• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Show us ... your homemade music.

Started by fantozzi, April 13, 2018, 10:44:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fantozzi

The accustic is a very strange material - it is no material at all. While for painting you need colors and canvas and for sculptures you need stone - and they will stay, where you put them.

But music only exists while you play it. As soon as you put the guitar away or you press the 'STOP' button on your device - it is gone. And most of the music of mankind is gone forever.

Too many songs no one listens to, being like mummies on tapes and storages. Just data without soul. What a waste of art.

Before your art gets lost through space and time this way - at least try and share it here.

https://soundcloud.com/user-363150483/transgen-1

mattb325

Thanks for sharing your creativity. It certainly made for calm listening while looking at the forums this morning as a wild autumn storm rages outside  :sunny:

Tyberius06

Wow, that is fantastic. I really like it! It was so nice, and relaxing.

- Tyberius
You may find updates about my ongoing projects into my development thread here at SimCity 4 Devotion: Tyberius Lotting Experiments
or over there on Simtropolis into the Tyberius (Heretic Projects) Lotting and Modding Experiments.
I'm also member of the STEX Custodian and working on different restoration projects on behalf of non-anymore-active custom content creators.
Current projects: WMP Restoration and SimCity Polska Restoration.
Member of the NAM Team and RTMT Team.

Alan_Waters

mattb325

Slightly darker and much more industrial than Fantozzi's compilation, but very, very good. It's great to see so many talented people on this site  :thumbsup:

fantozzi

Alan Waters - those male choirs, sounding a little bit like a horde of orcs running over the harmonies (in rythm but almost no melody, inspired by rap?) , combined with dystopian text - also evoking pictures from games like 'Fallout' or 'The last of us' etc. (war and destruction and isolated individuals)  - is this a certain style? because I hear this style also in germany with german lyrics.

Sounds like music of a generation living with the impression of a society failed on social tasks. Where Syria - or any warzone - could be like an emblem for the inside, the human fabric, relationsships - rotten, corrupted and destroyed. Or maybe: to walk through your inside it's like to walk through the scenarios of a dystopian computer game.

Well, imho, music is a very important 'tool' to exchange feelings, to share things, difficult to share them like 'data', informational - so music is important for communities or even for lovers. Like a space where you can meet without much hassle an explaining yourself - like dancing together - no much brain, no much theory and explanaitions, you just swing together. That's why I think music has an importance in religion and I think music was before the birthplace of language, maybe 500.000 ago, the language of nature and instincts, the language of spirit.

You have to find yourself in music, you must have the feeling, the music (the singer, the composer) understands you, the music must touch you, and that means there must be some kind of echo in the music - something that echoes yourself.

So there is sad music for your sad moments, there is happy music for your happy moments and other music for your more complex moments. Like something that has to fit your inside.

Sadly this importance of music is often abused - f.e. in supermarkets to make you feel comfortable and cozy there. So music is a strong tool to manipulate people.

And there are certain musical styles to protest on this  - like punk f.e.

But to be true - I don't know if this is protest/deny or believe. As if you can't do music without creating some kind of believe, some kind of feelings. Therefore protest becomes a believe or an ideology too. And punk becomes commercial. And there is no escape.

And so I wonder what does it mean if so many people enjoy 'hopeless' or 'dystopian' music, music talking about end time scenarios. I don't even know, if my observation is right.

Or ...

... what if societies are like some non-newtonian fluid and we form them with our music - they take shape as we play and they fall into indifference as we stop. So world take it's (chaotic) shape according to the music we make?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3zoTKXXNQIU

[EDIT] Sorry - this very confusing thoughts were meant only to say I listened to it and:

Thanks for sharing

Alan_Waters

Of course I'm not a priest, and I'm not trying to make my work a religion. I'm just trying to show where our world can go if others do not think about and try to change something in it. This is my vision of my place in art.
Thank you very much for the detailed criticism and your opinion, fantozzi!
Thank you very much, mattb325!
Sincerely.

fantozzi

Yes, sorry - can't call my post a good critics - to be a good critics first you have to understand and me (like many others) tends to have an opinion first and then ask questions for understanding.

Quote from: Alan_Waters on April 15, 2018, 03:45:40 AM
I'm just trying to show where our world can go if others do not think about and try to change something in it. This is my vision of my place in art.

And that is what I didn't understand. Thank you.

Alan_Waters

English is not my native language for me. Maybe Google translate something wrong.
Excuse me.  &ops

fantozzi

@Alan Waters - please don't worry. I was scared, that's all. Doesn't mean something bad about your music.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Now maybe to leash your dogs first. If Fantozzi tries to sing, no one knows exactly how they might react.

Geht alles vorbei (everything passes by), 2008
https://soundcloud.com/user-363150483/geht-alles-vorbei

I tried to translate the lyrics, but don't expect much, the words loose their colors and I tried to work with the shifting colors of the vowels like in 'moneten' (dough, money) and 'poeten' (poets):

Everything must pass

What is the dough?
Mercedes, VW ... the stock exchange company
All those figures
Door open, door close
But inside the room
To stay there... it was all alone you

What's missing in the portfolio
To be happy, everything passes by
Powers and markets
Divas and Celebrities
Like snow on a child's grave

What is essential?
The smart phone, the deadlines,
to gas up for the next voyage?
Always to late, long gone and far
Life shows - what had had a meaning to you.

What are worries?
Evrything passes by, everything passes by
The hating, the loving, the head and the heels,

But what a tears
In the ocean - listen! - in the ocean?
After all you did see, after all you went through
And still you are breathing, and still you stand up
What are poets? Everything passes by, everything passes by
The elightment, the mistake
Year after year