• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

RHW (RealHighway) - Development and Support

Started by Tarkus, April 13, 2007, 09:10:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Exla357

Thanks for your clarification GDO29Anagram.

Ok, my excitement for NAM release furthers  &hlp I have a question about the NAM release, since this'll be the first "new" NAM release for me as I have only been involved with SC4 custom content about 8 months.

When NAM 30 is released, will new variants of everything, ie. NWM v.2, RHW 4.2, ect, will that all be released at the same time?

Just wanted to get that off my shoulders so I know how excited I can get  :)

-Alex

PS: It can't be more than 2 months, right?

GDO29Anagram

@Exla357:

First of all, we won't know for sure when the new NAM and plugins are done til they're done. :P (Plus, it makes for a better surprise for those watching...)

Second, when NAM v30, RHW v4.2, and NWM 2.0 are released, it will be all at once.
<INACTIVE>
-----
Simtropolis | YouTube | MLP Forums

Tarkus

Quote from: Tracker on June 10, 2011, 06:13:59 PM
RHW 4.2 should really be called 5.0 to indicate its major content additions, and then the multi-level goal could be in a future 6.0 release.

That thought had crossed my mind.  When we initially started calling it 4.2, it was going to be a much smaller release along the lines of 4.1.  4.1 was in development for about 3 months after we released 4.0.  4.2's been in development 10 months so far since 4.1.  We're also already calling the new texture set "V5-Spec". 

-Alex

Exla357

I was just browsing the early pages of this thread and look what I found at the bottom of page two, the very first cameo appearance of Secret Weapon #2, in post made by our very own Transit Modding Armadillo over 4 years ago!

Quote from: Tarkus on April 21, 2007, 06:45:32 PM
Plus, the RHW will also eventually be available in a Double-Decker version:

Further updates on these projects will be posted here as they occur. ;)

-Alex

After 4 years, DDRHW made it!!!!!  :)

GDO29Anagram

@Exla: I've actually known about that for a while (but I kept it to myself)... :P :P :P I've read through the past pages... (Better late than never, I guess.)

Those were the days of puzzle-based "RHWMIS-1" (at one point), terrible-looking textures, and just RHW-2, 4, and 6. The RHW back then only had two or three menu icons, a handful of puzzle pieces and ramps (The RHW-4 curves, the A, B, and C-Ramp, and dual RHW-4 splitters), and no elevated counterparts.

Go back even further and RHW just consisted of just two widths: 2 and 4. Nothing else. No ramps, no transitions, no MIS, no anything. What an ant... $%Grinno$%

Now look at where it's at today... Nearly 50 ramps, with an estimated 300 possible ramp interfaces, all of which would overload the Ramps menu button. About a dozen menu buttons, elevated RHWs, with more heights to come, FARHW, cosmetic pieces, an even more extensive array of curves, and a vast array of transitions. And now, three Weapons of Mass Construction: DRIs (The first ever RHW WMC), FlexSPUI, and DDRHW. It continues to amaze me how far RHW has gone.
<INACTIVE>
-----

jacksunny

Wow those old RHW textures are awful. This project has come a long way.

Exla357

Quote from: GDO29Anagram on June 10, 2011, 08:41:35 PM
@Exla: I've actually known about that for a while (but I kept it to myself)... :P :P :P I've read through the past pages... (Better late than never, I guess.)

Those were the days of puzzle-based "RHWMIS-1" (at one point), terrible-looking textures, and just RHW-2, 4, and 6. The RHW back then only had two or three menu icons, a handful of puzzle pieces and ramps (The RHW-4 curves, the A, B, and C-Ramp, and dual RHW-4 splitters), and no elevated counterparts.

Go back even further and RHW just consisted of just two widths: 2 and 4. Nothing else. No ramps, no transitions, no MIS, no anything. What an ant... $%Grinno$%

Now look at where it's at today... Nearly 50 ramps, with an estimated 300 possible ramp interfaces, all of which would overload the Ramps menu button. About a dozen menu buttons, elevated RHWs, with more heights to come, FARHW, cosmetic pieces, an even more extensive array of curves, and a vast array of transitions. And now, three Weapons of Mass Construction: DRIs (The first ever RHW WMC), FlexSPUI, and DDRHW. It continues to amaze me how far RHW has gone.

