• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Ploppable sheep

Started by Ennedi, September 12, 2007, 12:25:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zero7

Basic longhorn sheep model that I picked up on the internet (free for non-commercial use blah, blah, blah).  Would make a decent base for any sheep model ...

Creating a convincing wool texture could be 'fun'.
Call me Richard

dragonshardz

yeah, fun =  &ops  /wrrd%&  &Thk/(

still, this can be done! keep going!!!

zero7

I think 'fun' in this case is probably more like =  ()what() &mmm ()sad() :'( :angrymore: &idea :) :thumbsup: ()stsfd()
Call me Richard

Madeira aka Constantina

its very detailed but if you consider employing s3d you have to becareful with how many polygons you use because they are known to drop polygons when there are too many polygons rendered.

zero7

I don't think it will matter in this case.  For a static sheep prop, it is no different to any other prop and the loss of detail will simply be down to the small size. 

Character animation is not something I intend to even attempt.
Call me Richard

dedgren

In the "glad that's already done" department, whoever tackles this project at least won't have this to do [linkie]...

David
D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax

Ennedi

David, thank you for the comment, but something is bad with the link  :)
New Horizons Productions
Berethor - beskhu3epnm - blade2k5 - dmscopio - dedgren - Emilin - Ennedi
jplumbley - moganite - M4346 - nichter85 - papab2000 - Shadow Assassin - Tarkus - wouanagaine

RippleJet

Quote from: Ennedi on October 10, 2007, 11:48:50 AM
David, thank you for the comment, but something is bad with the link  :)

Link corrected. :thumbsup:

Ennedi

New Horizons Productions
Berethor - beskhu3epnm - blade2k5 - dmscopio - dedgren - Emilin - Ennedi
jplumbley - moganite - M4346 - nichter85 - papab2000 - Shadow Assassin - Tarkus - wouanagaine

FromTheAshes

Quote from: zero7 on September 20, 2007, 02:14:40 PM
Creating a convincing wool texture could be 'fun'.
The Max got a so called "Hair and Fur Modificator". It shouldn't be a problem to create realistic wool texture (well, basicly not textur but structure or whatever you wanna call it). Can you attach that model? Or give the link.
Visit Vorsfelde.

FrankU

Sorry to say that I am not able to help you in a technical way, but I hope that enthousiastic support will be nice for all of you guys! Great things are going on here.

A loud hurray

Shadow Assassin

QuoteSpeaking more seriously, sheep look great on the mountain meadow

I suppose the Welsh and Kiwis would agree about that.  :D
T
QuoteWell, I'm sure the Welsh, Australians and New Zealanders agree and support this wholeheartedly :P You know what rumour has about them and sheep, right?!

Ah, Australia, the land of wide, open spaces. At least we have an excuse, unlike those Kiwis and Welshies. :P

Hehe, but still... Ennedi, this is a good idea, especially when matched with Chris's Rural Renewal Pack. :P
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
See my uploads on the LEX!

existenz

QuoteAh, Australia, the land of wide, open spaces. At least we have an excuse, unlike those Kiwis and Welshies.

you're absolutely right. Lots of wide,open spaces, no women in sight, lots of sheep.......... :D
Annie

TheTeaCat

Ok now I know this thread is about ploppable sheep.

And as you all know I made a sad attempt  $%Grinno$% with the BAT. Well I suppose in a way i was on the right track as i was looking at props packs in the LE and found these pigs in the NewmanInc mega props.

Now to me they look about the correct size and if you really stretch your imagination a bit maybe they've just been sheared ::)

Now if you could replace the texture somehow I am sure that these could pass as sheep when you consider the scale. Btw the way the "white things" are chickens   :D

So maybe its time I started to fire up the bat again eh? What do you think folks?

:satisfied:
TTC
Kettle's on. Milk? Sugars?    ps I don't like Earl Grey  $%Grinno$%
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle - If you're not part of the solution , you're part of the problem!
"Never knock on Death's door: Ring the bell and run away! Death really hates that!"
Tales at TeaTime      Now A proper NUT      TTC plays GRV II

Pat

hmmm I stinks you might be on to something there Derry.... The only thing that would be a problem if the pigs from CityNut are in a dat file then a re texturing could be hard (if im wrong here someone correct me) as I dont think you would be able to modifie them then, But on the Up Side if CityNut still has the pig file he then could send it your way??? 

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie