• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Call for RTMT Team Members, Associates, and Testers

Started by z, September 08, 2008, 08:26:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

z

RTMT Team Members

The RTMT Team is currently looking for several new members to assist in the creation of custom content for new RTMT features.  We are looking for people who have a record of producing high quality work.

First and foremost, we are looking for people with good BATting skills.  This will be necessary for creating various props and textures.  Knowledge and experience of creating overhanging lots as well as making proper diagonal versions of existing props (for diagonal RTMT stations) would be especially useful.  Previous experience working with transit stations in general is definitely helpful, though not necessary.

If you are interested in joining the RTMT Team, please either post here or send me a PM.  Please include a brief description of your experience (a few sentences is fine), and a pointer to some of your relevant work (any uploads on exchanges would be great).

RTMT Associates

For people who are interested in contributing to RTMT on a more informal basis, the position of RTMT Associate exists.  RTMT Associates typically volunteer for certain projects or certain tasks; these may either be projects or tasks already proposed, or those proposed by an Asssociate.  Alternatively, Associates may simply donate props, textures, or even whole projects to RTMT.  If you would like to become an RTMT Associate, please post or PM with a little info about your background, and let me know what you would like to do or would like to contribute.

RTMT Testers

We are also looking for testers for RTMT.  On one hand, we are looking for general testers, and people interested in this position should either be using or be willing to use RTMT fairly extensively throughout their cities.  We will also be looking for testers for specific projects.  The first of these will be for the Underground Rail RTMT, so if you use Underground Rail and would like to test out the new RTMT stations, please let me know.

Followup

People who have expressed interest in becoming RTMT Team Members or Associates will be contacted directly by me.  For testers, simply letting me know you want to be a tester, and in what capacity, is sufficient; you will automatically become a member of our testing group.

Thank you for your interest in RTMT!

zakuten

I could definitely find the time to be a tester; I currently don't have any mega-sized cities, but I do use RTMT almost exclusively. I'd definitely be interested in helping you test new additions.
Visit my MD Respublikii Anaksii , or the reboot CJ "Kara`i Shores" since the region wiped, at http://www.simtropolis.com/cityjournals/?p=toc&id=919 !
All comments are welcome! (Hopefully someday I can re-splice 'em together, but we'll see)

z

That's fine; mega-sized cities definitely are not necessary to be an RTMT tester.  Thanks for your offer, and I'll put you on the testers list.

cogeo

Yup, z is right, this should better be tested on small- and medium-sized cities too, and I would also add less dense (suburban), or even rural cities, not just on dense and congested metropolises.
So please, take a backup of your region as it is now! If your region develops further, this backup can prove a valuable testbed!  :)

And, thank you for your interest, and your offer to test these!

Meastro444

i volunteer as a tester as well

currently i am reinstalling my whole plugins, with a Wordfile included. i am installing CAM as well, so that might be an advantage, albeit a slight one ;). i preferably create small towns, but i intend to create a large region, developing from that one small town in just the right place ;).

thanks

Meastro444

(edit: Grammar ;))
Friend of the Certified Drama Queen :)

z

I have created the new position of RTMT Associate, which is designed for people who wish to contribute to RTMT on a more informal basis than that RTMT Team Members.  Full details can be found in the first post in this thread.

I am also happy to see the response for RTMT Testers.  However, we can always use more testers.  Testers will receive high-quality beta releases which have already gone through extensive testing.  So if you would like to help us out and get access to new RTMT features before their general release, please post or PM.  Be the first on your (simulated) block to get the latest RTMT features!  Once again, applications for testers are automatically accepted.

wes.janson

I would love to help test these lots for you. I wish I had more skills beyond basic lotting to help more, but anything else eludes me.

Henrik Sedin: 82gp 29g 83a 112p - 2009/2010 Art Ross/Hart Trophy winner!

b22rian

Ive thought about getting more involved than just the testing role also..

But I get too lazy sometimes... :-[

I work very hard in the summer so maybe when work slows down I can take a more active role here

besides just a tester in some other capacity.. im not trying to put down the testing role though,

i know thats a very important aspect in newer content like this.. I just feel I have the ability maybe

to go beyond that in time...

I think everyone here though is doing great so far.. and this is a very active part

of sim devotion right now..

Brian

z

If there's anyone interested in creating DAMN menus for RTMT, please let me know.  If they're ready in time, we can even include them in RTMT V4.0.

z

We currently have a real need for a graphics designer, a texture designer, or someone who does both kinds of work.  And we have plenty of work to do, so we certainly have room for multiple people.  For example, stations for diagonal roads and avenues are one of our most requested features, and we would like to implement them soon.  But they present a unique set of challenges in that in order to look at all realistic, diagonal versions of existing props need to be made.  And of course, there also need to be diagonal road textures and markings as well.  This is just one of the projects we need to do; if there's something specific you'd like to do, we'd be happy to talk to you about that.  Please either post here, or send me a PM.

Also, not everyone at SC4D reads this board, so if you're not in a position to help us out, but know someone who is (or might be), please let them know about this.  Thanks!

Diggis

Quote from: z on September 28, 2008, 03:07:25 AM
If there's anyone interested in creating DAMN menus for RTMT, please let me know.  If they're ready in time, we can even include them in RTMT V4.0.

If you can DAT the files into how you want them split up in the DAMN I'll see what I can do.  I still need to sort out the textures I did as lot textures too.  I'll try take a look tonight.

cggg

if you ever need more testers, I would love to help out. I use this as my only MT besides railway.

z

The RTMT Team is going to be putting out a package containing a number of new components in the near future, including the RTMT SAM stations that have recently been displayed.  Due to the number of features in this package, we would like to have it tested beforehand by as many people as possible.  If you would like to participate in this test, please post here or send me a PM, and you will automatically be added to our list of testers.  If you have previously volunteered to be a tester for RTMT, you need do nothing; you will be contacted as soon as the package is ready for testing.

WC_EEND

RIP Adrian (adroman), you were a great friend

My LOT thread                                    

SCAG BAe146/Avro RJ Project

pierreh

I volunteer to be a RTMT Tester. Although I started only recently to use RTMT, it did not take me long to be convinced of its value and I am now busy with both retrofitting it in established cities and applying it to a new city currently under construction. Testing new features will also mean getting more involved with a number of interesting aspects in the game, applying more mods, etc. I have a strong interest in mobility-related matters, both in RL and in the game.

ramseyazad

I'm newish with the RTMT but I'd like to test it - I can almost always break stuff!  I've done a number of cities with the glr-in-avenues and really liked the effect, especially combined with the GLR. 

PEdoubleNIZZLE

I volunteer to be a RTMT tester if you're still taking testers. I almost exclusively use RTMT.
-Josh

z

We've had a fair amount of attrition among testers in the past few months; if you've already agreed to be a tester, it would be great if you could test out RTMT V3.60 Part 4 - GLR Transitions and DAMN Menus.  This beta contains the GLR-to-Subway transitions recently displayed on the RTMT Creations board, as well as a full set of DAMN menus for all RTMT stations built up to this point, including the SAM and El stations currently in beta test.

If you're not already a tester, and would like to join the beta testing group, please either post here or send me a PM, and I will be happy to add you to the testers group.  I simply ask that all testers do make reports of their findings.

Meanwhile, I would also appreciate it if the rest of the RTMT Team would do whatever testing they have time for here, as it is important to get these features thoroughly tested before the general release.  Full testing instructions, as well as access to the beta release, can be found in the abovementioned post.

igerould

westamastaflash

I'd be interested in testing if you still need people.