Holy......wow that's incredible. I wonder what astounds me more...what we have now or what we didn't have then!

RHW RULES!!!!!!!

Ramona Brie

RHW 3.0 had to be the turning point for the franchise and really the first modern RHW release.

Now it's just stunning. Since NAM 30, RHW 4.2, and NWM 2 are to be released together, and since especially RHW 4.2 appears to be in late development, I think it'll be 30-45 days before a release. But that's just me.

j-dub

Just to be safe, I would not go about picking dates. Its better to be surprised then, you know, the opposite of that.

I have not even yet seen ramps for the double decker  RHW  yet. In comparison, this:
is fully functional.

io_bg

Quote from: Tracker on June 10, 2011, 09:22:03 PMand since especially RHW 4.2 appears to be in late development, I think it'll be 30-45 days before a release. But that's just me.
Well, in my opinion it would take longer. As far as I remember last year testing took the RHW guys something like a month or two. But... we can be sure that the release will be this summer, right? ;D
Visit my MD, The region of Pirgos!
Last updated: 28 November

ivo_su

By my calculations and forecasts it will be ready by mid-August. And that makes exactly one full year from the last cycle of release.
RHW is really quite advanced, but other projects are needed more time - at least I think so.

Ivo

canyonjumper

I prefer to be surprised, I remember my reaction to logging in to the LEX last Mother's Day and seeing NWM there, I was so happy :P
I'm the one who jumped across the Grand Canyon... and lived.

metarvo

Yes, I would like it if it was a surprise.  Of course, with the way things are going now, I bet I'll be checking for this every day if possible.  So, I say, bring on the surprises and the WMCs. (another acronym ::) )
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

Jack_wilds

Quote from: canyonjumper on June 11, 2011, 09:35:46 PM
I prefer to be surprised, I remember my reaction to logging in to the LEX last Mother's Day and seeing NWM there, I was so happy :P

...me too!!  :D  ???

Exla357

I'm gonna take a guess at WMC #3 and say that it's..........I don't know, Multi-Height EMIS?!?!?!

Only time will tell....

-Alex

GDO29Anagram

@Exla:

First of all, there's already THREE WMCs:
- Draggable Ramp Interfaces (DRIs) - RHW v4.0
- FlexSPUI - RHW v4.2
- DDRHW - RHW v4.2

I would say that the FlexFly would also constitute as a WMC, but there's no video for it... :P

Second of all, we're nowhere near that yet; It's estimated that MH-RHW would be a v5 feature.
<INACTIVE>
-----

MandelSoft

Yeah, MTG (the other Maarten) hasn't finished work on this yet (I think). I can ensure you it's not even available in our alpha-builds of the RHW. Also, the diagonal crossings for this network are a hell: there are over a 100(!) puzzle pieces for a lot of possible crossing setups.

To make a long story short: no, this isn't the WMC #3. There's a lot that needs to be done here. Moreover, I actually do know what the WMC #3 actually is...  ;)

Best,
Maarten
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

ivo_su

Maarten you might know but you may not tell us.
I bet that Alex will soon inform us when it has finished the video course.  ;) ;) ;)

Best,
Ivo

gooper1

You should make a RHW-2 centered in-between 2 tiles. It would be useful for making 2-lane freeways designed for possible expansion to 4 lanes if needed. Also, a RHW-4>Centered RHW-2 transition, and a variant with 2 MIS ramps stemming from the outer lanes of the RHW-4 (like a Type-C ramp).
Also, it would make it a lot easier to build small, aesthetically pleasing interchanges where an RHW-4 diverges -one lane exiting, the other continuing to form a RHW-2 mainline.

-Gooper1

-P.S. Don't make this a necessity, though.
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into
(")_(") your signature to help him gain world domination

Bunny is a friend of weasels. So should you. GO WEASELS GO!

Ramona Brie

Is it something equally as powerful as the other two Secret Weapons? Is it those RHW-8 bridges I've seen poking out in your MD?