• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Show us your rural/suburban transitions

Started by metasmurf, August 12, 2008, 05:23:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

metasmurf

I've grown quite found of rural/suburban transitions, both in SC4 and in real life. Here's a few examples of mine.

bat

Beautiful shots there of that wonderful suburb and its transitions!!! :thumbsup:
Great work on them, metasmurf! ;)

Simpson

Fine pics there, great rural/suburban transition
Some pics are very réalistic :thumbsup:
My new city is now here
The région of Kaikoura

Teaser of Lopsas[+ How did I do it?]:Lopsas

frdrcklim

300... 200... 100... 50... 40... 30... 20... 10

Yep, I still got it.

j-dub

Heres mine. I thought these street lights, and that rural road textures made this realistic.

If your interested in this stuff
New Streetlights by Interstate 80
New Dashed Road Texture in the works by Videosean

Simpson

My new city is now here
The région of Kaikoura

Teaser of Lopsas[+ How did I do it?]:Lopsas

bat

Nice picture there, j-dub! Looks beautiful! :thumbsup:

RBC

Just to bump this thread, which deserves much more attention. Like Metasmurf I do love the transition between urban and rural - not least in SC4 because it's so difficult to recreat in a realistic manner. Inspired by sumwonyuno and the latest - and very inspirational - chapter of his MD, I have created a marshy plain, with much more succes, than I'm used to:

FleshaR34

Rural to suburban transitions are some of my favorite. I have a few pics from my old cities lying around, il try and get them up soon. Very nice pics so far!!

j-dub

If it wasn't for those maxis streets, I would have mistaken this for a real picture. Whatever ground mod your using does the trick, but the landscape detail all together are very realistic.

FleshaR34

This is my first attempt at uploading pics, so look out  ::)

I wish i still had these cities, but they unfortunately got wiped out so im starting all over again.

RBC

Very good, Flesha - you should definately upload more of your stuff!

Quote from: j-dub on January 20, 2010, 07:23:04 PM
If it wasn't for those maxis streets, I would have mistaken this for a real picture. Whatever ground mod your using does the trick, but the landscape detail all together are very realistic.

Actually the terrain mod isn't that exotic - it's the Meadowshire TM. Anyway, not much of the plain ground is visible. It's all coveret with different sorts of ploppable flora.

Floydian

Quote from: FleshaR34 on January 20, 2010, 10:00:58 PM
This is my first attempt at uploading pics, so look out  ::)

I wish i still had these cities, but they unfortunately got wiped out so im starting all over again.
I have been searching over a year for the light that you are using in the middle of the RHW in the second picture. The double-headed cobra-neck posts. Where did you get them?

Now if there was only a variation that placed it on a concrete tall-wall running through the centre.

Girafe

Very nice pics RBC & Floydian  &apls

transition are looking good between concrete and nature  ;)

the RHW is very worked  :thumbsup:
The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    * 

Floydian

Quote from: Girafe on January 24, 2010, 05:16:40 PM
Very nice pics RBC & Floydian  &apls

transition are looking good between concrete and nature  ;)

the RHW is very worked  :thumbsup:

No credit for me, I'm quoting FleshaR34. I want to know where the lights in the picture were gotten from.