• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Challenges

Started by mrbisonm, March 09, 2009, 07:08:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mrbisonm

This is where each Challenge will be posted.
Every 14 days, 10 days for you to post your challenge update and 4 days for us to figure out the points you earned for your last challenge and to prepare the next challenge.

««The challenges will be posted as regular as possible on a late friday night, so people will have 2 weekends in their 10 day period of accomplishing their task. It might happen sometimes a day later in some cases, all depending on our freetime.»»

ex:  Fri-Sat-Sun-Mon-Tue-Wed-Thr-Fri-Sat-Sun

Challenges come in small packages, most of the times two to three at a time, all depending on their difficulty.

Example: Challenge Number 1 will be:    A.   this and that
                                                     B.   the other this and that
                                                     C.   and only this.

Once a challenge was announced, the Players will have ten (10) days to fulfill the demand (unless otherwise stated). All entries after ten days from the date of the challenge post will be punished with serious negative points. (Read the Rules)
So don't waste your time. We will give enough time to do all the challenges that will take a few hrs of gameplay only and this in a ten day timelimit, which is way beyond the time you need. Please don't come crying and tell us you didn't have 1 or 2 hrs of freetime in ten days. You better have a darn good reason to do so.
If by any chance you cannot bring us a challenge update or two in time, let me know before by pm'ing me. We know things like getting too sick, studies or out of town trips can limit your time sometimes. We'll understand. Just let me know before.

Also every important newsflash that we have to give will be posted here, things like sudden changes etc.
Like a said, Keep an open eye on this thread all the time you're playing.

If you have questions about anything, including questions about the challenges that will be stated here, please post them in the Introduction and Discussion thread. This thread will stay locked and only Lynncanox, BarbyW and I will have access and permission to post here.

Good Luck everyone

mrb

....Uploading the MFP 1.... (.........Finishing the MFP1)

mrbisonm

Before we start in a week or so, let me all give you some hints and advice on how to play. I'm not saying you should play the region as we want it, contrary, but I give some points away here for you to make some better and faster points.

-  When building a town or city or whatever, make sure to add some nature to the scene. I am talking about trees, rocks, fields, gravel etc. You know that natural stuff that we have in real life all over the place. Don't build them in downtown though, no, build them where they naturally and usually are....and hey....don't overdo it neither. If it looks artificial, bahhh.....especially I will not give you great credit for this.

-  Just keep everything simple and as natural as possible.

-  Before making pictures put the game into Pause, turn on all the details and shadows etc, change the view and come back so it takes effect in the game and make sure the gridmarks are gone (hit the letter G for them to appear or disappear)

-  Always take the picture from the most interesting or beautiful side, sometimes it is worth waiting for a special car to pass, or a truck, or a train etc. When I make pictures everything is on high and I await the right moment to have either cars, trains, ships, airplanes and Sims  in the picture. That can take a few minutes, but gives a lot of life to it, and maybe some extra points.

-  Please do not convert your pictures in photoshop that much that we have trouble seeing what is supposed to be on it.

-  Take your time building the challenge, if you don't like, start over, and please do not be stresses, that is the last thing we want.

-  Don't take this challenge to seriously , don't make it a nerfwrecking competition. We're here to have fun and nothing else but fun, and besides we might learn something from each other like building SC4 differently and meet new folks and ........did I mention to have fun?

If you need help with something, let us know in the Introduction and Discussion Board. Either I or someone is always there to help.

Have fun now

mrb

mrbisonm

We finally have an Official Date:

Monday the 16th of march 2009 will be the Official Beginning of the BORDERTOWN Challenge.

We have figured out that we will be ready to confront you by that time. Our last revisions will be done this weekend and the first challenge will be posted on Monday night at around 19:00 hrs New york time.

This time only we will allow you 14 days to create your region and fill the demands of the challenge which will be very easy for everyone to begin with. We will start Sheeplike and finish Lionlike, from very easy to quite challenging. After this , regular timelimits will be applied, giving us 4 days to recover, prepare and count the points and then 10 days for your next challenge everytime after.

Good luck to everyone and make sure to have fun.

lynncanox and mrbisonm

mrbisonm

Important for those who didn't join yet:

Here is something important we would like to add as for the Challenge.

The Challenge will start tomorrow (Monday March16th at around noon NY time. The first challenge will be posted and instructions will be given how and when things have to be finished.

We will not close the doors to enroll right away, but keep the Joining thread open until Sunday midnight, March 22nd, 2009 (NY Time).
So for those who didn't join or for those who didn' have the time to join, this will be your last chance.

But........, there is a condition. You have to follow the rules and finish the first challenge given tomorrow at the same time as all the other members, which is by Wednesday Midnight (NY time) March 25th, 2009. If you can't make it, you're out...well...too late I mean. Sorry, but we have to draw line somewhere.

I hope you understand that we cannot take new members for the GRV II Challenge 2009 after that delay. Maybe next year or later this year.

Wishing you all luck and have lots of fun, are You ready?

mrb and lynncanox

BarbyW

I am ready and waiting (im)patiently ;D
Inside every old person is a young person wondering what happened. TP

Barbypedia: More alive than the original

mrbisonm

I have to add something to the Challenges, and that is the picture issue.

When we ask you to show a certain amounts of pictures, please respect this. If you show less than asked for, we will give you a penalty. And don't show more than asked for, this will only confuse us and add more work for us to find the right picture.

If you want to show other pics do this in your regular starting thread and NOT in the Challenge's thread. We judge only what is in the Challenge thread.

Another thing that turned up often is the question of photoshopping.
Yes, you are allowed to do all the photoshopping you like as long as we can recognize that the original picture comes from SC4. But you are NOT allowed to add anything like traffic, fields, bldgs, roads, trails etc or hide anything and alter the picture itself.

Below is a copy of page 1 of the Challenge 1 thread:

Ok, let me get that picture taking and uploading clear here.

You are allowed to photoshop (or whatever program you have) how and what you want with your pictures in any way (no limitations) , as long as the pictures you upload can be recognizable that they were taken ingame of SC4. Adding of flowers, bldg's, roads, fences, people, cars, ships, creeks, rocks etc and other simcitystuff etc with any paint program is NOT allowed, meaning that only what actually was in the game at the time the picture was taken is to be seen on the picture. But you can add lighting, lettering, logos and everything else that cannot be found in the game itself on, beside, above or under your picture. Make your pictures big enough, so we can see what you have to show.

No other pictures than those mentioned in the Challenge are allowed to be in this update! If you want to show more pictures of anything else, you can show them after you have finished and uploaded your challenge, but only in your regular thread and not in the Challenge thread.

Here is just an example of what you can do with a paint program. You can see what I want you to see (the building and the garbage around it) is very well visible to us, no other things have been added to the pictures, like cars, boxes etc that weren't already there in the game. We can still see that this picture comes from the game. I made it a little extreme for this demonstration.

Sorry, but I'm no good with photoshop or paint but I hope the picture question is clear enough now..

Thank you!

mrb