• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Three Rivers Region

Started by dedgren, December 20, 2006, 07:57:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dedgren

Working on processing the pics for the next section of the seasonal tree lots tutorial

which you will see later today.

Watch this space for some... 'hem... announcements.

Have a great day.

David
D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax

Zaphod

from the angle, it looks like that bear with the crosshairs picture was taken from something airborne...I thought hunting bears with cruise missles was illegal...

I go hunting sometimes(no bears though) I have a 10 gauge and a rifle but I wish I had a bow
War Kittens !?

threestooges

Happy Anniversary. One year down, many (hopefully) to go. It seems from the looks of things that the next part of the tutorial will be something to see. Good luck with it, and have fun. I'll be looking forward to it.

Tarkus

Congratulations, David, on one year of 3RR! :thumbsup:  Looking forward to the next part of the tutorial, and whatever this announcement might be.

-Alex (Tarkus)

thundercrack83

It's after midnight here in PA, which means...Happy Anniversary to 3RR! One year, almost 700 posts, and other statistics as well! Congratulations, David. It's only going to get better!

Pat

wow one year already omg i soooooo cant belive it david it only seems like yesterday wow
soo awsome i cant wait to see what the cat lets outta the bag tomorrow - pat

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

emilin

BlackwaterEmil's inn
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren
♦ Emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦
papab2000 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

Badsim

Congratulations David ...

...and I wish many years as lush as this first one for 3RR . ()flower()

°   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °

NikNik

Congrats! Here's some cake for you.....

She came with the cake.

Nik-Nik

meldolion

Happy Birthday 3RR!!! :thumbsup:
well... Nik Nik came with the cake...

I bring the drinks!! $%Grinno$%

Gaston

David,   
Happy Anniversary!
Wow has it been a year?     Amazing my friend.    I am so happy to be a part of this incredible endeavor.      I am sure 3RR will be around for a long time to come.

---Gaston
  ;D I had to get some moving text in here some how.  ;D
白龍

They say that the memory is the second thing that goes....
...dang , I wish I could remember the first.
WooHoo made Councilman - 05 FEB 07 Yipee made Mayor - 13 MAR 07 Hip Hip Hooray made Governor - 04 AUG 07 Rock On made Senator - 15 MAR 09

M4346

Woooooohoooooooooo!!!!  :P

Happy Birthday 3RR and congratulations David! For, amongst other things, having the will power, determination and patience to see it through until now, and for creating wonderful and amazing SC4 scenes!

&apls &apls &apls &apls

I hope there's going to be cake...  ()stsfd()
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

pvarcoe

Congratulations David on one year of 3RR!

This Journal \ Diary has become so much more than just a "regular" diary.
The tutorials, the personal content, and the respect you give all of your "viewers", all contribute to a furthering of our game.

I can't wait to see what the near future holds for 3RR.

Phil

bat

Congratulations on one year of Three Rivers Region, David!! &apls

dedgren

Okay, okay.  Yes, it is 3RR's one year anniversary.  From a fairly tentative start over at ST on March 12, 2006, this MD/CJ has gained a total of about 39,000 page views and well over 2,000 comments.  That's all your doing, folks.  I never dreamed...

I promised there'd be a big announcement today, and I think I will have one that a number of you have been waiting for.  First, though, as many of you know I have been working my way through 3RR-ST in preparation for migrating it over to SC4D.  While I've been doing that I have made a collection of pics and other images from over the year that might, if you've been following along with us from the start, bring to mind a few memories of where we've been.  If you haven't, well, this will give you an idea of what we've been up to.  The ones toward the end are from over here after we left ST.  I hope you'll indulge me a minute and take a look.

#1 - Small Beginnings

#2 - What's that stuff in the water?  (and hey, ditch the UDIs and control panel!)

#3 - There's only buildings on like, six or seven pages...

#4 - We expanded our horizons

#5 - Room to grow

#6 - Avon

#7 - A ploppable water stream...

#8 - ...and a land bridge

#9 - The Roaring Fork...

#10 - ...and tiny islands

#11 - Willoughby

#12 - Roads up mountains

#13 - 3RR hits the road

#14 - Ploppable water rapids...

#15 - ...and waterfalls

#16 - We start fooling around with maps...

#17 - ...finding out a few things along the way...

#18 - ...then we make some

#19 - We perfect the "square" region view...

#20 - ...reach 10,000 page views at ST in five months (took less than three at SC4D)...

#21 - ...and draw our own contour lines

#22 - The region goes upscale, and we play with the 'Terraformer

#23 - We play with our readers, too

#24 - We terraform small streams...

#25 - along with big ones...for weeks

#26 - We play with the terraformer

#27 - We finally get done

#28 - Mountains get named...

#29 - ...and snow falls in them

#30 - Leaves turn,

#31 - and turn,

#32 - and finally fall

#33 - Townships are formed

#34 - Small towns appear

#35 - And the corn grows as high as an elephant's eye

#36 - Small streams flow through silent woods

#37 - The wind blows through the aspen woods

#38 - Brilliant autumn leaves complete a scene

#39 - And the first snowfall of the years whitens the ground on a crisp November day

#40 - Tiny islands also feel winter's chill

#41 - A roaring waterfall plunges over an escarpment...

#42 - ...and the streams rushing waters cascades over giant rocks and boulders

I hope that looking at these has been as enjoyable for you as it was for me to put them together.  I'm working on the announcement now, and you'll be seeing it during the course of the day today.

Thank you so much for stopping by 3RR.

David
D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax

Rayden

Wow, that was a nice travel back in time. Lots of good memories came into my mind. This is what I call an achievement, congrats David on your 3RR Anniversary. &apls :thumbsup:

Giligone

Woowweee!! Thats a really cool update. The progression from the early days to now is very significant. You've honed your skills tremendously.  ;D I look forward to where this will go in the future! Someplace warm... and sunny... and beachy... **cue dream sequence**  - ek my bad, got a little carried away there thinking about summer. All this melting snow has gotten me excited. haha. Great work once again. :thumbsup:

Fred_Ginger

One year?  Amazing!  The pictures were lovely although I remember most the fun you had using the streets to terraform the streams (Kaboom!)! Thank you for your hard work, for your enthusiasm and your humor! &apls &apls &apls
My name is Vicki
Fred and Ginger were my doggies
RIP my babies

Kokopelli

Happy Birthday Three Rivers Region.  Thank you David for all your work. I'm sure it has been as enjoyable for you as it has been for us. I for one am hoping for many more.

thundercrack83

David,

That was an incredible retrospective there! That map of Pratt Island is still one of my favorites, I think. It's quite an exciting time around here--the one-year anniversary and the soon-to-be 700th post. So here you go...I've opened the door for those waiting and lurking to get a shot at No. 700! Anyway, congratulations again, and I'll be awaiting for the next part of the tutorial, and you special announcement!

Take care,

Dustin