• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

GRV-II Challenge No 6A Intermezzo

Started by mrbisonm, June 29, 2009, 07:08:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jmouse

Quote from: mrbisonm on July 10, 2009, 09:18:46 PM
What do you mean by that?

Fred, it appears someone hacked the Image Shack Web site
and randomly substituted a rambling letter protesting "full disclosure" for some of the pictures. As Pat said, it appears the problem is now under control or at least being addressed.

Later...
Joan

threestooges

Change "some" in Joan's post to "many" but yeah, it looks like things are mostly back to normal, though if anyone has posted pics recently, they may have to be reposted.

As for 6a, I'd say leave it as it is. It'd be difficult to judge someone's ability to get their region population up. Either you do or you don't. Not sure how else it would be judged, and assuming everyone does it like they should anyway, it won't make an impact on the overall points.
-Matt

jmyers2043

Hi Fred - Good to see you're still with us.

Quoteas a challenge or not? Your Opinion?

Not necessary. I was speaking in gentle irony and meant my comment as humor. I enjoyed reading and got a good belly chuckle when others joined in with similar teasing of our governor.

City growth and farms can be a contradiction in the Sim world as you probably know. My style of play is to get the country side farms done THEN work on my main city. So I spent the first part of this intermission just playing the game in my normal style as I had left huge amounts of my region undeveloped pending future challenges.

This rest gave me an opportunity to grow all sectors. It could be a challenge depending on the 'criteria' that individual players put on themselves but not because of anything that you stressed or demanded.

Best Regards - Jim Myers

Jim Myers  (5th member of SC4 Devotion)

soulchaser

I'm seconding the others. No need for judgements ;)

the only thing that could be judged  beside the numbers we should reach is the differences between the two sides, what you can't do when differences ar not as obvious as mine are.

Recently Iced

You might also visit my participitation in GRVII - Bordertown!

metarvo

This is supposed to be an intermezzo, after all, so I don't think judging will be necessary.  On another note, this may be the hardest challenge I've done.  ::)
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

mrbisonm

I guess that'll gave the answer to my question. So the Intermezzo stays an Intermezzo and no judgements will be made, it would have been hard and difficult to judge on this anyways.
Glad to see that Imagshack is back, although I never realized that it was gone (hacked)

By the way......lol......Mr Myers, I am still with you and keeping a very close eye on you all. ;)
Have a nice weekend

Fred

....Uploading the MFP 1.... (.........Finishing the MFP1)

Pat

Quote from: Pat on July 10, 2009, 07:49:47 PM
BTW anyone else noticed the statement there in place of freds image?????

Sorry Pat 'bout the changes in your post, I accidently hit the modify button instead of the quote one and when I realized what I was doing.....well, most of your words were gone...darn, forgot that I had moderator power in this thread. Sorry...... /wrrd%&
Fred

Hey Fred I seen your edit and its no problem I could always rebragg to everyone about how fast I got my challenge done now with this new computer lol.... But I wont and just leave it at one hour and a few extra minutes lol.... Plus I am happy too that Imageshack is back under Imageshack control!!!

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

metarvo

Well, I started with a region of less than 10,000 at the start of Challenge 6A, and I've built it up to near 55,000, including one tile with over 40,000.  Building a big city is harder than I thought it would be, and RL issues have plagued me this week, so I must report that I won't get Challenge 6A in on time.  I will try to get in next week.
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

threestooges

Several technical issues have been pestering me and my game playing abilities these past several days. Things are back up and running, but a nice CTD today means challenge 6a is still on its way. Won't be long though.
-Matt

mrbisonm

Don't worry Matt, you're not the only one late, I haven't uploaded challenge 6a neither, not a technical problem, but more of a time problem......I'll have it by tonight or tomorrow.¸

Fred

....Uploading the MFP 1.... (.........Finishing the MFP1)

threestooges

Glad to hear it Fred. Wait... that came out wrong. Sorry to hear you've been short on time, but I'm glad to see I'm not the only one not there yet. Ah well, at least there are a few weeks for Ch7. Back to building.
-Matt

CabraBuitre

I, too, am finally almost done with challenge 6 and challenge 6A.  I should have them finished by tomorrow evening!

Check out Abelfarei!