• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

In-game menu problems(?)

Started by HandsOn, April 13, 2008, 06:25:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HandsOn

Perchance this is the wrong place, and quite possibly the answer is already written down somewhere, but after an hours trawling through threads, I am going to ask it anyway: Is it possible to reorder menu items? Amd is it also possible to reassign a custom lot to another category menu.

It appears that the Rewards menu has a limit: after installing some recent downloads - and no I cannot point to a specific download - items that are in the plug-in folder (and appear in several cities) have disapperared from the menu. Items in case are, for example, Simgoober's Farm stuff, and Smaill's Tobbaco lots, plus others. I am running the unlock-rewards mod, thus that is a possible candidate for the problem.

All and any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Why not visit The Empire MD
Just updated on July 2nd, 2008
And after the game's done.. - The Storyteller's Logbook

Travis

QuotePerchance this is the wrong place, and quite possibly the answer is already written down somewhere, but after an hours trawling through threads, I am going to ask it anyway: Is it possible to reorder menu items? Amd is it also possible to reassign a custom lot to another category menu.
It's yes on both counts- if you want to re-order a lot's position in its menu, all you have to do is change the ItemOrder property. The higher the number you give it, the farther down the menu it will appear. On the second question, this can be accomplished by the changing the Occupant Group property, but you will also have to give the lot the matching Query Exemplar GUID to prevent the lot from crashing.

Hope that helps somewhat, and if you need more help don't hesitate to ask. :)

HandsOn

Quote from: Travis on April 13, 2008, 07:28:12 PM
Hope that helps somewhat, and if you need more help don't hesitate to ask. :)

Thanks, this certainly helps. Spoken like a true expert: can you alsdo tell me how I accomplish this feat? What do I use. Is there a tutorial somewhere?

Diggis

Open the lot file in the reader and the building expemplar should have an item order property that you need to change.  If it doesn't open one that does (pretty much any modular set like the BSC paths or Pegs Ponds) and copy it across.

HandsOn

Quote from: Diggis on April 14, 2008, 02:16:43 AM
Open the lot file in the reader and the building expemplar should have an item order property that you need to change.  If it doesn't open one that does (pretty much any modular set like the BSC paths or Pegs Ponds) and copy it across.

Thanks, Diggis. You always do know (how come??). You wouldn't have any idea about the missing items from the rewards menu, would you?

Diggis

Hmmm, nope.  Although experiance tells me that you are probably just not seeing them.  I've searched the same folder a number of times without finding something that is right in front of my face.

Maybe if you tell us what it is thats missing it will help.  Also, try giving them a negative item order and they will appear at the top.

I know how to do this as I was doing it for myself.  I tend to do as you are and when something bugs me, try to fix it myself.

HandsOn

As for the disappearing stuff: all of SimGoober's farm rewards (like the tobacco farm and processing plant), two or three of Shmail's old city pubs and fachwerk buildings. I've used the buildingplop cheat and they are in the list and do plop without a problem. But they are truly gone from the menu. Trouble is, I don't know when it started because I had not used them for quite some time until I started a new region..  :'(

And yes, HandsOn likes "hands-on" - I just wish I knew more about the batting, lotting, and modding..

xxdita

I had this same problem, after using the cheat mod for so long, then coming in and finding all of the BSC reward chains and such. The cheat mod doesn't trigger custom rewards apparently. Just type in "you don't deserve it", and they are all still there though.

HandsOn

Quote from: xxdita on April 14, 2008, 02:50:00 AM
I had this same problem, after using the cheat mod for so long, then coming in and finding all of the BSC reward chains and such. The cheat mod doesn't trigger custom rewards apparently. Just type in "you don't deserve it", and they are all still there though.

You're a star..!!  &apls