• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

BSC Texture Index

Started by geoffhaw, August 20, 2007, 02:43:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CSGdesign

Cheerz.
Naw no problems - just a the learning curve.  I'm on to new problems now   ???
Thx fer the range, now I can get over practice textures and make some real ones.

Leodido

Hi,

I'd like to request a texture ID range, please :)

Thanks in advance.

Léo.

Omnia, my first MD. Check it out!

geoffhaw

@ Leodido, your range is 0xF5B00000 to 0xF5B7FFFF

Leodido

Omnia, my first MD. Check it out!

hooha47

I would like to request a texture ID range.

Thanks for the great service you provide, I can't imagine what a mess we'd have if it wasn't for this service.  :thumbsup:
"If you want to have cities, you've got to build roads." - Cake

See all my lots on the STEX
And see my parking lot projects thread here and my mayor mode ploppables thread here

Rady

Quote from: BarbyW on November 05, 2006, 09:17:36 AM
.... Anyone who wants to make textures needs to request a personal IID range from the BSC Texture Index and to ask how to use the range in the program.

I hereby do ;D! Can you please provide me a IID range since after some one and a half year of playing SC RH I finally decided that there is now way to get around creating custom content by myself, so I'm gonna start with LOTs and textures for a beginning.
If it's a good idea, go ahead and do it. It's much easier to apologize than it is to get permission.

Visit my BAT thread: Slow BAT steady - Rady's first BAT attemtps

geoffhaw

@ hooha47, your range is 0xF5D00000    to 0xF5D7FFFF
@ Rady, your range is 0xF5D80000 to 0xF5DFFFFF

hooha47

"If you want to have cities, you've got to build roads." - Cake

See all my lots on the STEX
And see my parking lot projects thread here and my mayor mode ploppables thread here

Rady

If it's a good idea, go ahead and do it. It's much easier to apologize than it is to get permission.

Visit my BAT thread: Slow BAT steady - Rady's first BAT attemtps

ldvger

I would like to add my request for a texture range assignment, please. 

I am just getting started learning the custom content part of the game, so if I ask stupid questions, please forgive me.  This range you assign me, how many textures will it allow me to create?  And, it is just for textures, correct?  I saw as I was entering this thread there is another similar thread for props.  I am pretty sure I will be creating props at some point in time, so do I need to request a range, apart from the one for textures, also? 

Lora/LD

geoffhaw

@ ldvger, your range is 0xF5E00000 to 0xF5E7FFFF

To answer your questions:

How many textures - lots!  The range above actually contains 524,287 individual IIDs, but not all of them are usuable.  Please take note of the notes at the beginning of this thread for guidance on how to use (or avoid) IIDs which have Lot wealth properties.  I've never actually worked it out, but the range you have has capacity for many hundreds of texture IIDs, if not more.  As a handy hint, keep a record of which IIDs you have used and for what purpose - it will come in useful at some point I'm sure!

The other thread you saw for Props is actually for Prop Families - not quite the same thing.  There is no actual index for Prop IIDs, as the scope for inadvertant IID conflicts is so much less.  (This is because there are no wealth characteristics to worry about, and Props use different Group IDs as well.  Textures all have the same Group ID.)  Prop Families are used when you want to have different alternative props appear on your lots.  For example, if you design, say, a whole load of different bus shelters you can use the Prop Family IID from your range to group them together.  After that, you plop the prop family into your lot, rather than an individual bus shelter.  The game will see the family IID and use one of the props in that family at random.  Very useful to get variety!  (One effect of this is that whenever the game is reloaded, it chooses the prop at random again, so it may be a different one next time you play!)

ldvger

Geoff-

Thanks for the IDD range, now I just have to figure out how to use it!  I'm having a little trouble grasping the hexadecimal concept and while I know this isn't the correct place to post questions of this nature, perhaps someone could point me in the right direction?  I have read the tutorial this thread links to and posted questions there...is that the appropriate forum to ask questions in?

Lora/LD

rivit

Hello Geoff,

I've taken to asking you here for a texture range (on advice) as I have had a texture ID request outstanding on Simtropolis for a month or so. It was suggested this might help as work is being slowed a little pending a definitive ID,

regards Ron (rivit)

bento

I would like a texture IID range please. Thanks a lot.

paeng

Hello,

kindly reserve a range for base- and overlay textures for my projects.

(It was suggested that I move my request from Simtropolis and try here instead.)

Thank you in advance
Paeng
Heads are round so thoughts can take a turn

geoffhaw

To the following people I would like to repeat the apology I made over at the sister thread to this at Simtropolis.  I'll stop using the shortcut to that thread, and go through the menus to see any new requests. 

@ rivit, your range is 0xF5E8000 to 0xF5EFFFFF
@ bento, your range is 0xF5F00000 to 0xF5F7FFFF
@ paeng, your range is 0xF5F80000 to 0xF5FFFFFF

bento

Thanks for the range geoffhaw.  :)

paeng

Geoffhaw, thanks for the range, and also for the many valuable pointers in this thread!
Heads are round so thoughts can take a turn

heitomat

Geoff,

could you please reserve a range for me?

I just got into texturing and understood that getting a range would be one of the first things I had to do.. Thank you in advance.

-Eivind
Be gentle with me - I'm Norwegian

gottago

goeffhaw,

I'd like to request a texture range as well.

Many thanks!