• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Slip Sliding Trees

Started by Doc, February 25, 2007, 12:43:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doc

I noticed a strange phenomenon last night and I was wondering if anyone else has noticed this. I went into god mode to plant some trees in an existing city. As the trees dropped, many of them started hopping around. They would slide over to another corner of the tile or into the next tile. No pattern to the direction, area or elevation. It would happen with just plopped trees as well as ones that had been there. Really weird. They never moved further than one tile away and it didn't seem to have any negative effect on the overall forest. Happened with about one third of the trees that were plopped. I've never seen this happen before. And no, I wasn't drinking absinthe or anything. ()what()
...Doc  aka Doxxp29

Gaston

Yeah Doc I have seen this happen also.    I have know idea why it happens though.   I have not noticed any negative effects, except that the trees are not exactly where I tried to put them.

---Gaston
白龍

They say that the memory is the second thing that goes....
...dang , I wish I could remember the first.
WooHoo made Councilman - 05 FEB 07 Yipee made Mayor - 13 MAR 07 Hip Hip Hooray made Governor - 04 AUG 07 Rock On made Senator - 15 MAR 09

wouanagaine

New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren ♦ emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley
M4346 ♦ moganite ♦ Papab2000 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
Divide wouanagaine by zero and you will in fact get one...one bad-ass that is - Alek King of SC4

Doc

I wish I could send a pic, but it happens so fast, I don't think it could be captured. They just kind of "slip" a little bit over within the tile or to the next tile within a fraction of a second. I don't think it's possible to record it.
...Doc  aka Doxxp29

jeronij

It is normal as far as I know. I am not aware of a solution, sorry.
I am currently not active - Please, contact Tarkus for any site related matter. Thanks for enjoying SC4D :D

Autism Awareness;  A Father Shares
Mallorca My Mayor Diary

Fred_Ginger

I've never seen that (or maybe not paid attention?) but I did end up with trees in the middle of my raised highway - well the tops were sticking up in the roadbed, looked pretty silly! &mmm
My name is Vicki
Fred and Ginger were my doggies
RIP my babies

Gaston

Wouanagaine & jeronij,
     I only see it occur while I am "planting" the trees.    I don't think you could even get a screen shot of the effect if you wanted to.    Like I said though, it is more of an annoyance than a problem.     It is just sort of disturbing to see the trees you just "planted" jump around like that.   LOL

---Gaston
白龍

They say that the memory is the second thing that goes....
...dang , I wish I could remember the first.
WooHoo made Councilman - 05 FEB 07 Yipee made Mayor - 13 MAR 07 Hip Hip Hooray made Governor - 04 AUG 07 Rock On made Senator - 15 MAR 09

pvarcoe

I have observed a simliar phenomenon when using the God Mode controller for trees (cycledogg's specifically).

When you are planting the trees, you reach a maximum density of trees plantable in a given space.
I think that is determined by the tree controller.

If you continue to plant trees in the same spot (even after reaching maximum density) the controller will plant more trees, but remove other trees to maintain what it percieves as the appropriate maximum density of trees. It happens so quickly it appears like trees are moving. But I think there are just new trees being planted and others being removed.

I could be wrong, but that is how it seems to me.

Doc

That's exactly what I was trying to say Gaston. I don't think a screenshot is possible.

Pvareco it happens to me even when I'm planting on a blank tile. Everything else is like you say.

Aside from being annoying, I haven't noticed any horrible effects other than like Fred Ginger notes, which is having a tree appear on a house or highway. I then have to bulldoze and rebuild, which can be a pain.

...Doc  aka Doxxp29