• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Redistributing NAM Traffic Simulator?

Started by mak, January 17, 2018, 09:19:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mak

Hi all,

You might have already heard about my latest project, Poppy Multiplayer Regions. Even though it's still in the prerelease stage, activity seems to be picking up and I would love to start including some plugins in the main region.

I feel the NAM Traffic Simulator would be an amazing addition to the PMR plugin set, since it really "fixes" the Maxis simulator. Of course, I understand that including this plugin would entail redistributing some of the NAM plugin files, so I wanted to obtain explicit permission before adding it.

Is there any way that I could ask for permission to redistribute some of the NAM Traffic Simulator files for a PMR region? I can certainly include attribution to the NAM team by bundling a document with the plugins (or through another way, if preferred).

Thanks in advance! :)

Tarkus

Generally, for multiplayer regions and the like, plugin sharing is a necessity and has been typically accepted as a fair use.  In any case, however, we'd be more than happy to allow you to use the NAM simulator (and whatever else you may need) as part of PMR.

-Alex

mak

Quote from: Tarkus on January 18, 2018, 03:01:55 PM
Generally, for multiplayer regions and the like, plugin sharing is a necessity and has been typically accepted as a fair use.  In any case, however, we'd be more than happy to allow you to use the NAM simulator (and whatever else you may need) as part of PMR.

-Alex

Thanks so much Alex, you and the rest of the NAM Team peeps rock!