• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

RMIP-3 Large Airport Edition vol. 1

Started by Gwail, February 12, 2009, 04:06:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Voltaire

oh yeah, it's still in progress... there's more to this set than pavement and edge lights  ;)

______   F  L  Y    A  C    J  E  T  S   ______
The finest SimCity Aviation LOTs BATs and MODs

woodb3kmaster

Quote from: Voltaire on May 07, 2010, 10:28:38 PM
oh yeah, it's still in progress... there's more to this set than pavement and edge lights  ;)
Like new ALS lights? I'd love to find out what's in the works as far as they're concerned. Maybe a set that can be plopped in water?

Feel brand new. Be inspired.
NYHAVEN - VIEWS FROM WITHIN
Nuclear City - 5/8

RickD

Quote from: woodb3kmaster on May 07, 2010, 11:25:11 PM
Like new ALS lights? I'd love to find out what's in the works as far as they're concerned. Maybe a set that can be plopped in water?

That's an excellent idea!
My name is Raphael.
Visit my MD: Empire Bay (My old MD: Santa Barbara County)

KoV Liberty

My new MD. Check it out if you wish.

Adrian, I miss you man.

adroman

Paint?  ::)

But seriously, this set looks like it'll be worth waiting for... No need to pressure the AC, I'm sure it'll be more than perfect when it is released.

My anticipation is quietly building... Take your time, I'm sure we can wait!
Adrian.
737s, Air Force, Australia... what next?

Gwail

Quote from: jdenm8 on May 05, 2010, 04:37:46 AM
Any news on progress or is RL still kicking?  &mmm
Kickin', hittin', scratchin', bitin'. But I won't give up, it won't get me alive  $%#Ninj2.
My misc works thread:
GWL workshop

Voltaire

Quote from: woodb3kmaster on May 07, 2010, 11:25:11 PM

Good guesses  :thumbsup: although I handn't considered the water plopping, that's an interesting idea.

These features are definitely going into the Approach Light System lots:
  -  new ALSF-2 and MALS rendered in HD, matched to the width of Gwail's runways
  -  new, low-profile LODs to cut filesize dramatically
  -  new Localizer antenna
  -  compact versions (1/2 length) for players who want light systems without the land investment.

There's still more I won't post yet, I'd like to surprise everyone with a couple extras when this is released ;)

______   F  L  Y    A  C    J  E  T  S   ______
The finest SimCity Aviation LOTs BATs and MODs

figui

wow, i can't wait (kidding, it's worth the wait)  :thumbsup:

mauricio.
first forums inhabitant from Uruguay..   first forums citizen from Uruguay..  first forums councilman from Uruguay..   first forums mayor from Uruguay..  first forums governor from Uruguay..
...i'm still the only one from Uruguay!

________

superchad

i have a request for the RMIP-3, you know the edges of the runway with the yellow lines? could you create runway edge pieces without the yellow lines, and that blend in better with the runway, ive looked at photos of several airports, Indianapolis Intl, JFK, LAX, and i have NEVER seen those on the runway edges, and the runway edges blend in a bit with the runways color, like maybe a bit darker grey but not very dark like RMIP-3 is.

KoV Liberty

Quote from: Gwail on May 12, 2010, 12:52:25 PM
Kickin', hittin', scratchin', bitin'. But I won't give up, it won't get me alive  $%#Ninj2.

It better not, stay strong Gwail! ;)

Alex

Adrian, I miss you man.

Cyclone1001

Maybe piers for water-based lights?

[Delta ²k5]

Quote from: Cyclone1001 on May 16, 2010, 07:05:31 AM
Maybe piers for water-based lights?

yeah... something like this:

or something like in San Francisco ;)

Haljackey

Hey guys, I just wanted to point out that no development pictures have been posted since December 15, 2009.

I know we're all excited here and have loads of requests for this modular airport pack, but I think it would be best to wait until we see some additional development. Perhaps your request could be integrated into this release, but if not perhaps it would be considered for a future release.

Like everyone else, I am looking forward to this mod and am hoping to see some new development pictures soon. Hope all is going well with the project!

Gwail

Although I haven't made any progress so far, there is no need to worry, Haljackey.

The part with all ALS lights is handled by Voltaire, so you can have a discussion about it with no stress. I'll start my development over when I handle all my RL business.
My misc works thread:
GWL workshop

fafalone

:'(

Sorry RL is sucking so much, hope everything works out ok (and quickly  ;D)

Highrise99

Are there previous versions of this such pack?  If so, please provide a link.
Thank you!

KoV Liberty

Not this pack per say. There is the RMIP with Concrete runways and RMIP2. RMIP concrete runways are a little dated, but its the only concrete one availiable right now. If you search RMIP 2 on the STEX, you will find four files that all go together. Hope this helps.

Alex

Adrian, I miss you man.

vitorhnn

So, how is this project going?
Don't see activity here for a long while...
I'm a mod on SimcityBrasil =)

Koekie01

Quote from: vitorhnn on August 05, 2010, 07:40:30 AM
So, how is this project going?
Don't see activity here for a long while...

That you don't see a lot of posts here doesn't mean there isn't a lot of activity. I'm not a member of the AC-team, but if you read the last post from the creators you will see that they are far, but not ready. The biggest thing isn't in their hands, but in jeronij's, because he's working on a new light system, what will be in the new RMIP-3 pack.

If you don't know what I mean, take a look at this post, posted by Gwail in december (yes, indeed, time is going fast):

Quote from: Gwail on December 15, 2009, 12:07:46 AM
Gilikov1994, dank u! I do hope you won't have to wait too long :).

All right. I was talking much about the new lights lately. No, because new lights, yes but after new lights, maybe when new lights, new lights, new lights. Many ideas, many tests, many fails. There has much time passed after last pic of new lights I've posted, so let's make some "controlled unofficial leak". Take a look, what we're working on. It's not the final version, but I've said before, it's very promising.

Besides the lot of work there is still to do, Gwail and Voltaire are having a Real life, (I think) they are not robots.  ;)

Yes, you're not the only one (well, I think you are), who can't wait for the release. But they will only release it when it's better then best, when they think: for this time, it can't be better.

I hope I have helped you with this.   :)

Tim

PS. By the way, I see that you are new on SC4 Devotion! Welcome!