• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

UCC Presents: Suburban Set

Started by Travis, December 01, 2009, 08:58:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Travis

Hmm...I wonder what Santa may be bringing this christmas... ::)

who knows. :-\

WillG_75

When are we gonna see some of my models in game? :P

Shadow Assassin

It looks good, huge variety is what's needed... but... the roof tiles look a little bit too big... they should be shrunk down a little bit.

Other than that, everything's perfect.

Are you also going to do a few of these houses at different angles, etc? It'd break up the monotony a great deal too.
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
See my uploads on the LEX!

rusummer1

The houses look great so far!! I like how you have the driveways connect to the street, very nice touch.
Check out my SoundCloud https://soundcloud.com/russmass

Pat

Travis simply stunning man!!! WOW!!!  :thumbsup:

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

threestooges

Hey Pat! Haven't seen you around too much lately. How's it going? Hope you're starting to feel better.
-Matt

Pat

;) Im hanging in there, for full depth of details I hear a monkey knows best  :thumbsup:

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

CasperVg

*cough*

I'll throw my 2 cents in as well... any suggestions?
Follow my SimCity 4 Let's play on YouTube

Earth quake

Really nice and perfect house Travis. &apls
But there is a light bug no the right of the 1st pciture. :thumbsup:

threestooges

Looks pretty good Casper. A couple small sugestions, first replace the dumpster with something smaller. Most people set out several cans. Second, the bushes around there seem to be growing over the path to the house. As for the side section, is this meant to be a corner lot? If not, which end faces the street and how would the cars get there? Also, I like the pool idea, and I find the fence around it a nice nod to reality, but if there is a larger one, I'd suggest using it. The second story overhanging part of the house makes the pool seem tiny there.

Lastly, as a note for Travis, if the model is still open for comments, I'd suggest decreasing the width of the shingles on the house, they seem a bit wide.

Otherwise, it looks pretty good so far..
-Matt

Travis

excellent lotting casper. :thumbsup: Agreed with Matt's suggestions as well.

QuoteLastly, as a note for Travis, if the model is still open for comments, I'd suggest decreasing the width of the shingles on the house, they seem a bit wide.

Heh, that's actually been fixed already; if only he was using the latest version.. ::) :P

SimNation

This larger one will make my suburban sprawl all the better.  ()stsfd()

CasperVg

Decided to do a MEGA lot for the Cornell's as well - still got to fix numerous issues.

• Make prop/building families for the houses
  • Make the gazebo connect to the house instead of the road
  • Fix the 'floating' tree that is growing through one of the houses

CasperVg

Another MEGA Lot, this time a 4x4 for The Columbia (prop/building families set correctly already this time)

Hope you like it - suggestions are always appreciated

clearlypowa

The 4x4 and 5x5 lot are very nice. Waiting for the final release to test it  :thumbsup:

canyonjumper

nice lots Casper! Can't wait for these to be released.  :thumbsup:

-Jordan
I'm the one who jumped across the Grand Canyon... and lived.

Pat

threestooges

The Columbia is a nice looking lot Casper. However, it's not quite what I think of when I think of American suburbs. Most houses tend to develop facing the street, and you don't see many communal parking areas. There are places you do see that though from time to time. They tend to be dense developments or slightly more rural areas, but even those tend to have driveways extending into them. People around here do enjoy their cars. Looks good otherwise.
-Matt

SimNation

Looks very nice and realistic..who is to say we need to do things exactly the way its done in real life. Lovely Innovation and will make the sprawl look nice. Ever thought of making some 10x10 house community sets as well? Would look great.

Earth quake

Splendid lot Casper. :thumbsup:
It's Perfect.