• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Province of Clontarf - Update 10 - Elsmere

Started by tooheys, June 01, 2007, 08:41:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kwakelaar

This is a very well made zoo, I enjoyed looking at all the different parts. The bird sanctuary with the watchtowers is a nice twist and the making the entrance with Matt's bats is a good idea.

Nardo69

I almost liked - but where is that 14 ' live steam railway that carries all the lazy railway AND animal loving people through the park?

naah ... just a choke! Nicely put together, I know some zoos who would be glad to have so much space and so nice laid out animal areas!

Reminds of my longterm-planned-but-never-began park project ...

Take care!

Bernhard  :thumbsup:

Fabian93

Fantastic work on that zoo &apls &apls
I really like it and I've never even thought of doing something like this :thumbsup:.
It looks pretty real and I'd love to visit it ;D

Keep up the great work and I'm definitively looking forward to more,
Fabian ;)

ecoba

Okie, Dokie, I can see your pics now, Dave.

Wow, a huge Safari park that is! Is Colton a large quad, it seems like it must be compared to the other towns that are finished. By the way, did you hand terraform Clontarf, Dave?

Wow, quite a large variety of animals, and I like the way you did the enclosures, very cool how the TPW comes right up to the wall. Bears, and Elephants, and Lions, and Giraffes, and Hippos, and Rhinos, oh my. I hope the Clontarfanians (Is that what the people of Clontarf would be called?) like animals as much as I do! Really, you can spend the night in the park? Wow! I think I would really like to experience that, although I might be a little worried about the Lions getting out. Make sure those walls are stable! or else... well the park might lose some visitors.

Quote:) Perv Watch towers...

Uhm, well, I'm just, worried here, Dave... I have nothing more to say. Something in the water there in Australia?..... seems like there.......

You okay, Dave?

Ethan....  &sly

Jmouse

I've traversed the Colton Plains Zoo and Safari Park from one end to the other at least a dozen times now, and each time I see something that makes me smile and say, "Wow, I didn't notice that before!"

You haven't missed a single detail. In fact, you've included many which most city builders would have missed. The whole thing has a "wild" look to it (yes, I hear you snickering, but it's true!). I've never seen a multitude of components like this - RRP ground cover, rocks, fences, TPW, water flora, etc. - used together so effectively.

Commenting on each picture doesn't seem like exactly the right thing to do - how many ways can one say, "Absolutely gorgeous scenery!"

Guess it's best to just say the zoo has set Clontarf apart and into an elite class by itself, and placed your design skills at about 12 on a scale of 1-10!

Absolutely gorgeous scenery, BTW... :)
Joan

Battlecat

Fantastic job on this zoo.  You've paid great attention to all the details.  You've even got the maintenance yard in there!

Tomas Neto

djvandrake

What can I say other than wow?  WOW!  Everything looks great.  The trees, the fences, the waterways meant to keep visitor and four legged residents apart.  You've done an absolutely first rate job on this zoo Dave, and this update was joy to visit.  Bravo!  &apls

mrbisonm

There are so many CJ's and MD's out there, impossible to see them all, but once in awhile I have a quick glimpse at some of them, just like I did with yours tonight and......then there's that...*Wow-effect*....in a few of these MD's I visit, and this is one of them....Big Wow too. lol. I just had to leave a comment.
Man, have you ever worked hard in your LE, I thought I do a lot with it, but this surely beats me I think.....lol ;) Everything is so well and realisticly done, I am amazed. You must have spent a lot of time creating that safari-zoo, do you ever get to see the sun outside irl? lol

Fantastic work, it's the next best thing of being there....and whatdoyouknow....I just visited a Safari Zoo in Clontarf!  :thumbsup:

BTW, I really liked that lion on top of the car. ;) well observed.

mrb/ Fred

....Uploading the MFP 1.... (.........Finishing the MFP1)

tooheys

Replies

joelyboy911: Thanks very much Joel  :)

Bobbi: Hi bobbi, thanks.

art128: Thanks Arthur, I guess that's why it took so long. Everytime I thought I was done,
I came up with something else to add  :D Appreciate the comments.

kwakelaar: Thanks kwakelaar. The entrance had me stumped for awhile, then I remembered
Matt's Mail Distribution Centre. They work quite well, as long as you hide the Australian Post signs  :)

Nardo69: lol, but I wish you had mentioned that a lot earlier, the train is a great idea. A single line
could fit around the zoo quite nicely  ;) Oh well, next region ::) Thanks for the comments mate.

Fabian93: Thanks Fabian, I'm pleased you enjoyed the update.

ecoba: Hi Ethan, well Colton is on a medium quad. The region is hand terraformed,
at the moment it's a bit rough and I will add more detail as I build on each quad. Thanks for
visiting, and you can stay at the zoo anytime you want. Although there is a rather
lengthy disclaimer you need to sign - just in case  $%Grinno$%

Jmouse: Thanks Joan, I'll pay you later  :D Well you had been asking for updates on the
update regularily on chat so it's great you enjoyed the end result.

