• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

JBSimio Inc.

Started by JBSimio, February 05, 2007, 11:31:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hamsterTK

Like the football field!

Question:

Anyways, I have a great idea. Since it looks weird with packed stands and no field activity, and equally strange with static, football players on the field, you should make it half time. Maybe you could make a small concession stand behind or under the home side bleachers with people lined up to buy nachos and boiled peanuts

Also, Where's the band? If possible maybe you could make one section on either side have people wearing all the same clothes, like uniforms, and a director/drum major standing on a small portable scaffold on the ground facing that section of the stand? Maybe since it would be halftime one band could be in the stands while the other would be lined up around the end zone ready to march out.

Bumbles Bounce!

threestooges

Excellent. Always thinking a step ahead (is it any wonder why you are able to keep putting together such quality stuff?). My only comment/suggestion regarding the dorms is that the styles seem somewhat disjointed from each other. It seems to me that they would have been built aroudn the same time and thus be of somewhat similar style (but even as they are, they both look great). I'm not quite sure what exactly you mean by "rotating" it, but it looks fine now. As always, looking forward to the next part.

JBSimio

HamsterTK:  Thanks!  Keep in mind that those lots aren't finished yet.  There actually is a concessions stand.  It's below the pressbox facing the paved area... there are crowds and lines of people there now, although they weren't for the picture I posted.  The field may not be empty by the time this is over... we'll see how it goes.  No band... sorry.  More hassles than I'm frankly willing to mess with!   :D

Threestooges:  Thank-you!  The two dorms are a bit different... the detail work should tie them together a little better.  They're meant to be somewhat different though.  Most campuses like this and small colleges tend to grow and add buildings.  My college (which was a measly 700 students) had an "old main" that was the entire school for a while... then one dorm was built... a couple years later another... etc.  Many of them tie together in some way, but they also have rather distinct features at the same time.  That's what I'm really aiming for.  That's the v - e - r - y long reason anyway!

Nothing to show at this point.  I have started making textures for the running track.  It will fit around a football field, but the lot size for this combination will go from 6x6 (which is what you've seen) to 8x8 or maybe even 8x9.  There will be options... track alone, football alone, track and football, nobody worry!   ;)  (Is track and soccer a viable combination?  I'm not even sure if that happens... anyone?)

JB

Never trust a god who grins all the time and wears a top hat, that's my motto.  -Terry Pratchett

It's from JBSimio.  Need we say more?  -BadgerBoy of SC4 Devotion

coult

Quote from: JBSimio on February 09, 2007, 04:29:32 PM
(Is track and soccer a viable combination?  I'm not even sure if that happens... anyone?)

If by viable, you mean does it ever happen, then yes. Tracks around football(soccer) fields do exist, and are in fact rather common, especially on the Continent (European grounds)

This stuff is looking great may I add. Top notch BATting, care and attention evident.

threestooges

Well, again I must put my two cents into the mix (if I keep this up... I'll go broke). First, thank you for the detailed reply. I am currently a senior in college, so I'm looking at your developments with great interest. I understand the idea of different styles for different periods of the school's development (my school has been around since the 20s I believe). As far as the track/soccer combination is concerned, it is certainly feasible, and is fairly common. At our school, what barely passes for a track circles a field usually used for our soccer games. My school is around 5,500 students at this point and has grown considerably too. To give you an idea (and perhaps some ideas if you run short... yeah... like that'll happen anytime soon) here is a map of our school (it's a few years old but for some reason, nothing much better than this was available):

Cali

makes me wish i went to school &ops. looks like a lovely school. :)
"It's not a design flaw, It's my signature"

JBSimio

Coult:  Thank-you!  That was exactly the answer I needed.

Threestooges:  Thanks for posting that picture.  It should come in quite handy if I ever get around to the modular university.

Cali:  Makes me wish I lived in California!   :D

Short and to the point today.  I have a preliminary set of textures done for the track.  Here's a look surrounding the football field.  I doubt the markings are entirely accurate, but I figure they probably vary depending on where you live anyway.  So unless they're just a complete mess, I'm really not too concerned.  Not much else has changed, but I didn't have a whole lot of time over the weekend...

