• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

RHW (RealHighway) - Development and Support

Started by Tarkus, April 13, 2007, 09:10:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

citybuilderx

Wait - does this mean most multi-height RHWs will be released simultaneously&dance
Aim for the stars and you might make the moon,
aim for the moon and you might not get there.

gn_leugim

esto

Looks great - RHW and NAM is the reason I am still playing Simcity 10 years later.

Are there any plans to make tight RWH-4 and MIS curves?  I ask because I find it extremely difficult to build inner city interchanges.

GDO29Anagram

Quote from: esto on April 22, 2012, 08:13:44 AM
Are there any plans to make tight RWH-4 and MIS curves?

I doubt a 90-deg RHW-4 curve would be realistic (or safe), but there's already a 90-deg MIS curve.

Try dragging a 90-deg bend with the MIS network and see what happens. As for the RHW-4, just draw two 45-deg bends together.
<INACTIVE>
-----
Simtropolis | YouTube | MLP Forums

Tarkus

Quote from: woodb3kmaster on April 20, 2012, 07:51:04 PM
(I also look forward to being able to make ramps and diagonals for them; my offer to make more models still stands. Perhaps we could discuss this via PM?)

Absolutely. :thumbsup:

Quote from: citybuilderx on April 21, 2012, 03:01:26 AM
Wait - does this mean most multi-height RHWs will be released simultaneously&dance

Indeed it does. :)

-Alex

gn_leugim

I still have some models for the elevated networks with me too  :thumbsup:

MandelSoft

Well, after some few trial and error experimentation, I finally got to handle bridge modding. After "doubling" some of the bridges I had in my plugins folder (eventually with success), I decided to model a cable-stayed compact RHW-6S bridge. After a few hours work, I managed to get this (click to enlarge):

It's based upon this bridge from Zaltbommel (the Netherlands): http://maps.google.nl/?ll=51.817954,5.260048&spn=0.177211,0.445976&t=h&z=12&layer=c&cbll=51.818163,5.260041&panoid=ww9o7R1Lca3erMw5mVuQqg&cbp=12,179.62,,0,-15.59

I still have to manage the LODs for rendering and the IID allocation of the model, but I think I might get this beauty fully functional in not a too long time...

Best,
Maarten
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

noahclem

Fantastic work Maarten  &apls &apls  Really great!

io_bg

Beautiful, we definitely need some more RHW bridges :thumbsup:
Visit my MD, The region of Pirgos!
Last updated: 28 November

GDO29Anagram

Quote from: io_bg on April 27, 2012, 01:28:30 PM
Beautiful, we definitely need some more RHW bridges

I think it's safe to say that we all do... :)
<INACTIVE>
-----

apeguy

Wow, now that is awesome. It somewhat reminds me of the Øresund Bridge, except it only has one deck. I can't wait to see this released. ;D ;D

The Deltan Empire is here! Click the Banner to have a look! | Kanalka City, Capital of the Barrier Islands

PlayStation Network ID: theapeguy

bthersh

mike3775

That bridge is awesome mrtnrln.  Best of luck getting it finalized

xannepan

Paul 999

Nice bridge :thumbsup: but the real bridges don't have emergency lanes :P

ivo_su

It is unbelievable how perfect it looks that this bridge. Congratulations Maarten you really do amazing things, your work always brings pleasure to others. Before the time had told me that it is possible to create a RHW-C type bridge. This also is more than great, but I think that C-type will be much more useful.

Best,
- Ivo

chosenreject

That bridge is amazing! I think we have all been needing something like that for some time now... will you be releasing it separately to the stex or will this be included in the next nam?

GDO29Anagram

Quote from: ivo_su on April 28, 2012, 03:03:01 AM
Before the time had told me that it is possible to create a RHW-C type bridge. This also is more than great, but I think that C-type will be much more useful.

Ivo, it's actually a 6S bridge; Specifically, it's a dual/double 6S bridge.

I once stated that a dual 6S bridge can look like a 6C bridge if the SC4 grid isn't displayed... So why 6S? Dual RHW-4 and dual RHW-6S take up two tiles, and what else is two tiles? MHW, which is an effective bridge-building network.

6C is much trickier; That thing's three tiles wide...
<INACTIVE>
-----

jondor

I did try tricking the bridge RULs into building a three tile wide bridge with no luck (one can always hope, right?), and since bridges cannot be directly adjacent to each other, the only really feasible alternative from a capacity and functionality standpoint is the zero-slope method used by the DBE.
All new animated railroad crossing props for networks of all sizes! (Phase 1 complete)--> http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=13209

Mostly writing pony stories on FimFiction.net, but Cities: Skylines is my new best friend.  Anything and everything I made for SimCity 4 is fair game for use and distribution.

Shadow Assassin

There is actually a third option: 2x RHW bridges with an overhanging model in the middle. It has overhanging paths, but it's probably not the most ideal solution because overhanging paths can be... troublesome.
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
See my uploads on the LEX!