• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Plopable grass ISSUE: indicator turns red after some plops

Started by superhands, March 11, 2008, 08:38:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

superhands

when placing grass, 1x1 tile, the game lets you plop the item again and again without having to click on the icon from the menu. some occassions this has stopped working and has left me having to click on it time after time to plop it in my city.
any idea?
david

CasperVg

I have been experiencing the same trouble with various 1x1 lots. It's wierd
Follow my SimCity 4 Let's play on YouTube

snorrelli

It happens all the time to me too. I notice if I move the cursor somewhere else on the map (sometimes just 10-15 tiles N, S, E or W), it turns blue again and I can then bring it back and plop where I wanted without opening the menu.

Also, it runs in streaks. If I'm plopping retaining walls or fences, for example, I may need to put 30 of them down in a row. The game will often let me put 10-12 and then the cursor starts turning red after each plop. Each time, I move the cursor away from the area until it turns blue and then bring it back to plop. I may have to do this for another 10 or so, but eventually it lets me start plopping one after another again...
Have you ever had the Prop Pox? Join us to help find a vaccine or a cure.

Totuna e dac-ai murit flăcău ori moş îngârbovit;
Dar nu-i totuna leu să mori ori câine-nlănţuit.

mightygoose

yeah it happens to everyone i think... no clue why.....
NAM + CAM + RAM + SAM, that's how I roll....

Alfred.Jones

Quote from: snorrelli on March 11, 2008, 11:46:28 PM
I notice if I move the cursor somewhere else on the map (sometimes just 10-15 tiles N, S, E or W), it turns blue again and I can then bring it back and plop where I wanted without opening the menu.

I've found that too.

It doesn't last very long on mine though and I have noticed it happens on Jeronij's fenced parks aswell ()what()

Sim City 4 Devotion

City Builder

Yup happens to me on many different one by one lots.  Some new hole digging lots I got yesterday do the same thing.  I just do like the other person and move my magic cursor somewhere else till it turns blue then bring it back again, usually another 5 or so times and then it stays blue for a while longer till it happens again.  Rinse and Repeat until my job is done with that item.
When your tired of games of destruction, come to CityBuilderGames.com to discuss games of Construction!
Oh!  Thanks for the negative rep, I love you too!

Andreas

I know the phenomenon as well. And as you said, moving the cursor a few tiles away and back usually does the trick. I can only suppose it has something to do with the number of plugins that is installed, since it rarely (or maybe never) happened when I was testing some stuff with an empty plugins folder.
Andreas

superhands

solution: sims can live with out grass
maybe it to do with LE or somthing. i do have a lot of custom grass (save as lots) from LE.

dragonshardz

yep that hapened to me as well, but not only when placing a great deal of 1x1 seawall lots but also when placing 1x3 seawall lots. I suppose it is unavoidable but since it doesn't make the game work any less well I don't think it's much of a problem.

Wow. Lots of run-ons and stream-of-conciousness coming out of me today. Must be all that standardized testing that determines whether I graduate from high school or not.

Stopping myself here so I don't hijack the thread too much more.

~~Dragonshardz~~

cws2710

It happens to me with all of the lots. Usually with the small lots like 1x1, 1x2 or 2x1.
When I move my cursor away about 10 tiles it turns green.

RebaLynnTS

I have also had this to happen when plopping several copies of the same lot. I will generally just let the game sit for about 60 seconds, then everything seems to work fine for a while. Ploping at a slower rate, also seems to keep it from happening at all. It seems to be happening more often when the city gets more full, than in a nearly empty city.

Maybe someone needs to chart city stats, plugin folder size, and speed of ploping, to see if there is a corilation some where.
Becca

Look for me at ... Becca At Bat

HandsOn

I used to get that quite a lot with 1x1 lots. Then I turned off the UI Translucency and the graphical cursor and it disappeard for a long time. And just yesterday, after installing the new digger lots, its back - weird. Methinks EA ought to right by everyone and come up with some more up-to-date graphics drivers..  &mmm

Why not visit The Empire MD
Just updated on July 2nd, 2008
And after the game's done.. - The Storyteller's Logbook

jmyers2043

I get this sometimes. It usually occurs after I bulldoze a residential or commercial area and then want to place a small plop such as a park.
Jim Myers  (5th member of SC4 Devotion)