• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Introduction to "CWRIB" Concrete Walls for Ramps, Inclines, and Bridges

Started by onlycoop, May 19, 2009, 02:39:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

woodb3kmaster

IMHO, the three- and four-tile-wide arches look too stretched to be realistic; I personally would prefer a pair of 1.5- and 2-tile-wide arches to a single gigantic arch. Your call, though. Either way, I like the textures. Keep up the good work!

Feel brand new. Be inspired.
NYHAVEN - VIEWS FROM WITHIN
Nuclear City - 5/8

Nexis4Jersey

Here's some ideas for you from my trips around my state of New Jersey And Neighboring NY state!

Palisades Interstate parkway in NY state , all there overpasses and Underpasses are stone arches ,except for 4 !

Some Truss along NJ SR 23

Some arches along the Peekskill-Blaircliff Expressway

I hope i gave you some ideas for your Arch Bridge Enchantment , your doing a great job already!  :thumbsup:

~Corey

onlycoop

very cool and very helpful I was planning on making different arches as a add-on later. I just wanted to up some basic ones for the start and then make more elaborate arches later for more options. just so many ways to do things i wanted to cover things i would use. i am planning on making dual arches but they will either be with the RHW/MIS pack of props or another add-on pack.
the 3 and 4 tile wide arches i wanted because if i wanted to run a rail next to a ave or 2 MIS next to 4-RHW under a bridge.
but it's all in the eye of the beholder, hope to make some more post this weekend.

Onlycoop

Gringamuyloca

I really like what your are doing here.  ;D....  not all tunnels and overpasses have the same height for each lane, and it is up to the vehicle operator to pay attention to what lane he needs to be in.

I drive truck in RL... the US and Canada have standard tractor trailer height of 13' 6" or 4.11 meters. Anything taller needs a permit (... and route planning!)
If the clearance tile reads less than this, the T/T  and most straight truck units are not going to fit.....
It's been the start of a bad day for many truckers when they realize their chosen route has a low clearance overpass...  :o :'(

Tamara

cammo2003

^ Heh.

That's why most street directories and such will indicate the clearance for any underpass or level crossing (if you think a vehicle slamming into a bridge is bad, hitting 1500V or 25kV train wires is worse. :p

I believe it's also standard here to have the height signed on the overpass itself *just in case*.