JB

Never trust a god who grins all the time and wears a top hat, that's my motto.  -Terry Pratchett

Gaston

JBSimio,
   I don't know what it is but something about the markings on the football field doesn't look right.  The rest is looking fantastic. 

---Gaston
白龍

They say that the memory is the second thing that goes....
...dang , I wish I could remember the first.
WooHoo made Councilman - 05 FEB 07 Yipee made Mayor - 13 MAR 07 Hip Hip Hooray made Governor - 04 AUG 07 Rock On made Senator - 15 MAR 09

pvarcoe

I can not wait to get my hands on this field.
It's gonna look great in Jackson (Terraforming Teton)

rooker1

I love your stuff, especially the Shur project, will there be more?  The school track look very good also.  Great work.
Call me Robin, please.

Rayden

Nice work JBS. Will it be a version of the running track, but with a soccer field instead of a football one?

threestooges

It looks like it turned out well. The only suggestions/comments I have for it are:
-The football fields lines: As far as I have seen in American football fields, the lines are every 10 yards, these seem to be representative of every 5 yards. If you can easily cut the number of lines in half i think it would look much better.
-The bottom-left side of the field looks a bit sparse. Perhaps (though this may be more work than it is worth) a long jump pit or shot put field could be added. Or is could just be left for the user to add trees to in-game.

For not having much time this weekend, it certainly looks like progress has been made. Keep up the good work.

Fledgeling

Looks great. I would suggest a security fence around the whole lot to prevent people who have not bought tickets from sneaking in. Prehaps with barbed wire so they cant just climb it.

JBSimio

Gaston:  Thanks!  My guess for what doesn't look right could be two things.  If you're only looking at this last picture, the hash marks don't show up (they really only show on zoom5)... OR the numbers are closer to the sideline than they really should be.  (Which is minor enough that I probably won't mess with it)

Pvarcoe:  Thank-you.  I'm sorry to say it may be a while yet.  I have a look at Jackson... quite the impressive region you have going there!  &apls

Rooker:  Thanks!  Yes... there will be more.  I actually have a good sized set of brownstones that I need to finish up for the SHUR Project.

Rayden:  Thank-you!  Yes, there will be a soccer version as well.  I just need to make additional textures for it to fit properly.

Threestooges:  Nope... every five yards is what I've seen in every picture I've checked.  The sparse areas fall under the heading of "still not done yet."   ;)  I really only had time yesterday evening... but I made the most of it!  Thank-you.

Fledgeling:  Thanks!  That also falls under the "still not done yet" category.

Just a quick update on the second dorm for Westlake Academy.  I got the front porch finished this afternoon and most of the trim details.  Maybe a little more roof junk... but this is pretty close to the finished deal.

Thanks for all the kind words and suggestions.  I really appreciate it!

JB

threestooges

QuoteNope... every five yards is what I've seen in every picture I've checked.

Well I'll be... sorry about that. Every time I watch the game I only pay attention to the 10 yard markers (probably because of the big numbers next to them) but yes, every 5 seems to be standard way to mark the fields. My next question for you (if you choose to accept it) is what you are going to do with the spire on top of the dorm. What is it for (perhaps a flag pole...tv antenna)?

bat

wonderful football field with great detials! The building looks also great! :thumbsup:

JBSimio

Threestooges:  I'll accept just about any question... and the answer is that I don't really plan to do much of anything with it.   $%Grinno$%  The spire is purely decorative... or if you really want to, I guess you can say it's a lightning rod!   :D

Bat:  Thank-you!

Another quick peek today.  I decided we would need a boiler/maintainence building somewhere on campus, so here it is.

Still needs a little work, especially around the pitched roof area, but for the most part, this is it.  The interior should make for some pretty cool lighting when I get that far.

JB

M4346

This is looking really promising, and like yet another JBSimio masterpiece!

Anxiously awaiting the final result!  :thumbsup:

-M-
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

rooker1

Love the academy building and the boiler room, great job.  I can't wait for the shur lots.  Thanks for the insight.
Call me Robin, please.

bat

wonderful houses, nice textures! :thumbsup: