• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

BSC Texture Index

Started by geoffhaw, August 20, 2007, 02:43:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mightygoose

by the way is the list published anywhere? just nosey
NAM + CAM + RAM + SAM, that's how I roll....

BarbyW

As noted by Andreas, the Texture range is for base and overlay textures only not for textures used on BATs. There is no index for those.

mightygoose - the index is not published anywhere or people could take their own allocations without making a note of it. That could lead to another mess ;D
Inside every old person is a young person wondering what happened. TP

Barbypedia: More alive than the original

geoffhaw

OK, thanks to BarbyW and Andreas for holding the fort for me whilst I was away!

Seems like a few questions have arisen, so to summarise...

This texture index is only for the textures that appear as base and overlay textures in LE.  It is not for any transit textures or any textures to be used in any individual BATs.  BarbyW got it right about why we don't publish the list - there have been one or two examples where people have chosen their own ranges and this has really screwed things up.  If for any reason somebody does want a particular set of numbers I will do my best to accommodate them, but no promises.

Anyway, here are your ranges:

@ DCMetro2834, your range is 0xF6400000 to 0xF647FFFF
@ tamorr, your range is 0xF6480000 to 0xF64FFFFF
@ delta9, your range is 0xF6500000 to 0xF657FFFF
@ earwax_man, your range is 0xF6580000 to 0xF65FFFFF

mightygoose

welcom back geoffhaw, long time no see, i hope you like what you find in the community.
NAM + CAM + RAM + SAM, that's how I roll....

DCMetro2834

Welcome back Geoffhaw! Thanks so much for the range!!  ;D

tamorr

Thanks a bunch, now I can get onto what I had in mind... :)
  "It is wiser to think about your actions before doing them, but be warned One must act quickly before another takes action for you."
  "Knowledge may be Power, but it is how you use that Knowledge that makes One Powerful."
  "I am a Philosopher, Punnist, Poet, and Rambler so keep in mind I think ahead and backwards to point where communication is sometimes not completely understood, even if Enlish is my primary language, it doesn't mean I know it well N proper."
  "Always do your best to acheive your goals and Dreams one at a time."
"Patience is a virtue."

earwax_man

Warning: This person may use sacasm, do not feed, touch, or provide fodder for his twisted sense of humour, doing so will result in sudden, disasterous outbreaks of sarcasm. You have been warned.

Visit my BAT thread!
http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=9543.0

puresim

Could I request a range please :)

geoffhaw

@ puresim, your range is 0xF6640000 to 0xF667FFFF

adroman

May I have a texture range?

Thanks.
737s, Air Force, Australia... what next?

geoffhaw

@ adroman, your range is 0xF6680000 ot 0xF66BFFFF

nekseb

Could you please give me also a range?

Thanks
I don't need to know everything, I only need to know someone who knows!

letum aut libertas

geoffhaw

@ nekseb, your range is 0xF6700000 to 0xF673FFFF

nekseb

I don't need to know everything, I only need to know someone who knows!

letum aut libertas

ShadeSlayer

ldvger

Quick question.  I am seeing references to textures id's being used only for base and overlay textures in the Lot Editor, and not for use in the BAT.  What about for use with terrain textures?  I am thinking about trying to create my own terrain mod with my own custom terrain textures.  Will the range assigned to me here work for that? 

Lora/LD

woodb3kmaster

I would like a range, please.

Feel brand new. Be inspired.
NYHAVEN - VIEWS FROM WITHIN
Nuclear City - 5/8

fafalone

I'd also like a range please. Discovered Illustrator's curve tool, so I've started making new overlays for airports.

If 0xFAF_______ is available that would be neat, but if not whatever is fine.

geoffhaw

Sorry for the delay - I'm sure I'd checked the thread since 21st February... ah well.

@ ShadeSlayer, your range is 0xF6740000 to 0xF677FFFF
@ woodb3kmaster, your range is 0xF6780000 to 0xF67BFFFF
@ fafalone, your range is 0xF67C0000 to 0xF67FFFFF (sorry, the 0xFAF... range has gone)

@ ldvger.  The texture range you've got won't do the job for terrain textures.  As for all mods of this type, you have to use the same IIDs that the game does, and make sure that whatever dat your alternative textures are in loads after the relevant SimCity_x.dat does.

ShadeSlayer