• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

GRV-II Challenge No 6A Intermezzo

Started by mrbisonm, June 29, 2009, 07:08:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mrbisonm

Like I mentioned before , the next Challenge is not a challenge but more of a challenge pause, but you will still have to build things in your region in the next two weeks or so.
We will be posting this late tomorrow evening (tuesday)
Thank you for your patience.

Fred and Lynn

....Uploading the MFP 1.... (.........Finishing the MFP1)

mrbisonm

CHALLENGE 6A INTERMEZZO

As I mentioned before, this is not a real challenge and therefore no points will be given except for a Bonus point to those who were able to do what we ask for in time.

But this has to be done to be able to continue, because it will be needed for the next 3 challenges, so please do it and do it right. Thank you.

You will have to increase your region-population to over 125,000 (Residentials) and need at least one (1) citytile (anyone) with a population of a minimum of 40,000 sims (Residentials).
If you already have more than this, then partially this is done for you.
We also need to have an approximatif 20 % of your region filled with agriculture. Again, if you already have it then this is done for you.

To show this time in your Intermezzo Update:

1.   1 Regional picture where we can see the whole region and also the population in Satelite View. (ingame picture) This is to see the regional population and the cities.

2.   1 Regional picture where we can see the whole region and also the population in Transportationmap View. (ingame picture) This is to see the agricultural percentage of your region.

3.   1 Picture in view 1 of the citytile indicating the popluation of minimum 40K sims. (ingame picture) This is to see the population and the City.

Deadline for this, and we hope that everyone will catch up with this pausem, will be on July 18th, 2009 at midnight, N.Y. time. Please don't tell us you didn't have the time this time again..........this really isn't hard to do.

Thanks all and Good Luck. This will help everyone to catch up and also give us the time to finish, organize and upload the points for the last three challenges. We will be back with Challenge 7 after this and hopefully you're up to it.

Lynn and Fred

Pat

Sweetness intermission mission!!!! hehehehe I should be able to get this one done no time flat  ;D  I think I got the population no problem and also the farming down at 20 %

BTW Fred question is it 40K sims you want or 50K???

QuoteYou will have to increase your region-population to over 125,000 (Residentials) and need at least one (1) citytile (anyone) with a population of a minimum of 40,000 sims (Residentials).

3.   1 Picture in view 1 of the citytile indicating the popluation of minimum 50K sims. (ingame picture) This is to see the population and the City.

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

mrbisonm

Sorry Pat, there was an error. Lynn and I were disussing whether we should ask for 40 or 50K and finally we agreed to 40K, so 40K it is. I corrected it in the challenge too. Thanks for stating that one out!

Fred

Pat

Thank you Fred for the clarification there on that one...

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

soulchaser

AAAAH..great... I reached these numbers right yesterday evening :D

Recently Iced

You might also visit my participitation in GRVII - Bordertown!

jmyers2043

Here I am sounding like a newbee again. . . . I see in Barbys Satelitte Transportation view that I can see blue, green, and yellow zones. Now Pat's Transport view is like mine. All zones are cream in color. What is the secret to display the color coded zones? Or is the problem my graphics card?

Jim Myers  (5th member of SC4 Devotion)

CasperVg

That might be the result of a transportation map mod being in action. You can find a few here (STEX), here (STEX) and here (STEX). Not sure which one gives you the effect you described, tho.
Follow my SimCity 4 Let's play on YouTube

MandelSoft

One question: may we touch the former Seperatists side too?

By the way, the challenge goes so far, so good. Just developed a city from almost nothing to 42K inhabitants. Region population is 110K, so I'll have to work on that (15K to go). As for the agriculture demand: I'm planned to do this on the former Seperatists side, because there is already a lot of agriculture there.

Best,
Maarten
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

BarbyW

The actual mod that I have that gives the RCI in region view is Tropod's TransportationMapModd

I have had it for so long that I had completely forgotten about it.
Inside every old person is a young person wondering what happened. TP

Barbypedia: More alive than the original

soulchaser

MRTNRLN : MrB said before, I think it was challenge 6, that we can built on the seperatists' side as long we don't rebuild to much. the main things should still be recognizable. (Does this word exist???  %wrd )

Recently Iced

You might also visit my participitation in GRVII - Bordertown!

mrbisonm

Quote from: mrtnrln on July 01, 2009, 06:56:34 AM
One question: may we touch the former Seperatists side too?

