• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Three Rivers Region

Started by dedgren, December 20, 2006, 07:57:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Orange_o_

It is with an immense pleasure that I come on your topic david, and every time, it is a delight  &apls

°   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °  

ecoba

A great birthday wish to our good friend, Lora. Happy Birthday, Lora, and thanks to you for your wonderful insights into this game.  :)

Ethan

mayorfabz

It is indeed fascinating to have an insight into the thought process begind all the project. Over the past years you have definitely proven how much reflexion and thorough analysis you put into this, and I am truly impressed. Not a day goes by without me checking the latest news in 3RR, I guess you could call that compulsive lurking...  $%Grinno$%
So once again I tip my hat to the Grand Master of the gang who managed to renew my appetite for the game after I had lost my interest in it (Oh, the blasphemy!)

And of course, a very happy birthday to our dear Lora !  ()flower() ()flower() I wish you all the best.

Cheers,

Fabien

wes.janson

First off, A very happy birthday to Lora, may you enjoy many more.  :thumbsup:

David, I don't know what I am missing, but Vol 1 and 2 of the American Elms, Vol 1 and 2 of the Burr Oaks, and Vols 1 thru 4 of the White Oak are showing up as brown boxes (Well coloured cubes, as I use Johns OOPS Mod). Any ideas?

EDITSince it looks like you don't have the full 3RR-CP Seasonal Tree set (that goes for anyone else seeing boxes, btw), please DL in addition to Brian's (c.p. aka cycledogg) originals from the LEX as a dependency [linkie] the 3RR-CP sets attached below  Sorry for the hangup.. -DE

Henrik Sedin: 82gp 29g 83a 112p - 2009/2010 Art Ross/Hart Trophy winner!

ldvger

Wow!  What can I say?  Thank you David, so very much, for the birthday tribute, I'm flattered and a little overwhelmed. 

Yeah, so, now I'm 56 years young, but feeling middle-aged.  Many folks know of my ongoing dental woes and I am in the midst of yet another round.  I don't think there's anything that can make one feel old more so than losing one's teeth.  However, this current round, and the attendant solutions, should see me free and clear of dental woes for many, many years, so that is a good thing.

Many folks also know that I am a housing professional, a designer and drafter of single family homes, who has been sidelined these past 2 years by the implosion of the US housing industry.  So far, 2010 is shaping up to be a recovery year for me, as I finally was able to contract a small garage/apartment project at the end of January.  Then in March an old time client of mine sent me a nice, fat, juicy project, a 3500 sf new home, my first "real" project since late summer of 2008.  The fees for that project, while less than half my usual, couldn't have come at a better time, as my teeth had been bothering me since December and I was at a loss as to how to pay for getting the situation taken care of.  The March project allowed me to not only give my roommate some money for the first time in 18 months AND once again become financially independent of my mother and uncle, but also allowed me to begin my dental work.  Hallelooya!

Then, last Friday, just in time for my birthday, that same long time client emailed me with another new project, which in fact is actually 5 (count 'em, FIVE) new houses, all of which need to be completed and submitted for permits by the end of June.  It's a LOT of work in a very short period of time, and again the pay is less than half my usual, but it's WORK and it's MONEY.  So now I get to upgrade my dental work from temporary stop-gap measures to full-on permanent solutions, yahoo, AND will have enough left over to live on for at least 4-5 more months and still address other pressing financial matters. 

So while my ship has not come in, there's definitely smoke on the horizon.  Been a terrible long 2 years, folks, and I can't tell you how wonderful it is to be regaining some footing.

And David, I hate to burst your fantasy about my appearance, but I don't look anything like that gal on the half shell.  The pic in my sig is the RL me, although I'm the first to admit I don't look like that in daily life...that pic was taken during a modeling gig I did a good 10-12 years ago.  I'm a tall, slender middle-aged woman with long (natural) red hair and gray-green eyes behind rimless eyeglasses and next time you are flying through the Seattle area, we should get together for a chat-fest.   

Thank you all very much for the birthday wishes and who knows, maybe someday we really will solve the above sea level water problem.  One can only hope!

