• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Enialich

Started by kinderly, March 24, 2013, 09:02:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kinderly

Looking through the sandy wastelands of Nevada, you don't see much. Sure there are some cities spread throughout the state, but there are some very cruel places hidden beneath. Though, as long as you have reliable transportation, and a destination you should be okay.

The ATSF train company has ruled the passenger routes in the area for quite some time. Most of the trains running on the lines are what can be called the Super Chief.

Train # 5598 is crossing a small travel road, but it doesn't look like it's gotten much attention in decades.

Although, maybe not for to much longer.

threestooges

Curious start to things. You got my attention with Nevada and the ATSF though. Can't say I've seen too many cactus in the state, but given the desert flora to work with, it helps convey the mood. Looking forward to where you take things from here.
-Matt

rooker1

I have to agree....you have given very little information on what's going on, but you still caught my attention as well.

Robin
Call me Robin, please.

Swordmaster

Great, we need more American desert MDs. Especially when they start with train pictures :thumbsup:

Cheers
Willy

Dantes

I like the stark landscape.  :) I am very curious what you show in pictures.

Shroud

I'm very curious to see where you go with this landscape.

kinderly

Thanks everyone for the kind replies!

Construction has progressed, so I'm taking you on a tour through the city center.

The highway is mostly finished, at least in the downtown area. On the other side of the highway land has been cleared for apartment complexes, so we're still developing.

What would a desert bound city be without imported nature, making it an oasis.

Our transportation network is unique. Because a major train route runs through the city center, there are no train crossings. Instead tunnels were built to calm traffic congestion.

5 years have passed since construction started. Office, and apartment spaces are up for rent, so people should be moving in soon.

Swordmaster

I like it. Interesting road textures as well.

Cheers
Willy

kinderly

^Thank you Swordmaster!

It's just a small teaser to get your blood flowing.

nbvc

Nice city and teaser. :thumbsup:

rooker1

Ohhhh, nice teaser!  Powerlines and industrial, nice pic.

Robin
Call me Robin, please.

RickD

Great start. The rail line through downtown is interesting. I wonder how you will deal with it when the city keeps growing.
My name is Raphael.
Visit my MD: Empire Bay (My old MD: Santa Barbara County)