• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Meinhosen's tour in Iraq

Started by meinhosen, January 30, 2007, 07:30:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Giligone

Great photos! That's just breathtaking. The view from up there must have been amazing.

Alek King of SC4

awesome insight i love this thread pics from a politically charged crazy place, but totally raw, without agenda and intersting thanks for sharing.

oh yeah and that winding road looks like something Jeronij would build  :D

Badsim

Meinhosen ... sometimes we don't find words . Sometimes they come so grievously that we hesitate to write them . These eyes & smiles are open windows , I have had to close them again feeling an incommensurable dizziness coming . I would like to thank you but I can't .

°   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °

meinhosen

Thank you all for the kind comments!

Since this is a SC4 site, I'm going to show you all a building I saw in Mosul, and I'd like some comments/thoughts on what you all think it might possibly be.

Hint: It's not a Mosque  ;)

From a different angle:

And once more:

One last time, from above (building is in the center of the pic) : 

This ought to be interesting....  ;D
You're telling me I get to be home for more than 12 months?

Gaston

I have no idea.   My first guess would have been a Mosque.    It looks like Noah's Ark.   Maybe part of a zoo?   A funky control tower?   But from the over head shot it can't be.   I am stumpped.

---Gaston
白龍

They say that the memory is the second thing that goes....
...dang , I wish I could remember the first.
WooHoo made Councilman - 05 FEB 07 Yipee made Mayor - 13 MAR 07 Hip Hip Hooray made Governor - 04 AUG 07 Rock On made Senator - 15 MAR 09

CabraBuitre

My first guess would be a museum.... but then again, it kinda looks like Noah's ark... is it a church?

Check out Abelfarei!

Cali

i don't know what is is ,but it's breathtaking. a really big tugboat that got beached?
"It's not a design flaw, It's my signature"

Giligone

haha, my first thought was it looked like a boat. But it doesn't seem like there's any water there. So, **shrug** &Thk/(

Rayden

meinhosen

LOL - Rayden wins.  I totally forgot that I posted that while I was in Kuwait.

Quote from: Rayden
No comments $%Grinno$%

Rayden

Hehe, it took me a while to spot it, as from a few kilometres from the air, it's a tiny place not well visible. I had to zoom it down bellow 1000 meters and do a complete linear trace through the whole Mosul area to find it. :satisfied:

meinhosen

I gotta hand it to you guys, those were some interesting responses.   My hat's off for the tugboat comment (Cali and Giligone) and the control tower/zoo (Gaston)- I never would have thought of that.

EDIT Oh man, Cabre, I completely missed your post.  Close guesses on two counts, and I'd say that it would make a pretty cool museum. 
Thanks to Rayden for the sharp eyes.

The following pictures are two of my very favorites.

Enjoy.

Rayden

Quote from: CabraBuitre on February 11, 2007, 11:20:48 AM
My first guess would be a museum.... but then again, it kinda looks like Noah's ark... is it a church?

CabraBuitre's guess was good, if he had missed those  ...  and the question if it was a church :P

About those last pictures, children, even on a war zone, looks always fantastic.  :thumbsup:

Giligone

Those are some great pics. Are either of those you?

Vandy

Hi, Meinhosen.

I must say I was quite interesting in learning what that building was.  Noah's Ark Church!  How interesting.  Did you ever get a chance to go to Mosul?

I love your pictures of the children.  As Rayden pointed out, even in a war zone, children are children.  Great pictures from a great photographer!

Regards,

Gary

In the end you will see, you is you and me is me.  © May 29, 1980