• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Will Wright leaves EA

Started by jmdude1, April 08, 2009, 06:32:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jmdude1

http://multiplayerblog.mtv.com/2009/04/08/will-wright-leaves-ea/

yeh, its from mtv...maybe not the best link for news...hehe..but, its true. will wright has left ea to pursue his interests in stupid fan club.
i wonder if this effects any possible, however remotely, release of another simcity game? i know people have already changed the game
so much which is great, but a new simcity game would be cool too.

any opinions on this?

mightygoose

as far as i can see its a departmental change, Basically EA are worried that more of Will Wrights supposed innovative toys are going to flop like societies and spore, so they have put him in a sandbox where he can brainstorm all he likes and EA get the first pick of any actually good ideas that he has.... EA have actually created an Oddball Game Factory... something we joke about but never thought about seriously lol. WIll still works for EA, nothings changed. he now has even less say in the next simcity though lol.
NAM + CAM + RAM + SAM, that's how I roll....

RickD

I don't think Will Wright will ever make a new Sim City anyway. I have read several interviews with him where he said that he likes to explore new things. And that is what he will be doing in his new company. And after what he said about games being too complicated and that they should be more casual I think that a new Sim City game from him would be a similar disappointment as Societies.
I have great respect for Will Wright and am very thankful that he created this wonderful game but I am not sure if I would want him to make Sim City 5.  &mmm
My name is Raphael.
Visit my MD: Empire Bay (My old MD: Santa Barbara County)