Best,
Maarten

We are back to normal with the separatists, so we can build whatever we like on the their former side, it is ours again, except making big changes of what has been ordered to do or/and is done by them. Everything else is like before.

Hint: Please keep in mind that in the last challenge we will have a serious look at the differences between the two sides.....remember....Bordertown?...two different nations....???

Fred

Splime

I have to say, this may take some time for me... I should have it done on time, but it will force me to change quite a bit with my region, considering that I barely had 40k in my whole region, let alone a single tile. I'm at 65k now, though I should be able to move faster soon since my Tile E is almost at 40k now.

As you can probably tell, I'm not really used to having cities that large... I have to say, GRV II has really forced us to play in a variety of different ways, and it's been great so far.

jmyers2043

QuoteI'm not really used to having cities that large

Glad to hear someone else will find this 'rest' challenging. And here I was thinking that I was the only one having to think hard . . .  &mmm

Jim Myers  (5th member of SC4 Devotion)

threestooges

Oh you're not the only one. I think the collective regional population of mine wasn't even 40k. I have it up to 55k now though with a couple tiles over 20k, so it's getting there. Just a matter of time. I'm working off my old laptop while the new one gets repaired so progress is a bit slow. Should be done soon hopefully.

metarvo

I didn't even have 10k total before starting Challenge 6A, so it's safe to say that my Bordertown region will be almost unrecognizable by the time this challenge is over.
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

TheTeaCat

Quote from: jmyers2043 on July 09, 2009, 02:38:19 PM
Glad to hear someone else will find this 'rest' challenging. And here I was thinking that I was the only one having to think hard . . .  &mmm

I must admit it was quite a challenge to reach the numbers required. I spent a whole weekend (glad the weather was so inclement ::) ) allowing me to play but even then it wasn't easy. Especially trying not to destroy what was already built.

I do admit that I find these challenges very beneficial. I find that it has really been fun playing  and has really made me think about the game in different ways.

My population was 28,790 and there has been quite a bit of development and I am actually quite pleased with the results. I have probably made things difficult for myself for the upcoming challenges but that's  half the fun of it really. 

It's fascinating seeing so many of the great players of SC4 taking part, how they complete the challenges and seeing the results of their interpretation of the instructions from the Guv'nor and the Rebels.

I am looking forward to the upcoming challenges ( do hope they are easy as promised  :D) and finding out how I done in the previous ones. :thumbsup:

Thank you Fred and Lynn for organizing and running GRV II.

regards
Derry

Right I'm off to put the kettle on  ::) Who fancies a cuppa?  ;D
Kettle's on. Milk? Sugars?    ps I don't like Earl Grey  $%Grinno$%
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle - If you're not part of the solution , you're part of the problem!
"Never knock on Death's door: Ring the bell and run away! Death really hates that!"
Tales at TeaTime      Now A proper NUT      TTC plays GRV II

Pat

BTW anyone else noticed the statement there in place of freds image?????

Sorry Pat 'bout the changes in your post, I accidently hit the modify button instead of the quote one and when I realized what I was doing.....well, most of your words were gone...darn, forgot that I had moderator power in this thread. Sorry...... /wrrd%&
Fred

mrbisonm

Quote from: Pat on July 10, 2009, 07:49:47 PM

BTW anyone else noticed the statement there in place of freds image?????

What do you mean by that? Images are fine....

And we thought most (or even all) of you had more than 100 K in your regions and Iwas the only one that had some 55K.....Funny though, this wasn't really a challenge, well at least not intended to be so, but I guess we will now have to consider and judge it as one.

We will post Challenge 7 on Wednesday night only, a question of finding the right time to be together, both of us, Lynn and me. Next weekend (in a week) we also will post the three latest judging, hopefully it will all be figured out by then and ready to upload.

So......should we consider Challenge 6A-Intermezzo as a challenge or not? Your Opinion?

Fred

Pat

I see Imageshack fixed the images now..... I look forward to challenge 7!!!