• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Giligone's Photographic Hodgepodge

Started by Giligone, February 15, 2007, 08:00:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Giligone

Hey fellow photo enthusiasts. I'm a bit of a budding photographer. I'd really like to get serious with it... but alas, that requires $$$. In this thread I'll post some of my favourite pics (that I've taken) for your viewing pleasure. Feel free to comment and give feedback as that will help me hone my craft. I'll start with 2 this time to get the ball rolling but usually I'll just do 1 pic at a time I think.

Note: I've added watermarks to ensure that my work doesn't get stolen (not that any of you would but better safe than sorry  ::) )

Tower and Leaf: A Canadian Scene

This is possibly my favourite pic. I was in downtown Toronto, well let me digress here. I'm a big skyscraper fan, I love them, they are so big and cool! Anyway, so I was downtown toronto with my camera... needless to say many pics were taken. For this one I looked up and took a pic of the Scotiabank Plaza and then I checked my screen and low and behold I'd caught a leaf falling in the shot.

A Glorious Nova Scotian Sunset

This is an older pic. I love it so much though. So beautiful.

I hope you like these pics as much as I do! More to come.

sam

That's a beautiful sunset  &apls. I used to love photographing sunsets.
The sky scraper is very artistic with the leaf falling.

dedgren

That's a fabulous skyscraper pic.  The leaf is very evocative.

Good idea as to the watermark.  You just never know...

On the other hand, there's folks like me- if I post a pic here, unless I would expressly say otherwise, as far as I'm concerned it's public domain.  All I'd ask for is credit if it's reused straight out in someone else's work.

Take care, my friend.

David
D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax

Cali

great photo. love that skyscraper. the leaf just added to the beauty of it all thank you for sharing :)
"It's not a design flaw, It's my signature"

Vandy

Hello, Gilligone.

My apologies for not replying sooner and welcoming you to Memories Frozen In Time.  I certainly am glad to read you've opened a thread here in The Artist's  Place forums and am looking forward to your continued participation.

QuoteTower and Leaf: A Canadian Scene

What a great (accidental) composition.  Talk about showing mass against fluff; weight against waif; stability against flighiyness -- well, you get the idea.  This really turned out great.  I very much like the play and contrast of dark versus light in this picture.

QuoteA Glorious Nova Scotian Sunset

I have seen many, many sunset pictures but I don't believe I've seen one that so subtly yet forcefully state the contrast between the day leaving and the evening coming in.  What a wonderful, beautiful picture this is.  Great work.

I really look forward to more, Gilligone.  Thanks for posting these.

Regards,

Gary

In the end you will see, you is you and me is me.  © May 29, 1980