• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

show us your... city parks!

Started by eljacko, March 21, 2007, 11:51:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

eljacko

I'm surprised this thread hasn't been made yet.  Anyway, do you have a park in your city you're particularly proud of?  Show us!

One of my favorite parts of the game is designing a nice looking park, and here are two of mine that I both really like and are rather distinct in their designs (in my opinion at least).  Click on either to see them real-size (note: they're both rather large images!)

I had this big, flat area by the water and I really wanted to use SOMY's big statue, and this park was the result of it.  I really like how the sports fields fit in with the BSC paths.

This one is built right in the middle of part of my downtown area, and was created out of a desire for me to mix deadwoods' raised parks with the BSC paths.  I'm pleased with the results.
- el jacko and such

Krio

Well not BIG park, but Kaupunginpuisto is offical city park of Kissala.

wouanagaine

New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren ♦ emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley
M4346 ♦ moganite ♦ Papab2000 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
Divide wouanagaine by zero and you will in fact get one...one bad-ass that is - Alek King of SC4

TheTeaCat

Fabulous pics  &apls &apls

eljacko : Great idea for the thread :D.  Nice parks too but doesn't the noise from the traffic affect performances in the ampitheatre?

Bengt : You have some good landscape designers in your employ. The park is a credit to your city  :D

Wouanagaine :  Stunning work as always and how do you do the animated pic?

keep it up folks :thumbsup:

:satisfied:
TTc
Kettle's on. Milk? Sugars?    ps I don't like Earl Grey  $%Grinno$%
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle - If you're not part of the solution , you're part of the problem!
"Never knock on Death's door: Ring the bell and run away! Death really hates that!"
Tales at TeaTime      Now A proper NUT      TTC plays GRV II

jacqulina

Citynut

Great pics everyone - Bengt nice building you have centered in that fabulous park - Gee I wonder who did that building  :D
I'm nutty and I Bat and they're coming for me with the white coats again

Bongoswimp

You nutty nut! $%Grinno$%
And I still say this building looks like a railway station. :P
I'm the Knight of Spamalot
And I like to push the pram a lot

praiodan

bat

Wonderful parks @ all! :thumbsup:
Nice animation, wouanagaine! :thumbsup:

U3D

Great parks, here's my riverside park and then some.

Krio

Vapaudenportti // Gate of Liberty near Ullanlinna, Qaddro

Left behind the gate is old Custom's house and right side is old Immigration office. Once it was first thing what immigrants saw when coming to Qaddro, now it is a popular tourist attaraction and national monument. Front of Vapaudenportti is memorial park of Unknown Marine.

flame1396

Who'd want to imigrate to Qaddro???  :D kidding

I love wounagaine's park
The most astounding and unique aspect of the human race is our fervent application of our ingenuity to kill each other, thus completely defying the near-universally proven fact that the ultimate goal of a member of a species is to ensure the survival of the species.

Masochist

This is about the only one I have...

(Under Construction)

KyNYC

Masochist-
What an awesome park!!!!

gt6282

wow! This is my first post here.. I just need to.. um.. wow! That is awesome! Where did you get that park btw?

Diggis

Quote from: TheTeaCat on April 09, 2007, 04:25:15 PM
Wouanagaine :  Stunning work as always and how do you do the animated pic?

I noticed that no one replied to your Question.  There are a couple of ways, but I personally use Adobe ImageReady CS which will export to Flash, and you can upload Flash animations here.

If you are interested PM me and I will explain indepth how to do it, or find the thread at Pegs where we looked into it.

serenity086

:) Well, this is my first time posting pictures in the forums  :)
Here are two images of my parks in the town of Ransylva.

Here is one side of the park, which is surrounded by commercial services and some high wealth residential zones.

Across the street is the continuation of the park. Now that i look at this pic i think i could really use some type of fence around the railroad tracks  &mmm (should really think about park safety)

Come Visit Murdock Valley

KyNYC

Serenity-
Really, really nice!!! 

Livin in Sim

Hi, everyone,

You have put together some really nice parks! eljacko, a person doesn't see those raised parks used nearly enough to do them justice.  That is a nice result, I would love some close ups.  Krio, nice museum, is it?  And what is the building just off the left edge?  Your little island is very unique, only accessible by ferry.  That animation is great, wouanagaine, do tell how it was done.  masochist, I love the dreamy effect of yours, and so did a lot of others in the contest, wonder how it looks at night?  Really nice work, all.

The city park of my Robertson is pretty large for a small village, but the inhabitants are big into family reunions, concerts in the park, frisbee, group barbecues, company picnics, what have you, so I made plenty of room.

Every Sunday evening in the summer Melodies In The Park, featuring various local talent, begins at 6 at the Seaton Memorial Bandshell.  Come one, come all, bring the kids, and afterward everyone goes for ice cream at Denny's.

For those whole love to steal away amid the hubbub, the Tierney Tower welcomes you to it's quiet knoll for meditation and a great view of the village and surrounding countryside.

Thanks for taking a Friday evening stroll in Robertson City Park.

Bye for now.

--Liv

figui

this is one i have a picture of.
resolution is not that good and cars can't be seen..
city park around the city hall (the area still needs some details)

btw: how can i post a picture bigger than that? i don't like small previews that redirect you to a bigger one..
first forums inhabitant from Uruguay..   first forums citizen from Uruguay..  first forums councilman from Uruguay..   first forums mayor from Uruguay..  first forums governor from Uruguay..
...i'm still the only one from Uruguay!

________