• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

RTMT version 4.0

Started by b22rian, July 14, 2017, 02:01:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alan_Waters

My patience is held only by a thread.  :D

b22rian

Good news on today's RTMT update...

Pierre, came to the rescue and saved the day...
He gave me the idea to fix the Flup Ave-6 Bus ( 3 X 1 ) station...

I have tried his suggestion and tested the station in my test area...
I am happy to report the station looks to be fully functional now to this point..  :bnn:

Testing will now continue on the various flups with our 4- Ave- 6 flup stations..

Here is a look at my test area i am using to test the Ave-6 flup stations...
I have constructed road, GLR + U - rail flups here..

Alan_Waters

b22rian

Alan ,

thanks for the nice comments from you  :thumbsup:

I have now added a GLR - in - Ave Flup to the set up -

There are pretty much 5 primary type flups you can used with these flup stations , that we test pretty thoroughly..

Glr-in-ave, U- Rail, base tram, and than 2 road based flups, road + Avenue

( so far I have done at least some testing on 4 of these flups.. only the avenue flup i have not constructed as yet in my set -up)

i think with these flups the , TLA-7 network ( which I will be testing a bit later), is a little more pedestrian -oriented because it has that center turn lane.. Is a bit more useful network to use for these stations than the Ave-6 network ( which I tend to use more as a thru-network, and i use the TLA-7 more in residential -based areas because again the turning lane feature it has..

But having said this, i think its only a small difference really in the networks , regarding the flup stations. The reason why is you can have a lot more combinations of different type transit switchings with the RTMT flup stations than you get from the regular stations, because of the complexity of the set ups with the flup stations  :thumbsup:

Players will see what I mean here as I gradually try to explain more about how the flup stations work in this thread..
and players will get to see what there full potential is with time..

b22rian

Update :

there may be a bit of a delay in postings here as I try to help the NAM team with testing on NAM 36 Alpha 2 build,,
so we can try to get this NAM 36 release out the door to you guys  :thumbsup:

b22rian

New Update : TLA-7 Flup stations..

I had a bit of a break while NAM 36 Alpha 3 is being built..

I am pretty much finished with my new TLA-7 Flup testing area... ( I still have to build a subway network to test that aspect of the stations. All RTMT flup stations have subway support also)..

Also Pierre has agreed to do some more intensive UDI testing for all 3 tile wide stations  :thumbsup:

Ok so in the below pic, this is pretty much the 5 possible flups you can use with these types of stations .
so 1-5 shows ( road, avenue, GLR, GLR-in-AVE and underground rail flups with RTMT TLA-7 flup station on top of the underpasses )-

b22rian

RTMT version 4.0 Testing Update :

Summary from this morning RTMT chat meeting ..

This from Pierre,

QuoteI have performed successfully the UDI testing of the FLUP stations for AVE-6 and TLA-7.

Also from my end testing has gone excellent, so far for the functional testing of those same 3 tile wide station sets  :thumbsup:

There are still a couple things I want to test, but the stations so far have performed very well in my active traffic environments..

On the horizon than is the completion of all left hand paths for the build..

matias93

You are going faster each day, it's really impressive!  &apls

"Lets be scientists and as such, remember always that the purpose of politics is not freedom, nor authority, nor is any principle of abstract character,
but it is to meet the social needs of man and the development of the society"

— Valentín Letelier, 1895

AsimPika3172

I will waiting for this one! Keep moving forward!!!  &apls &apls &apls &hlp :bnn:
I loves Sim City forever!

b22rian

Thanks for your comments guys  :thumbsup:

Yes, for the time being anyways, things are rolling along quite well..

There has been less issues associated with the flup , 3 tile wide stations than we anticipated so far ..

I think i am going to warp up testing on those stations quite soon , unless i find something i think looks out of place with the way the stations are switching traffic from one network type to another ..

But its great to have everyone on board.. I realize the community is smaller than it once was, but we can still have a lot of fun with all this ..So all your postings, comments, questions and input are appreciated  ;)

b22rian

RTMT version 4.0 Build Update :

Still all good news everyone on this update   :thumbsup:

Pierre has completed the remaining left hand paths necessary for the 4.0 release..

I still have not found any issues with the complicated Flup 3 tile wide station sets ( AVE-6 + TLA-7 ).. with my ongoing testing

We will be having a team chat meeting Friday to discuss what to proceed with next to continue to work toward a release date..

b22rian

RTMT Version 4.0 Build Update:

First let me mention I am on the west coast of florida...

So of course I am keeping a close eye on Hurricane irma,,,

I would be likely to lose power and cable at some point..

But we had the RTMT meeting this morning . We decided that out next are of focus should be to complete the RTMT version 4.0 Documentation..

In addition Pierre  will be at some point posting an update that details what else we need to do to get the package out to you guys and what sorta outside help we will need to accomplish that  :thumbsup:

eagle74

Take care of yourself & stay safe.  I am in South Carolina near the Georgia line, so we stocked up on water & other supplies earlier in the week. . . but it looks like we are not going to get anything close to what is coming your way.

kelis

Good luck for these hard days !!
.                                                                                                                      

|| Benelux Team || Windows on the World || My Photos on Flickr || Kelis BNL Projects ||

tigerbuilder

Yes you will lose power. Stay safe Brian.

Tiger

b22rian

i wanted to thank you guys for all your well wishes..

Everything has been restored now and i suffered no major damage from Irma's wrath.. :thumbsup:

And so now its back to work on RTMT V-4.0  ;D

eagle74

Its good to hear that you are OK.

b22rian

RTMT ( Quickie update)...

We have delayed work on the completion of the RTMT Doc...

More importantly, Pierre will be posting a fairly long post,( in our private development threads), in the next few days or so  which will detail to some of our more expert NAM + RTMT members the areas we need help with and areas we need to  to complete in order to get this uploaded to you guys..

So we should be getting back to the RTMT Doc soon than,

I will of course keep you guys updated as I have been  :thumbsup:

Thanks to all you guys for your continued support  ;)

b22rian

RTMT Update :

Everything still seems to be moving along so far...

Our team leader MGB, has a bit more time now and has created a really organized plan for the team to get RTMT 4.0 at some point to a release date for you guys now that we have NAM 36 out the door, However keep in mind he is still working on several community projects at the same time, and in addition there are still some areas we need to finalize,  so we still do not expect a quick completion process here or want to pressure the team in any way with a lower quality premature release package for 4.0.. Pierre and my main job at this point is still going to be to complete the 4.0 Doc..

But there is also another team meeting scheduled for Tuesday morning , where things should become even more clear in terms of what paths we need to take to get the release uploaded to the community ...

That is about all I have to share at this point with you guys..
Thanks for your continued support  :thumbsup:

b22rian

RTMT Version 4.0 Quickie Update :

Our team meeting was now pushed back until friday , so i should be able to give you guys an update/ summary on the relevant points that come out of our meeting over the weekend  :thumbsup: