller. I know, the Container Seaport functional as a replacement for the game's original vanilla seaport.
I will open a new thread for this question, or anybody who can help me with this cleanitol would be welcome.

Other thing what I forget to mention: if anybody would like to make MML or DAMN menu functionality for this project, just go on... :) I can not make either of those. :)

Thanks for the advice and any further help in advance.

- Tibi

jaredh

My understanding is only the seaport controllers are incompatible....not the lots themselves.

I'm fairly certain I have used lots/bats from both before and used one seaport controller...

Andreas

Yeah, only the functional seaports that are added to the seaport controller are mutually exclusive in the various seaport sets. Any other coastal lot is pretty much just eye-candy, and it should be safe to mix them. Apart from that, a cleanitol file to remove clutter probably isn't such a bad idea, though, esp. if the new lots are intended as replacement/enhancement for those from the old set(s).
Andreas