• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Driftmaster's Desert Village - V2, Completely New, Visit if you like!

Started by KoV Liberty, November 07, 2009, 06:31:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KoV Liberty

Ah, nothing like a fresh start, eh? Well, thats what I did. And one day before the third! I'm a late bloomer. $%Grinno$% Lol. Anyway, the current income/expenses chart.

And a population chart.

An overview...

Now, welcome to my new town of Abid Adade!

The town is a suburb on the outskirts of a large city and transistions smoothly from it.

Three neighbor connections... (also updated ;))

The town hall.

There is even a small, compact Grand Prix track.

A church.

The cemetery.

Sports field.

And a shopping plaza. Nice huh? Lol.

There is the same as before park.

Hope you all like it. :)

My new MD. Check it out if you wish.

Adrian, I miss you man.

KoV Liberty

Adrian, I miss you man.

jmyers2043

I like your selection of power plant for the desert theme. Sticking with the desert theme? I think that I would have tried to put together a 'cacti garden' for the town park. OR - I think that Cycledog did one of those stone arches (natural bridge). Now that would have been cool. Work that into the center piece of a town park. Would be something that no one else has. I would have worked some palm trees into the scene (because your are in a warm climate) instead of so many leafy oaks and maples.

The desert theme is a good idea. Gook Luck with your entry and I hope you get a lot of votes  :thumbsup: 

Jim Myers  (5th member of SC4 Devotion)

KoV Liberty

Sounds like a good plan. But the palms I use, I cannot find in the LE.

Adrian, I miss you man.

jmyers2043

Jim Myers  (5th member of SC4 Devotion)

TheTeaCat

Kettle's on. Milk? Sugars?    ps I don't like Earl Grey  $%Grinno$%
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle - If you're not part of the solution , you're part of the problem!
"Never knock on Death's door: Ring the bell and run away! Death really hates that!"
Tales at TeaTime      Now A proper NUT      TTC plays GRV II

KoV Liberty

Adrian, I miss you man.

tooheys

COMPETITION 1 - THE VILLAGE
ENTRIES CLOSE 3/12/2009 12 MIDNIGHT

Hi Alex

Just a reminder that you are running out of time to finalise your entry for
the first Thematic Comp. Entries will close 12 Midnight 3/12/2009. I don't think we
have any entrants between west coast USA and the dateline, so lets say midnight
west coast USA time as the deadline.

In anticipation of judging, please ensure that your entry is contained in one clearly
marked post within your thread as we will be moving your entry to another
board for judging.

Goodluck

thingfishs

it's an impressive area driftmaster, and very different in location which is excellent. Seems maybe a bit developed for a village. I can see though that it's mostly commercial and you are only half way to the population limit. Must be a few folk over the city limits. btw where do you get the independent grandstand from?

Battlecat

Cool looking little city!  That's quite the canal route running through the area!

Kumba

I absoutely love the canal through the city, reminds me of a panama canal through a metropolis. a great idea and was executed well.
______ F L Y  S C A G J E T S ______
The Most Reliable, Helpful, Diverse SimCity Aerospace Group LOTs BATs and MODs

metarvo

This is quite the beautiful desert oasis, Alex.  I like the canal and the Grand Prix track.  I guess this is more of a commercial town than a residential one, though, since the population seems quite low for all of those skyscrapers to be there.  I'm sure people come from miles around to visit.
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

KoV Liberty

Thanks everyone for your praise! The canals were a hard thing to learn at first but I got it to work.  And thingfishs, the grandstands are actually by Maxis. They are part of the Little League stadium thing. And I updated my post for a few minor things.

Adrian, I miss you man.

danielcote

Earth quake

wouanagaine

I won't call this a village, even if the pop is around 1000

But this is a nice place in the desert, especially the last pic

New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren ♦ emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley
M4346 ♦ moganite ♦ Papab2000 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
Divide wouanagaine by zero and you will in fact get one...one bad-ass that is - Alek King of SC4