• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Buddybuds Expansive Attempts at Anything & Everything.

Started by buddybud, November 12, 2007, 03:22:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

beutelschlurf

moin buddybud

your elevated rail is exactly the right stuff to have in my city.  :thumbsup:
it's just perfect if you wanna have the atmosphere of a city like new york.  :P

keep it going!

b_schlurf

p.s. good to have it sticky

buddybud

Well Meta, I Can't replicate your problem so i need more info. Lets see what happens with others. I assure you it works on my end.

Thanks.

Bud

edit Hello b_schlurf....thank you.

metasmurf

High Wealth/Mid Wealth

Low Wealth

I only have BSC textures installed.

You want me to try wealth level: none as well?

Also, seems like there are $$ textures on low wealth, doesn't it?

buddybud

meta...ya sure try all...
so its the medium wealth orth/orth thats causing the problem....hmmm.   Good to see the rest work. I imagine its either a id or your download is corrupted. I just tried it with nam and had no problems. I also redownloaded it and used the posted file and all was good. My Bad...... Arghhhh....lol.

bud.

buddybud

found the problem...i forgot to check all the zooms. Ill fix it in the next hour or so. Its just a bad entry.
thanx meta.

Bud

JoeST

looks like you have a broken box there too Metasmurf :o

:D

looking great in here as always bud

Joe
Copperminds and Cuddleswarms

metasmurf

Quote from: JoeST on January 06, 2009, 09:56:20 AM
looks like you have a broken box there too Metasmurf :o

They can't even get the boxes right, can they?  :D

Pat

LoL I noticed that myself here as well geezzzs that the boxes are even broken...

And I do see Buddy did track down the problem so that is good news!!!

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

buddybud

Well i think i fixed that problem. New file uploaded.
Ya the boxes are weird. I think that may have to do with the unorthodox prop being used....lol. Maxis didn't know how to plan ahead of me. Yet more proof they failed to cover all aspects of the game....lol.

So how many sidewalks mods are out there. My searches didn't really give me much....I really would like to deal with the textures. I would love some feedback on this. The reason being that with just this there are some 60 models. They can be reused for road under anything but i would still have to deal with street,  and avenue and one ways. I'll start looking around. Any input would be appreciated.

Bud

Edit...I'm really curious how hard it would be to make this compatible with the Sam once i get street versions going. I guess i will have to learn how to rul. Also I would like to point out that these are slope conforming so can be used for road/street under el found in the nam. Also they or something similar could be implemented for elevated roads if anybody wanted to mod it. :P

buddybud

Quote from: metasmurf on January 06, 2009, 09:21:17 AM
Low Wealth

Also, seems like there are $$ textures on low wealth, doesn't it?

Na Thats just how the game renders the textures attached to the 3ds model prop. Thats why i Propose 4 new texture ranges. The more white the prop the more obvious the color difference. The exact same texture is used its just treated differently for some reason. Thats why side walk mods will show up! But you may be right. I'll check it out. I'll also remove those annoying network props on the diags. Give ya something slightly useable. lol

JoeST

Awesome... you have your own board and everything :o

buddybud

Ok somebody break something so the party can begin!!!  &hlp Thanx all.
And thanx for the article on wiki joe. I just saw that today. I'm glad to see those underpass bats got a home. We might want to host them here even though they are not fully tested. They did conform to the rules of te lots though.

rooker1

Sorry, I just knocked over your lamp....
but here's a drink for ya.
Now everyone stay away from his computer!!!!

Robin  ;)
Call me Robin, please.

JoeST

I think you should make a new thread for them... ;D you have the space

and is there any chance you would allow the FLUP's team to use the models from the underbridge kit?

ps: well done robin :p

buddybud

hey robin.  %confuso I got candles.  :thumbsup: just don't get to comfortable...lol

joe. ya i just asked about a child board. I'm new to this. Also yes of course. Please do use the props in the beta bat for the underpass's. Just put my name in the help file or whatever somewhere. I only wish i could provide models. alas......but ya thats a great idea!

Bud

JoeST

thanks, and a child board would be a bit excessive, maybe a thread entitled "Stuff about Underpasses" or something :D

Joe

buddybud

Quote from: JoeST on January 06, 2009, 01:05:33 PM
thanks, and a child board would be a bit excessive, maybe a thread entitled "Stuff about Underpasses" or something :D

Joe

lol i didn't know there was a difference. hehe....i'm a board newb.

sithlrd98

Woah, guess I've missed a little! As far as the textures being "lighter" , would darkening them work? That is what I had to do for the ave and road curves...I used the NAM ped mall tiles for the white and sandstone since they were already  matched to fit the models ,then used photoshop and did a little trial and error till I got a close enough match for the others..

Jayson

buddybud

Quote from: sithlrd98 on January 06, 2009, 04:35:26 PM
Woah, guess I've missed a little! As far as the textures being "lighter" , would darkening them work? That is what I had to do for the ave and road curves...I used the NAM ped mall tiles for the white and sandstone since they were already  matched to fit the models ,then used photoshop and did a little trial and error till I got a close enough match for the others..

Jayson

The textures being used ARE the ingame default textures. They are applied by a texture id. The engine renders them different because of their properties as a 3ds prop rather than a 3ds model. Much the same as the same texture applied as a base looks slightly different then if applied as an overlay. The reason i did it this way is so that if a sidewalk mod is used the textures automatically update and match the mod though again lighter. The only way to do this otherwise to get them to match is to make standard props but then they wouldn't work with sidewalk mods or to add four new texture id's with equivilant but darker shadows. They could still be moded by other mods this way but new textures for the mod would have to made........

Try using jrj's sidewalk mod as an example....load it (make sure it loads before my beta) and you'll see what i mean.....

Cheers.

sithlrd98

I didn't realize there was a difference in the way the game rendered the props and models...I'm not that experienced with models and such! :)

Jayson