Lora/LD

wes.janson

EDITSince it looks like you don't have the full 3RR-CP Seasonal Tree set (that goes for anyone else seeing boxes, btw), please DL in addition to Brian's (c.p. aka cycledogg) originals from the LEX as a dependency [linkie] the 3RR-CP sets attached below  Sorry for the hangup.. -DE

Thanks David. That worked POI-FECT!  :thumbsup:

Jmouse

The mixture of colors shown in these Colorado aspens caught my eye.  Since they're deciduous, this must be a summer-to-fall transition. Looks like a few yellow leaves have already fallen, but it's hard to tell with the fence hiding much of the ground.

Just a passing thought...
:)
Joan

Masochist

Right, so I haven't seen a single page since the 200's that didn't have at least one game-changing project on it.  Seven years on, and we're only scratching the surface (well...you're going at it with a jack-hammer ;)...).  Awesome work would be a bit of an understatement at this point, I think $%Grinno$%.

(Under Construction)

dedgren

Ploppable seasonal tree teaser.

fall

late fall

winter

n.b. I'm interested in why bare trees would cast leafy shadows... sigh.  Solve one problem, create another. -DE

summer

Back later.

David

D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax

ecoba

Looking great, David. The shadows are a problem, though.  &mmm

Ethan  :)

dedgren

In the "Mine is bigger than yours" department, this...

Magnasanti [linkie]

...probably retires the trophy once and for all.

No connection whatsoever to 3RR, except perhaps with regard to the timeframes and behind the scenes pencilwhipping involved.  Sim City is once again, for some of us, shown not to be just merely a hobby- dare we call it an

?

...dunno- don't use the stuff...

Anyway, later.

David

D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax

ldvger

Great link, David, thanks for sharing.  Reminded me a lot of myself and cities I have planned and built in the past, especially the use of graph paper and pre-thinking basic zoning grids.  My cities always ended up massively symetrical, too, and usually had very geometric design parameters.

Back in SC2000, when we still had above ground ploppable water as an in-game feature, I designed a city I called "Atlantis", as it was an island.  It was square in shape, actually pyramidal, and symetrical about all axes.  I may still actually have that city saved someplace, I should dig it out and see if I can post some pics of it.

Lora/LD, definitely obsessive

mayorfabz

Jeeze, now that is a place where I wouldn't want to live. Too scary.

metarvo

This is SC3k, right?  I had the best time with that game when I bought it, which was equaled only when I really got into SC4.  Building the perfect city is something that I'm sure many SimCity players have tried.  Magnasanti would almost have to be one of the wonders of the world.
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

FrankU

I was impressed when I read about Magnasanti and it obsessisve perfection.
The perfect city does not exist. Maybe it is possible to make a city perfect in one or two aspects, but never in all. That is the reason why the Simcity games are endless.

I did use CK's Obsession for some years, but nowadays I think the perfume is too sweet and heavy. I use lighter perfumes these days.

And your seasonal landscapes are close to perfection! The shadows.... maybe it is something in the model of the trees?

Nardo69

Magnasanti is definately impressive. The shear planning itself is beyond any comparison itself. If I wouldn't have stopped packing too much sims in too less space because of digby ... well ...

Since the birth of Sc4 and its vast amount custom content I don't see the necessity of building vast towns on a single map any more - together with the region concept I prefer to see rural and urban as an entity and create the environment I'd love to see IRL, the landscape I love, the pictures of my heart.

I think that's something we have in common, and one reason why 3rr and Urland are existing for such an eternity in the time scale of computer games ...

It's not a game anymore ... ;)

Take care!

Bernhard  :thumbsup:

FrankU

Once I saw on Simtropolis a thread of someone who tried to make a city that was planned and laid down in one go and that should arrive at one million inhabitants within 20 years. He did and succeeded. I felt challenged and tried the same. I did not succeed, but that was the last time I had this SC2000 feeling of trying to plan a city in one go... (I used a cheat in SC2000 and never played SC3).
And indeed SC4 isn't really just a game, it's much more, especially if you include the communities like this one as being a large part of the fun.

Orange_o_

It has been nearly 2 two years since I am registered on different site of SC4. But it has been more than 3 years since I played SC4.
SC4 is more than a game.

Bravo david for your work

°   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °  

dragonshardz

Does anyone remember the planar JRJ water plop? I'm needing it for a project of mine in SC, and I can't find it anywhere in the thread.

wes.janson

Quote from: dragonshardz on May 30, 2010, 07:17:17 PM
Does anyone remember the planar JRJ water plop? I'm needing it for a project of mine in SC, and I can't find it anywhere in the thread.

Are you referring to the JRJ water that David increased the models to 9x12 and 4x3?