• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

RHW (RealHighway) - Development and Support

Started by Tarkus, April 13, 2007, 09:10:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

doorknob60

How about a puzzle piece that turns RHW-2 into parallel MIS ramps (without one of them shooting out diagonally)? Not a priority, but I'd use it in a few spots for sure. It might look a little funny though because of turning one tile into two, but i's still use it. And also another thing I'd like to see is Diagonal RHW-4 to OWR transition (when I try it it turns into a road first and looks horrible and doesn't work right, it's just bad). Can't wait till the next release :D Oh yeah and maybe kinda a combo of the B type and C type ramps where it adds a new lane (like the C ramp) but instead of the MIS coming out parallel it comes out diagonal (like the B ramp). Hope that's not too much to ask, I know you're really busy, but yeah, these pieces would be useful to me :)
Click here if you want to play SimCity 4 in Linux :)
Click here if you want to try Linux :)

jmvl

Well, doorknob60, the RHW-2 into 2 parallel MIS ramp Puzzle Piece is also a Puzzle Piece where I'm looking for. I'm definitely going to create that Puzzle Piece your talking about. Of course I'm also going to create a RHW-4 to 2 parallel MIS ramp Puzzle Piece. I hope Alex (Tarkus) can give me some textures, IIDs and IIIDs soon. I think these Puzzle Pieces will be very useful and I hope I can include them in the next RHW release.

What about the diagonal RHW-4 to OWR-transition, I think it probably will be fixed in the next release.
I think the D ramp interface type (a combo of the B and C type) are probably not in the next release. But you can also make this kind of ramps by placing a C type ramp interface and dragging the MIS diagonal from the Puzzle Piece, like this:

Hope that's answers your questions.

MandelSoft

Quote from: jmvl on June 19, 2009, 02:55:53 AM
I think the D ramp interface type (a combo of the B and C type) are probably not in the next release.

Well, I doubt that, because when I made the RHW Euro TRM, I came across this unused texure:

... and here's the Euro version :P

The textures are there, but there are neither S3D files, nor pathing files, nor anything else that points to the exsitsance of this puzzle piece. I hope Alex will release it in the next version.

Best,
Maarten
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

doorknob60

Quote from: jmvl on June 19, 2009, 02:55:53 AMI think the D ramp interface type (a combo of the B and C type) are probably not in the next release. But you can also make this kind of ramps by placing a C type ramp interface and dragging the MIS diagonal from the Puzzle Piece, like this:

Hope that's answers your questions.
That's what I do right now, but it doesn't look as good and takes more space than what the type D textures mrtnrln just posted would be, but I can wait. Nice to hear about the parallel MIS and the diagonal RHW-4 to OWR transition though, those would help me in a few spots :)
Click here if you want to play SimCity 4 in Linux :)
Click here if you want to try Linux :)

Tarkus

doorknob60, to answer your question, Type D interfaces are planned for a future release.  They'll be in Release 5 at the latest.

And now that the June 2009 NAM is out the door, work will be recommencing here on the RHW. 

As you may or may not have heard, the Missouri Department of Transportation has opened the first ever Diverging Diamond Interchange (DDI) in the United States earlier today, at the Interstate 44/Kansas Expressway interchange in Springfield, MO.  And to commemorate this project, an MIS/Avenue DDI Interface Puzzle Piece has been created, so you'll soon be able to build your own DDIs.

I'm still tweaking the design and the textures right now, but this will give you a taste of what's to come.

-Alex

Haljackey

Geesh Alex, I never suspected this one!  Excellent job with the "switch".  :)

I'm not sure this design will increase capacity in-game, but it sure does look neat!

sim-al2

Why does it seem like it has a very high chance of becoming the scene of many, many accidents... ::)
(\_/)
(o.O)
(")_(")

KoV Liberty

My new MD. Check it out if you wish.

Adrian, I miss you man.

metarvo

Oh, yes!  Teasing, yet pleasing.  :)  I'm looking forward to this one, Alex.  :thumbsup:
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

KoV Liberty

Also will that be included in the next RHW?

Adrian, I miss you man.

ebina

Attached a compatibility patch for the RHW bridges. This is needed for LHD members only.

After installing the June 2009 version of the NAM Essentials RHW bridges stop functioning in LHD versions of the game because of a new rule added into the Network INI. If you have the same problem as shown in this picture please install the attached patch. No need to rebuild bridges.

EDIT:
Removed patch file.

darraghf

Thank you Tarkus. That puzzle piece will be so useful to me!
Darraghf on SC4D, Rainyday on ST, Darraghflah on Simpeg

metarvo

I am reporting a possible RHW bug.  In my game, I've noticed that the RHW-4/MIS-1 Exit Ramp Style B with a northwest-bound MIS ramp exiting off a westbound RHW-4 is missing and is replaced by a RHW-4/MIS-1 Entrance Ramp Style A Diagonal with a northwest-bound MIS ramp entering a northwest-bound RHW-4.  By the way, my game is RHD.
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

allan_kuan1992

Tarkus... I'm curious if this configuration might work (it is attached below).

- Allan Kuan

Sky Guy

Ok first off great work!

Now I dont know if im missing something, but i keep seeing "New RHW textures" that are grey. Are they ready to download yet or are these for one of the older versions?

Quote from: Tarkus on May 27, 2007, 08:25:46 PM

Kalu Sabah- A fast growing dynamic Southeast Asian Country

Tarkus

metarvo, that's an odd bug.  I'll have to check into it.

allan_kuan1992: I rather like that setup--I think it could be useful.  Thanks for the suggestion!

Sky Guy:  Thanks for the kind words, and to answer your question, those are not new RHW textures, but rather, extremely old RHW textures.  That Wider RHW prototype there was built in May 2007 using slightly modified versions of the RHW textures that came in the original RHW release (Release 1.2) back in 2005.  That set was discontinued shortly after that pic, during development on Release 2 in 2007-2008, and given that the RHW has grown so much since that set ceased development, it's missing pretty much everything.

-Alex

Sky Guy

Thanks Tarkus. Is there anyway you can have two versions of RHW at the same time to get those textures or is anyone developing a greyish texture mod for the new one? Thanks so much!

Kalu Sabah- A fast growing dynamic Southeast Asian Country

Tarkus

As far as running two different RHW versions at the same time, you'd run into issues, as the RUL Files would conflict quite heavily.  The Instance ID system between the two is also different.  In less technical terms, you'd get a lot of weird bugs and many features implemented in the past 4 years (including the MIS) simply wouldn't work.

And as far as a grayer texture set, there's been a few people who have started and then quickly abandoned doing one.  There seems to be at least a few folks interested in it, so perhaps in the future one will show up.

-Alex

nerdly_dood

I do know what's involved in making a new texture set but I'm all wrapped up in automata modding for the moment so it'll be quite some time before i can get around to making a RHW set to my satisfaction.
My days here are numbered. It's been great and I've had a lot of fun, but I've moved on to bigger and better things.
—   EGO  VOBIS  VADELICO   —
Glory be unto the modder and unto the fun and unto the city game!

KoV Liberty

Could the Texture set be optional? I like the new one.

Adrian, I miss you man.