Battlecat: Thanks Battlecat. Just had to have the maintenace yard, got to keep the
fences in good shape  ;)

Tomas Neto: Thanks Tomas, appreciate the comments.

djvandrake: It makes the effort all worthwhile with the great comments received. Thanks djvandrake.

mrbisonm:What's the sun  $%Grinno$% To be honest, I didn't realise
when I came up with the zoo idea, how much time and LE work would be involved,
but I enjoyed putting it all together. Thanks for dropping by Fred  :).

The Assassin's Inn

Sorry for the delay between updates peeps. I'm slowly getting back into things and thought
I'd better start with outstanding rewards. Today's is the pub requested by Shadow Assassin, Battlecat's
and Joan's will follow shortly.

A rather ominous name, but the pub is actually named after an early settler in the region and a
keen fisherman. A bit of a legend of his time, his technique was to cast into the shadows of the
trees along the bank. On most days, one cast, one fish and thus he earned his name,
the Shadow Assassin. But that was just too long for a pub name, so the "Shadow" was eventually
dropped, and these days The Assassin's Inn remains a popular waterhole for locals and zoo visitors alike.

Well hopefully I won't keep you waiting as long for the next update.

Cheers

Dave

Ennedi

That's a beautiful place Dave, I love the Inn, trees, shoreline with the waterfront... everything!  :thumbsup:

PS. Maybe there is a bit of truth in the legend, do you see the Shadow Car at the front of the Inn?...  ;)

New Horizons Productions
Berethor - beskhu3epnm - blade2k5 - dmscopio - dedgren - Emilin - Ennedi
jplumbley - moganite - M4346 - nichter85 - papab2000 - Shadow Assassin - Tarkus - wouanagaine

Tomas Neto

Schulmanator

The areas around the inn looks great. And, with a name like that, sounds like a great place to put the mother in law when she is in town!  ;D
See the all-new National Capital Region!:http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=15118.0

Battlecat

Very cool update indeed!  That's a neat idea for an inn.  That small community on the peninsula looks really nice!

ecoba

Good to see you back, Dave.

I was wondering what was keeping ya'. Afraid you'd been attacked by the lions at the zoo or something.  $%Grinno$%

Anyway, Daniel's little reward is looking cool. Does the inn have a restaurant in it, maybe a menu can be seen if so, and I know that they'll have a large selection of Dave's favourite beer.  :D Anyway, I think it's cool that the inn is on a peninsula in the middle of a lake, a very inventive idea indeed. And I think that Adam is right, what's up with the Shadow car?

Ethan

bat

Nardo69

At Kalamis at the Anatolian (Asian) side of Istanbul we have such a peninusla, too. However this is the place of the rich (or rich wannabees) and (more or less, mostly less) beautiful. Had been there once, never liked it.

But that pub looks nice, and if they have some nice meals and beer for a reasonable price let's meet there! ;)

Take care my friend, Thank You Very Much for your Pm

and

Happy New Year!

Bernhard  :thumbsup:

TheTeaCat

Very nice update Dave &apls

Very clever little story on how the pub got its name. :thumbsup:
Excellent work with the TPW, that's some superb detailing along the banks &apls

Sorry I didn't leave a comment regarding the Zoo but I can just imagine the amount of time that took :D
It looks amazing, now I know where top reference when and if I ever build one ;)

Till next time

Derry
Kettle's on. Milk? Sugars?    ps I don't like Earl Grey  $%Grinno$%
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle - If you're not part of the solution , you're part of the problem!
"Never knock on Death's door: Ring the bell and run away! Death really hates that!"
Tales at TeaTime      Now A proper NUT      TTC plays GRV II

Jmouse

Quote from: tooheys on December 30, 2009, 12:09:57 AM
...the pub is actually named after an early settler in the region and a keen fisherman. A bit of a legend of his time, his technique was to cast into the shadows of the trees along the bank. On most days, one cast, one fish and thus he earned his name, the Shadow Assassin. But that was just too long for a pub name, so the "Shadow" was eventually dropped, and these days The Assassin's Inn remains a popular waterhole for locals and zoo visitors alike.

That's the flimsiest excuse for a story I ever saw, but I still got a good chuckle out of it!

So glad to see you're back to working on Clontarf, Dave. The Inn looks great. I don't recognize the BAT, but it's a good one and it fits quite well in those surroundings.

You did a fine job on the terraforming, and I think it would be safe to say you've mastered the art of using TPW! Overall, the park-like atmosphere makes this a very inviting place to spend an afternoon. :thumbsup:

Happy New Year, partner! See ya' in the next decade!

Later... :)
Joan

adroman

Excellent job, Tooheys... You have real skill with the Ploppable Water, as Joan said.

Love the story behind the pub  :D

Havva good one,
Adrian.
737s, Air Force, Australia... what next?