• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Is There a Mod that let's you "Earn" Reward Lots?

Started by CahosRahneVeloza, April 13, 2014, 08:04:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CahosRahneVeloza

Is there such a mod already that let's you "collect" or rather "earn" "Reward Lots" so you can have them already available to be used on another city on the same region?

Let's say I was able to unlock "Gascooker's" "Village Church" reward lot on a Heavy Dirty Industrial City where it wouldn't quite fit in. And let's say I also have a very beautiful Agricultural town where the church can fit in nicely but have yet to unlock it for the town. The mod I'm thinking of will remember that I have unlocked the church on another city on the same region & as such will offer/unlock it for another city on the same region.

I thought the BSC Regional Tracking Mod was like that but apparently it isn't.

catty

I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?" DEATH thought about it. "CATS," he said eventually, "CATS ARE NICE.

CahosRahneVeloza

Using the "You Don't Deserve it" cheat is way too cheat~y though  $%Grinno$%

Earning rewards is a fun challenge but it doesn't feel right when you earn a reward that doesn't fit the environment where you get it. What I'd really like to do is earn a reward and be able to put it down on a city tile that would suit it. As in what I cited as an example, a beautiful reward lot not fitting a dingy industrial area.

The mod would record which reward lots you've unlocked and makes them available for every city in your region. If the reward lot is one that can only be plopped once in a city the mod remembers that you've already plopped a particular "one instance only" reward lot somewhere on your region & locks/disables/hides it up again from your reward lots pool.

With such a mod, Region play would be a lot more fun as you plan ahead which reward lot/s you will assign to each of your specific cities. You will also then have a good enough reason to open up or rather return to older cities in a region, because we all know that the typical SC4 player rarely goes back to their older cities once they've pretty much built them up.

APSMS

Most people, like Catty said, simply use the cheat code. If they want to play the way you are requesting, then they simply imagine that they've earned in a different part of the city (as most RL cities are larger than the city tile size). As a result, demand for this mod might be kinda low, considering that it could potentially be hard to differentiate (for the game) the difference between churches (which are probably as common as the game would have them be) and things like city hall or any of the custom reward lots.

I'm also not too confident about the cross-regional play you want to happen. I don't think that kind of data is transmitted cross-region in any significant way that would allow a modder to simply write, say a LUA script for it. My guess is that such a script would have to be modified every time (by the end user) that you added a new custom reward lot that you wanted to be only available once on a regional level. This may be impractical for larger regions as well due to the limitations on building selection.
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

My Mayor Diary San Diego: A Reinterpretation

CahosRahneVeloza

@APSMS: If you put it that way I guess you are right, the idea would be a bit impractical. And it would be a bit of a hassle for players such as myself who never really dabble into using modding tools as well :(