• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Moved lots from the STEX

Started by sandrasim1, February 06, 2007, 08:44:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Diggis

I noticed yesterday that all of gascookers lots were gone, but his prop packs are still on there.  Looks like I might have another few days work ahead of me.  Could you all PM me when you have uploaded the packs from a creator and I will update the links for that person.  That way I don't have to keep checking every few hours. Also let me know if it's been removed from STEX or has been left there.  I'll check the links if you've left it open and make sure that the Mods there haven't deleted it.

Vicki, I'll look after this if you want, that way we're not working against each other.

Colyn

Thanks jp .... it will good to get them all together ...

The Cerulean files will take while to come up because we are thinking of making some minor changes to the technical setup ... ie replace those very big UI's he made so lovingly with something more simple that will eat a lot less of your PC resources ... it was only later that I found out the toll those big png's in the UI's took on the game performance.

Work, the annoying period between bike trips.
Come see CSX Play

praiodan

I've been moving all my Lots that were left on STEX to LEX today, they're exclusivly available here now #stsfd·

Andreas

In case someone needs some of Cerulean's files, these are the ones I downloaded ages ago (and before they got corrupted on the STEX):

And I also think it's a good idea to clean them up a bit. They were among the first BSC modded files, and although they work nicely, those uber-fancy query windows are a bit heavy on the resource side indeed. ;)
Andreas

jplumbley

Turns out I was wrong about which ones I had but I have 3 of the Cerulean files listed as corrupted.  Polamile Commerce Center, Nascruss Plaza and Carpathage Condos.... Who and how should I send these files if you want them.  They are original zips from long ago and I have not tested to see if the are corrupted but I can copy the files to my plugins folder without problems.
"You learn something new everyday."

http://img517.imageshack.us/img517/169/nhpjplumbleykv3.gif
Bringing the new horizons closer to reality.

Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ Dedgren ♦ Ennedi Shadow Assassin ♦  Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
Street Addon Mod - SAM

Cali

i remember i uploaded a few maps that were really good(back before terraformer came out) and i got shut down before anyone downloaded them. the reason, someone had already made them. which wasn't true. anyways, it's nice to see alot of stuff coming here.   :)
"It's not a design flaw, It's my signature"

cammo2003

Just a note to say that many of the dependency packages uploaded to the PLEX aren't working and hence need to be transferred ASAP. If it would help the BSC in prioritisation of uploads to here, I'd be happy to sort through the ones there and provide a list of which ones are borked so they can be uploaded here.  (I don't fully agree with what has happened on either side, but I support your right to act as you have, and will not haul out abuse for doing so).

Of particular note is MattB's mega prop pack, which isn't available anywhere at present as it was only ever uploaded there and the download there is borked (which I noticed to my dismay, as I have a brown box on some of his more recent lots).  ???

Diggis

Whats wrong with the packs on PEGS?  I have a few from there with no problems.

greenbelt

Im with diggis re PLEX dependency files.  When I reinstalled my plugins folder I first started with the PLEX stuff.  All works great.

vab423

I'm with Greenbelt whose with Diggis on this one.  Which lots specifically are 'borked' (I assume that means screwed up) other than Matt's, Cammo?  I've dl'd all of them from the Plex without any problems at all.

edit:  just to test I re-d/l'd Matt's prop pack and didn't see anything wrong with either the final transfer *or* the contents of the zip.  If you need more help troubleshooting or at least narrowing down your problem, I'd be happy to help.

"It is amazing what you can accomplish if you do not care who gets the credit."     - Harry S. Truman

Colyn

To VAB and Diggis ... thanks for your help here ... this is how a comunity should work ... I am proud to be in your company.

As for priority LEX uploads ... the original plan was to UPGRADE our old files on the STEX and release the UPGRADES on the LEX complete with a Cleanitol file for Plugin Management and redirect link on the STEX for it ... unfortunately the sudden deletion of redirected files on ST has made it impossible to do the transfer in a Internet Good Practice manner and now we have to do some unscheduled uploads first.
Come see CSX Play

toxicpiano

My, my! The STEX mods have gone crazy! Will Marrast's stuff have a permanent home here?
I find that alcohol, taken in sufficient quantities, can bring about all the effects of drunkenness.

Glenni

can't you please just keep Marrast's work at STEX? :(
I mean , they were on earlier, and technically it is someone else's work even though that you got the permission to reupload, don't forget that.

callagrafx

Marrast was not a member of BSC and as far as I am aware, there are no plans to move his files....they were only uploaded by BSC after they were lost.
The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it

Colyn

Marrast files that will come to the LEX will be properly modded and placed into collections and in Installers. What is is on the STEX will stay as it is ... that is the Marrast files.
Come see CSX Play

mjig_dudy

Do you have permission to upload marrast's files onto the LEX. I don't believe you got specific permission from marrast himself to mange the uploading of his files (correct me if I'm wrong).

Where as re-uploading to the stex made sense because they were already there before, Uploading to the LEX, without marrast's specific permission, does not

callagrafx

If you read Colyn's post you will see that Marrast's stuff will be re-modded and repackaged...which means that the modder will have the right to upload them, and I guarantee that Marrast will be credited.  You're not trying to start a fight, are you?
The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it

mjig_dudy

Thank you for your reply callagrafx, and no, i am not trying to start a fight, and i am sorry if it seemed that way

Yes, i did read Colyn posts. But however many times i re-read it, it still sounds to me like you are uploading marrast's work, without his permission. Unless, of course, you link marrast's SC4model files as a dependency. I'm sorry if I am missing something really obvious

Doc

I just want to take a minute here and say Thank You to ALL at BSC for the work you have created and shared as well as for the re-uploading and modification of some old defunct files. For whatever reason, some seem to get bent out of shape at the mention of BSC. I applaud your efforts, your creations and sharing them with the community. Without your work, my cities would not be what they are today. I'm also glad to see that the files are being uploaded to a reliable server site where I can actually download and access them if I want.

Just wanted you to know you do have some fans out here that are grateful for the contributions you have made to the game. Everything I've downloaded had been of the highest quality and calibre. Thank you again!
...Doc  aka Doxxp29

jeronij

Quote from: mjig_dudy on February 08, 2007, 09:14:23 AM
Thank you for your reply callagrafx, and no, i am not trying to start a fight, and i am sorry if it seemed that way

Yes, i did read Colyn posts. But however many times i re-read it, it still sounds to me like you are uploading marrast's work, without his permission. Unless, of course, you link marrast's SC4model files as a dependency. I'm sorry if I am missing something really obvious

If my memory does not fail, Simtropolis did allow the complete loose of ALL marrast files. I dont remember that them (ST staff) made the minimun effort to recover these files ( and many many other that have been lost thanks to their unresponsabilty).

Again,  if my memory does not fail , the BSC team freely shared his time and efforts to allow the files to be used again for the whole community.

Finally, marrast was not a BSC member, but I consider him my friend because we joined to make some small ( and not so small) projects some years ago. I tried to contact him without success about his files. My opinion is then, that it is a tribute to him having his files in our LEX. I dont mean they should be removed from anywhere. Only he could give the permission for that. But they can be hosted here, as long as he says he dont want them published here.

Enough discussion about this matter. Thanks.
I am currently not active - Please, contact Tarkus for any site related matter. Thanks for enjoying SC4D :D

Autism Awareness;  A Father Shares
Mallorca My Mayor Diary