• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

io_bg's lots (last updated 29.12.)

Started by io_bg, September 03, 2009, 02:07:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WC_EEND

congratulations with the new team &apls &apls

will the busstops also be released? Because I could really use them ::)
RIP Adrian (adroman), you were a great friend

My LOT thread                                    

SCAG BAe146/Avro RJ Project

tag_one

Many thanks for making and sharing these lots io_bg :thumbsup: I sure I'll use these quite a lot  ::)
Good luck with your new team btw! Looking forward to your future projects  ;)

io_bg

WC_EEND - Thanks! They might be released... I think first I'd better make more, then I will release them as a pack.
tag_one - Thank you! Actually, Arthur is working on something that will be released soon ;)
Visit my MD, The region of Pirgos!
Last updated: 28 November

Sciurus

L'atelier d'architecture
* * * * * Longwy * * * * *

art128

Congrats for our first upload Ioan !  :P &apls These 2x2 plaza looks quite wonderful my friend !  &apls
And long life to the EBLT !!!  &apls &apls
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

io_bg

Thank you, Sciurus and art128! :)
So, the bigger bus station is corrected. I'd like to ask you whether someone knows of good garage props that can be used in a bus depot (where buses are being repaired and kept during the night)?
Another question: do you think that it's worth uploading the relot of Wang Chau? (see the 1st post on the 1st page for picture)
Edit: the dependencies for it will be
Wang Chau Public Housing Estate
SG Marriot hotel (needed for the parking garage) here comes a question - will it be better if I replace the garage with a Maxis prop?
CP Prop Pack 2009a (for the seasonal trees)
BSC Textures vol 1
BSC Textures vol 2

art128

A little post just to let you know everyone, that the re-lotted version of the Wang-Chau is now available on the STEX !
Here's a direct link to download it.

If you find any problem with the LOT in the game, a dependencies link broken or anything like that, feel free to ask here, we'll try to reply as fast as possible.

Arthur / EBLTeam Co-Admin.
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

tcx

&apls I like your lots, they look great !!!!

io_bg

Thanks, tcx!
I'm back to show you two new lots. The first one is a relot of Campbell Mithun Tower. Its size is 6x4 tiles and includes an underground garage and a small garden. On the side there's a refreshment stand with some tables and chairs. I still have to add some people props as well as flowers or bushes in the empty planters.

The second one is a relot of City Tower Manchester. The size is the same. It also has an underground parking garage. After several crashes, I finally managed to take some pics of it. :angrymore:

At the moment I'm not planning to release them but if there's demand I will do that :)

ponnie

These relots look very good. I like your lotting style. On the second picture there's an odd shadow at the left side of the stairs, though.

And since there's always demand for good lots..... ;).

Andreas

Some trees seem to collide with the buildings a bit, but those are some pretty lots indeed. :)
Andreas

io_bg

ponnie - thank you; I noticed that shadow, too... I guess it's caused by the LOD of that prop.
Andreas - thanks, I corrected that! :thumbsup:
So, the relot of City Tower is on the STEX now! You can get it here! The Campbell Mithun Tower will appear on the STEX, too, but probably tomorrow.
Here's a lot I made (inspired by an Arthur's one ::))

I still have to change some things on it (an example is the grass on the parking lot ;)) and to put car props.

djvandrake

It looks very nice.  &apls The only thing I could suggest to add other than what you mentioned would be a few lampposts along the right side of the building under the clock tower.  It looks just a touch empty on that side.

KoV Liberty

Looks pretty good! Keep up the great work!

My new MD. Check it out if you wish.

Adrian, I miss you man.

Sciurus

It's excellent, but you should do a transit enabling with the parking lots, and for the front of the station ;)

Guillaume :thumbsup:
L'atelier d'architecture
* * * * * Longwy * * * * *

Bobbi

The station looks great! &apls

Bobbi

2010.8.4 - I get on SC4D with PSP. So cool.:D
2010.8.14 - I can get on the Internet at home.:)

io_bg

Thanks for the comments, guys! Guillaume - the overlay textures I've used are offset, so transit enabling the entrance isn't the best idea.
Some news: the relotted Campbell Mithun Tower has been released to the STEX!
If you want me to make a relot of another building, feel free to post requests!

swat-medic

Quote from: io_bg on September 21, 2009, 04:26:31 PM
Thanks for the comments, guys! Guillaume - the overlay textures I've used are offset, so transit enabling the entrance isn't the best idea.
Some news: the relotted Campbell Mithun Tower has been released to the STEX!
If you want me to make a relot of another building, feel free to post requests!

Very nice!  &apls

Did you include the jobs on the new lot?  The jobs and other stuff from the desc was included in the lot. ;)

The lot and area around it in real life is very simple, in fact the plaza is across the street. So I did the lot like it was in real life.

io_bg

Hello, everyone, I have some stuff to show :)
Swat-medic - I'm glad you like it; and I have included jobs. I see you've really made the lot like in RL, however I don't always like simple things  $%Grinno$%

Have you always wanted wider sidewalks or just simple fillers? Here's something you might find useful!

There are 3 simple 1x1 lots:

a corner one and 2 straight ones (with different flora, one with a streetlight and the other with a bench). I've used prop families for the rosebeds and the trees. The only disadvantage of it is that sometimes the trees repeat and that in every different season you'll see a different tree (hopefully with similar size ;)) Would it be better if I make them with only one tree type (it'll be rotated differently in every lot)? Or should I put a prop family with evergreen trees?
I'll also make versions for other sidewalk mods - default Maxis, sandstone and asphalt, as well as another lot with different size (1x1 or 1x4 for example).
Any suggestions and feedback are highly appreciated!

tamorr

Deffinately an interesting idea... Not sure what to make of what you mentioned about the trees, as for me that would be fine, but maybe better if you went with your second suggestion, prop families to have that variety showing at least. The lots themselves look great, and I can see em' used as fillers as well. :)
  "It is wiser to think about your actions before doing them, but be warned One must act quickly before another takes action for you."
  "Knowledge may be Power, but it is how you use that Knowledge that makes One Powerful."
  "I am a Philosopher, Punnist, Poet, and Rambler so keep in mind I think ahead and backwards to point where communication is sometimes not completely understood, even if Enlish is my primary language, it doesn't mean I know it well N proper."
  "Always do your best to acheive your goals and Dreams one at a time."
"Patience is a virtue."