• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Neighbour Deals

Started by Kitsune, February 15, 2009, 05:55:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kitsune

Is there any way a mod could be made so I can buy/sell more power at the beginning instead of the default 1000? Right now I use a slightly modded nuclear power plant that has a capacity of 1500000  ::), only problem is I have is that the power lines are crossing five tiles to get to my starting point, and its kinda troublesome opening up each tile to modify the power deal. A mod that would allow me to choose from 1000 to 1500000 would be what I'm looking for, so I could export all of it to one tile and then spread out among the other tiles. Also, something similiar for water and trash would be nice.
~ NAM Team Member

sumwonyuno

If you mean, mod the lowest possible electrical excess requirement (1000 MWh to 1500000), I don't know if you could mod that exact value.  If you could, then power deals in your gameplay won't be available until you have that new amount of excess electricity.  IMO, I don't think that would be necessary.  You already, in any city with excess electricity, can sell to cities demanding electricity.  Neighbor deals need both supply and demand.  You won't be able to give more than 1000 Mw-h of power to an empty city; the deals will scale with the demand and be capped by the supply.  Unfortunately, you pretty much have to go thru every tile and update the neighbor deals between each respective city tile.  There's no auto-electrification; each city tile needs Mayor approval ::).  You can't get around this, I believe.

Water and trash have the same issue, though I'd recommend you should deal with those two more "closer to home".  Pumps aren't so obvious since they're quite small, and you only have to worry about placing it away from water pollution and aging; there's no (SimCity) reason to build it out any pumps outside the immediate neighbors of where there's demand.  As for trash, there are plenty of threads on this annoying part of the game.  Anyways, the game was not developed to be managed at the region level, so we're stuck managing our neighbors like we don't own the place.

The City & County of Honolulu, a Mayor Diary based on Honolulu, Hawai'i.

mark's memory address - I've created a blog!

Kitsune

I'm thinking if I have Tile A sell tile B 750KMW, then tile B sell tile C 500KMW, and and then tile C sells 250KMW to tile D, thats what I want to accomplish.
~ NAM Team Member

sumwonyuno

Here's the strategy that I use to get power across empty city tiles:  temporarily build power plants in them and then tailor the power deals so they are buy/selling at whatever you want them to.

For example, start with City A selling excess power to B.  Go into B, build a power plant, sell to C, ... , repeat until you reach E.  You don't have to unpause, just open, build, deal, then save.  Granted, by not building those power plants, by the time you reach E, you might not get the same amount as you got from A's city deal, since the game keeps part of it for reserve in each city tile.  Building the power plant in each tile overcomes that behavior.  The furthest you should go is "balancing" the deals (the amount you buy from the previous city tile is the amount you sell to the following city).  If you do sell > buy, this strategy might fall apart, when you do some of the later steps.

Next, build a small town City E, it doesn't have to be much, or build something that requires power.  This will tell you if the strategy is working.  If Sims are building/using the power from D, in City E, it's time to demolish the temporary power plants.  Go into B, remove the power plant, check to see if the neighbor deals (buy and sell) are still there.  In my experience, they should be, they just will have either a single KWH value or Cancel Deal for the sell.  Repeat for C and D.  If all goes well, when you go into City E, no-power-zots should not appear.

I've done this strategy over a mountain range in my region, powering one side of the range with power from the other.  As for your plan, you can then play in City B, C, D, and it should all work.  Just make sure sell < buy.  But you'd still have to go through each city tile if you're running out of power.  The above strategy can also be adapted if you need to "force" a power deal:  temporarily build a power plant, so the simulation sees enough excess power to spur a deal, then remove the power plant.

The City & County of Honolulu, a Mayor Diary based on Honolulu, Hawai'i.

mark's memory address - I've created a blog!

RippleJet

The Neighbour Deals Tuning Exemplar contains 14 properties setting the criteria for neighbour deals.

The mod I'm enclosing to this post changes the following property:

NDa_MaxOverDemandFactorForBuyer   
from 2.5
  to 25

That property should allow a neighbouring city to buy up to 25 times its need (so that it can sell the surplus to other neighbours).
I haven't tested this myself, so please test it out and tell me if it fulfills your needs.

Kitsune

It actually didnt affect it all.
~ NAM Team Member

Kuewr665

It worked really well for me. Before then I could not get neighbor deals large enough to sell more to a neighboring city without tedious loading.