• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Sincitybaby's town: Reifer Beach

Started by sincitybaby, November 25, 2009, 07:50:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sincitybaby

Hi all!

I would like to be the first one to welcome to the beautiful tourist town of Reifer Beach......

1- Cemetary 2-City Hall 3-Sports Complex 4-Church 5-Reifer Plaza

The main drag (Reifers Blvd) of the our town.  We have world class hotels, impressive for such a small city.

Being a tourist town, we have beautiful beaches.

But we also have distinctive shopping, found both in Downtown and Reifer's Plaza (above)

Downtown is just off of Reifers Blvd. on Center St., it is home to many specialty stores and restaurants.

City Hall and the CVB are located in Downtown right on Center St. as well.  The building was built in 2005.

Reifers Beach is also home to many known national chains that cater to every need and want of a tourist.

The residents of Reifers Beach are found in diverse neighborhoods such as this.

On the southern portion of Center St., you find the church and a gas station, and a hooter's for those who dare enter.... $%Grinno$%

Our residents also enjoy this new soccer complex on the otherside of I-280 near Reifer's Blvd.

The Budget reveals a healthy city, due to tourism, and a population of nearly 1800.

Most of our visitors come from Major Cities to the North and South, I-280 connects both cities and offers 2 exits for Reifers Beach. The above being the Ocean Avenue terminus into the freeway.

A stretch of I-280 as it passes by Reifer's Beach

A portion of the parclo interchange that connects I-280 to Reifers Blvd.

An overview of the town at night

More to come, as always comments/suggestions apreciated

danielcote

Nice! You might wan't more houses though.

Evillions8

Well I gotta say it does meet the requirement very nicely!  But its more of a resort than a village, like sky high buildings and such.  But like you said, its a touristic town. :thumbsup:

Earth quake

It's just really nice and wonderfull. &apls

threestooges

Interesting take on the "village" idea. The tourist resort looks well done. However, we require a few more things before we can pass this one through to voting. Please post picture(s) to show clearly your three road connections (RHW, avenues, etc. don't matter). Secondly, according to Rule 7, avenues cannot end in the village. If it terminated into the RHW it could work, but in its present form it won't pass. you still have a couple days though. I look forward to seeing how you work with it.
-Matt
Thematic Competiton Judge

sincitybaby

Replies:

danielcote: Thank you, I have added a few more homes.  The main reason for lack of houses is the limited real estate in the city, so density is higher.

Earth quake: Thanks  :)

Evillions8: Thank you for the compliment. I was looking to find a intersesting way to build the town.  My original town was rather bland, so I decided to spice it up. Once again thanks!  ;D

threestooges (Matt): Thank you for the compliments, its an honor! I have attached my update here.

Update: Reifers Blvd. Realignment/ Beautification project

In early 2009, some tourists complained that Reifers Blvd. was too pedestrian unfriendly and that it carried automobile traffic to fast.  The Mayor's office quickly acted and decided to narrow Reifers Blvd. from I-280 to Ocean Ave. from 4 lanes to two lanes, thus slowing traffic and promoting more of a pedestrian friendly city for the tourists that drive our economy.

The new intersection of the I-280 ramps and Reifers Blvd..  The widened ramps allow for much smoother flows into the city.  As you can see Reifer's Blvd. A new shopping center also developed at the intersection.

The new stretch of Reifers Blvd., as it terminates into Ocean Ave, the stretch has been beautified.

A popular chain, In and Out, has moved into this new location, thanks to the realignment.

The classiest hotel in Reifers Beach, just off of Ocean Ave.

The Marina

Three neighbor connections

The new budget

The new overview, old shopping center destroyed, more houses put into the former area. And of course, the new alignment.

That is all for now, have a good evening! Comments/Suggestions appreciated!

threestooges

Thank you for the new update. It looks like things have developed well with the removal of the avenue. There is one thing though that still needs to be addressed. Rule 7 says
Quote"The village is to have three road connections to neighbours." -emphasis added
You have shown neighbor connections, but only one of them was a road. I can see two road connections in the overview, but for purposes of scoring, please indicate where the three road connections are.
-Matt

sincitybaby

Matt,

here are the 3 road connections, I am sorry I could not comply with this rule sooner.

Thanks,

Tyler (sincitybaby)

threestooges

Thanks Tyler. That third one was tough to see from the overview.
-Matt

Earth quake

jmyers2043

A lot of pictures to go through but I like the nigh shot of the beach and boardwalk the best. Mayor Jim wishes that he had your budget ... :D
Jim Myers  (5th member of SC4 Devotion)

tooheys

COMPETITION 1 - THE VILLAGE
ENTRIES CLOSE 3/12/2009 12 MIDNIGHT

Hi Sincitybaby

Just a reminder that you are running out of time to finalise your entry for
the first Thematic Comp. Entries will close 12 Midnight 3/12/2009. I don't think we
have any entrants between west coast USA and the dateline, so lets say midnight
west coast USA time as the deadline.

In anticipation of judging, please ensure that your entry is contained in one clearly
marked post within your thread as we will be moving your entry to another
board for judging.

Goodluck

PS: You appear to have complied with all the requirements after some amendments.
However as per above, can you please group your final entry pictures together into one post.
You will also need to label your new overview picture with the location of the 6 req'd buildings/parks.

thingfishs

Reifer Beach eh, something tells me I might *cough* like this place *cough* Though in general I must admit this one is a little too traffic oriented for my liking (not necessarily any less realistic, in fact possibly more so, but just not as cute & cosy-and for a village competition I think cute or quaint is order of the day). Nice gas stations and a wonderful active beach, however I think it ends too abruptly on the left.

Battlecat

Very cool shots!  You've chosen an interesting style for your town!

sincitybaby

EDIT: This is my final submission upon your approval

I would like to be the first one to welcome to the beautiful tourist town of Reifer Beach......

1- Cemetary 2-Reifer Plaza 3-Church 4-Reifer Beach Rec. fields 5-City Hall

The main drag (Reifers Blvd) of the our town.  We have world class hotels, impressive for such a small city.

Being a tourist town, we have beautiful beaches.

But we also have distinctive shopping, found both in Downtown and Reifer's Plaza (above)

Downtown is just off of Reifers Blvd. on Center St., it is home to many specialty stores and restaurants.

City Hall and the CVB are located in Downtown right on Center St. as well.  The building was built in 2005.

Reifers Beach is also home to many known national chains that cater to every need and want of a tourist.

The residents of Reifers Beach are found in diverse neighborhoods such as this.

On the southern portion of Center St., you find the church and a gas station, and a hooter's for those who dare enter.... $%Grinno$%

Our residents also enjoy this new soccer complex on the otherside of I-280 near Reifer's Blvd.

Most of our visitors come from Major Cities to the North and South, I-280 connects both cities and offers 2 exits for Reifers Beach. The above being the Ocean Avenue terminus into the freeway.

A stretch of I-280 as it passes by Reifer's Beach

The classiest hotel in Reifers Beach, just off of Ocean Ave.

The Marina

The new budget

An overview of the town at night

here are the 3 road connections

Thanks,

Tyler (sincitybaby)
Have a great day all, replies will come later!

[/quote]